Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Rate this Entry

SW:TOR must hit 500k subscribers to make a profit

Posted 02-02-2011 at 09:24 AM by WNxFireWraith
Just read some interesting news about Star Wars: The Old Republic. Bioware has spent so much on the game that they need a minimum of 500,000 subscribers for the game to break even.

Seems like an awful lot of money to spend on a game. I guess in the Blizzard Era, games have to spend that much just to compete.

I would be curious to see the number of subscribers Rift needs to achieve. They have shelled out an believable amount of money on that game.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4201 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry

Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    i know this is super old, but since the game is to be released soon, are those numbers still relevant? and are they just saying 500k subscribers to a one months subscription? crazyness, yo.
  2. Old
    K quick disclaimer, I hate wow, and will never go back to that pos. With that being said when the released wow that said the same thing "we need X00 K of people to join or else we lose money." Now look at it making per month what it toke to make the damn game. So Bioware has got little to worry about. Since everyone who like star wars is going to give this game a try at the very least.
    Posted 10-01-2011 at 08:30 AM by

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks