Thread: Review: Legend of Mir:The Three Heroes
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

England WNxIngeronic
11-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Local Time: 07:43 PM
Phoenix's Bitch
Review: Legend of Mir:The Three Heroes
Legend of Mir: The Three Heroes

Legend of Mir, released fully in September 2001, it is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). The game itself is free to download, but a monthly subscription is required to play the game in full mode. This allows people to try the game, which I think is a great idea really as people can judge the game for themselves.
The game is very easy to pick up and play, as it is quite basic in the gameplay, so a large range of people will enjoy the game. The website makes the game very easy to play and to keep updated, as the main website has a news section which allows you to get more information on news. There is a guide, which is incredibly helpful, even for the veteran players, this is because it covers so much information and goes into quite a lot of detail with the descriptions of items, spells, monsters and maps.
The guide includes information about which class does what, there are only three classes which you may be able to guess from the name of the game, ‘The Three Heroes’. Also the character section of the guide covers what NPC (Non-Playable Characters) image does what.
Also, in the guide there is lists and lists of items that are in-game, the items are set out in a table with the stats of the item to the right of the picture and the name. Another thing, which is helpful to all players, is the list of monsters, which includes some information about where they can be found, and a picture of the monster.
The map section is useful because it does include some useful coordinates, and pictures of provinces and a whole world map. Also, there is a interface section which talks new player thought the interface. Finally, the item crafting section, this tells people the items whch can be used to craft other items, but doesn’t tell players the recipes for the items, or which item is for which item.

Warrior
Warriors are the most physical of the three classes, these being able to hold the most in bag, the heaviest weapons, and heaviest items. The warrior is one of the easier to level up, but also probably the most boring as well. Warriors have no magic other then with a weapon, hitting the monster.

Taoist
Taoists are the even balance between physical and magical, they have there own set of separate skills, but are quite similar to a warrior, they can use most warrior weapons, and get away with it as long as they are high enough level and can carry the weapon because of weight. This class is the only class, which has the ability to spawn monsters, and to heal themselves and other players. Spawned monsters, will die when either you die, or log off, they will however never ‘untamed’, which means they will never brake away from the players rule. However, they are the most tedious to level up though, and a good balance of Warrior items and Taoist items is advisable to be able to hit monsters well, but be able to use magic at the same time.

Wizard
Wizards are the only class to not be physical, well they can be, but they will die quickly, as they don’t have very good defensive items or defensive stats. They are all magical, with no physical spells, they are the best class to use at long range, and are the only class to be able to ‘tame’, which is to capture, monsters, it is possible for a high level wizard to ‘tame’ up to 5 pets. Pets level up like players do, but don’t take so long to level up, and you can tell the difference as the colour of the pets name will change to a darker blue as it is levelled higher and higher. Wizards, if used well, can be the quickest levellers in Legend of Mir. Wizards pets do ‘untame’, which means they will get free from the players rule, and most likely will attack the wizard, it takes 2 hours for a wizards pet to untamed however, so as long as the wizard is careful he and his pet can survive, and the wizard can ‘re-tame’ the pet.

Currently the game is on version 1.9, when the game was brought out on September 2001, it was version 1.4. They have only quite recently done some patches to improve the game, as there was a lot of hacking, cheating and scamming going on, but now it is a lot better, with a hacking system installed into the servers, and any bugs which were, are now no more.

The community of the game is quite large really, it isn’t as big as most other new games out, but the community is active and is always there to help. There are two playable servers, Dragon server, which is the original server that started Legend of Mir, and Phoenix, which was made at the and of Beta testing stages. The dragon server community seems to me to be more expecting of players, then the phoenix, and it is easier to start in phoenix because most players are new, and there are less players so more items can be gained, and it is a closer community then on dragon server.

There are some quests in-game to keep player busy, but the main aim of the game is to level up and make money, the quests don’t play that much of a big part in the game, and some of the quests are quite tiresome and boring, they are pretty much all the same, where you have to pick up something, or find something then drop it off, then collection something else and drop that off then get a reward, they aren’t all like this but basically they are, just in different forms.

Proposal
Click the image to open in full size.

Wedding

Prison!

Action!

Graphics-
The characters are 2D, with 3D backgrounds, this makes the game quite interesting as it has a strange look and feel but it does work!

Sound-
The sounds of the monsters are good and the sounds of the character moves are good, but they all get quite repetitive after a while.

GamePlay-
The gameplay is simple, anyone can just pick it up and start to play it, but it isn’t as repetitive as you would think.

Conclusion 7/10-
The game has interesting graphics, which are outdated slightly, but still work well, and the sounds are repetitive, but the gameplay is so easy to pick up, and the guide so good that it deserves a mark at the top end of the scoreboard. However, the lack of quests brings it down a notch, the quests are to fare and few between.

Thanks to Legend of Mir website:
www.legendofmir.net

Warrior Nation

WNx Mad Devil
11-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
#
like usualy, well donne
sounds like an easy and interesting game to play, and those scrrenies kinda remind me of diablo II

Warrior Nation

WNxSilverSaint
11-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Unregistered
#
I've played this game, u have to pay after lvl 20 to grow lvls. every month its $7 something and for a year its about $27 or sumfin

But Its A Great Game
Good review aswell

Warrior Nation

England WNxIngeronic
11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Local Time: 07:43 PM
Phoenix's Bitch
itws a old game, if anyone is intrested in playing it or want any information then PM me here and ill be very willing to help .

Warrior Nation

WNxDownY
11-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Unregistered
#
!!!! I remember this game...nice review dude. Hahaha, it was such a silly lil game. I am d/ling now.

~\DOwnY/~

Primary: Minecraft
Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxKnife
12-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Local Time: 06:43 PM
Kandy King
oh god. lol. great review... but the game brings back bad memories

i played LOM from around June 2001 to Oct 17th (i think) 2001. i would have payed for it but was having trouble with the payment method and they wouldn't help me sort it out and Oct 17th (or whenever it was) was the day that anyone who still hadn't payed would no longer be able to connect. since i thought i was going to have no trouble with paying i didn't say bye to anyone and when i next logged in i was just automatically logged back out again >_<

and i was one of the strongest in my guild "Fallen Angels" we got the Wumataurus Horn after someone else killed it so technically our guild was formed from theft i think i was gonna join The Inner Circle (i wonder if they're still about) and they charged 50k to join and i payed that like the day before i couldn't play anymore

at the time, the armour you could wear at level 22 was the best armour in the game and no-one else could know what level you were at anyway so if you were wearing the best armour you could be anything over level 22... and i was 21 with 99.95% exp so i was 0.05% from level 22 arrrrg.

if anyone sees Zaphod606 tell him to contact me... i don't think he knows my email addy though

well anyway, that's a bit of my memory of LOM >_< *can't forget*

EDIT: i've started taking a disliking to editing my posts but i had to add this: once our guild tried to take sabuk wall (which was kinda just as a joke because we were just a small, weak group) (sabuk wall is really near a dungeon which has the strongest monsters in it and you can get loads of experience there - the guild who owns it can spawn there if they die [well they could when i played]) and, as usual, when a guild's trying to take the wall, the owners are defending it (and they can hire NPC archers too) and so many other guilds try to take it too... and after a while when we realised we were just gonna die for no good reason we pretended we were just watching and hid behind trees etc it was teh ownage

Last edited by WNxKnife; 12-03-2004 at 06:30 AM..

Warrior Nation

WNxBeast Warrior
12-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Unregistered
#
Great review, but It's nice to see someone put up those old games.

Closed Thread