Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Rate this Entry

When will games pay attention to the market

Posted 02-25-2009 at 02:03 PM by WNxFireWraith
It is interesting that video games is one of the last areas of business that has absolutely no concern over the market.

This is most evident in the fact that EVERY game is released at the price of $49.99. There are three payment schemes for video games, either $50 box, a $15 per month fee, or free with a cash shop. That is ALL.

This is absurd if you think about this. If I'm going to buy a washing machine, I can get a nice one for a lot of money. Alternatively, I can get a smaller one with less features, maybe less reliability, for considerably cheaper. It's not older, it just isn't as good, therefore it doesn't cost as much.

Why can't game makers get this through their head? Not all games are worth $50. Let's take FEAR 2 for example. The single player demo was fun, but it was nothing earth-shattering or game breaking. So why are they charging $50? Do they think they're going to compete with CoD4 and CoD5? Because that's what they're pricing it at. If I was going to drop $50 for a game I would get CoD5, because it is just a better game for the money.

If FEAR 2 has been released for $30, I would have picked up a copy. And I bet I am not the only one. One day game makers will actually start realizing that stamping every piece of shit game at $50 is hurting their sales and that prices should be set depending on how good the game actually is.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5094 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry

Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old
    AMEN, Reverend!
    Posted 02-25-2009 at 02:39 PM by
  2. Old
    hey man
    ill send you money poor man
    i is teh rich
    Posted 02-25-2009 at 06:19 PM by WNxTwitch
  3. Old
    The price normally goes down fast if the game is crap.
    Posted 02-25-2009 at 09:07 PM by
  4. Old
    Yea, but the price of everything goes down. Games are the only thing that start out standardized.

Imagine if every car started at the price of a Lexus. Just makes no sense.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks