Thread: Delta Challenge: Battle of the Consoles Results!
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxFataalFrietje
07-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Doing Things My Way
Event
Delta Challenge: Battle of the Consoles Results!
Click the image to open in full size.

Battle Operations Delta Challenge: Battle of the Consoles!
Starts - 10th June 2011, 10 AM GMT
Ends - 9th July 2011, 3 PM GMT

Ladies and Gentlemen, It's time to announce the grand results of Battle of the Console!.
A great idea used for the FPS event has been adapted for Delta in the never-ending conflict, which is better Xbox 360 or PS3?. Well sections have united underneath their console banner and fought for dominance over Europe, the Middle East and Asia to prove that they are indeed the better combatant.

So how did the event work?
Battle of the Consoles! has focused on Dominance over a map. Sides gained points via Game nights, Recruits and Competitions to take over countries. These countries over time gave each side even more points to dominate with! There were 3 different tier countries, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Gold cost 30 points to capture and gave 3 points a day, Silver costs 20 and gives 2 a day, Bronze costs 10 and gives 1 a day.

To spice things up a bit, we introduced Perks. When a particular country has been captured, a side gained a perk. These ranged from Neutralizing an enemy territory via "Missile" and increasing country points output via "Blitzkrieg".

The Map used for capture requests, and to keep track on who held what. + Total Points gained per section    

Xbox 360 vs PS3 - The Outcome.

And the winner is...

Xbox 360!

Xbox 360 - 410
PS3 - 180

Xbox 360 took a shine to this event and right from the get go went into full-domination tatics. They were producing alot of points via GN's and Competitions and using those points effectively to truly dominate the map. The main force behind their success are the efforts of 3 members, WNxDeadpool, WNxTheMitch and WNxREVOLUT1ONZx. These three members took main control of the map process, the main focus of the event. Requesting captures, approving captures. Without these 3 members the event would have been very stale.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 260)

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360) took this event on and went full steam ahead. Constant game nights, forum competitions, recruits, you name it they done it. Great and constant attendance at both Early and Normal game nights just gave this section the points which helped it rise to the top. It wasn't just a one-man effort by the BO. The Major, the FO and RO each gave a big effort to help push the section towards 1st place. Possibly the main reason why this section won though is the members. These guys turned up to each and every game night in force, often exceeding the 8-person XBL Party limit. Members representing WN in a high standard helping to recruit some members into the section and the excellent Weapon Challenges encouraged members to mix up their game and play with different tatics, an event wonderfully executed by the BO Capt, WNxDeadpool.

The section clubbed together to show the rest of WN that they are indeed, the best section in Delta. With a steady flow of points shown by the graph shown consistency in the section, and the dedication the members put towards the event. With a grand total of 156 points (the only section to get triple figures!), 1st place goes to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)

As a reward for coming 1st, the section gets a special Avatar/Signature set created just for their victory, aswell as a new Banner (If they choose to)

MAG

In second place in the Delta Challenge was the MAG PS3 section. Even though being one of the smallest sections in console these guys put in a lot of work mainly coming from their major WNxEvilGenius who put in a LOT of work into this event. From holding a lot of successful gamenights to organizing weekly in-game challenges, resulting in a lot of points being earned and a lot of members getting trophies. WNxEvilGenuis was also a very active member and took the leading role through most of the ps3’s captures and requests.

MAG has finished the event with a total of 88 points! to come 2nd.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)

In third place was Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3. This section along with MAG were the main force behind point gain for PS3 but unfortunately couldn't do enough to gain second place. They gave it their all with forum competitions, game nights and tournaments, but not even some late recruits could get the extra points needed. The section only got really into the event halfway through, if they had started off with the same performance BFBC2 360 would have had a close challenge for 1st!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3 made a great effort, but it was too late in the competition. They still managed to grab 3rd place with 79 points!

WNxDeadpool

WNxDeadpool is in my opinion, a stellar example of a Battle Operations Captain. He is constantly coming up with new ways to promote activity in his section both in-game and on the forums. Giving old ideas a breath of fresh air and really connecting his section within itself. His work brings members together and creates fun, friendly competition between each other and keeps bringing in new ways to experience the game. He never fails to impress. It's not just his work inside his section which gets him credit, his determination in the Delta Challenge has seen him create meetings with other section leaders and spearheading the assault against PS3. As soon as the event started, an organized Deadpool knew exactly what he wanted to do. His strive to do his best for the section, and work during the Delta Challenge makes him a more than worthy candidate.

It's my great pleasure to award the BOOM award to WNxDeadpool for his outstanding work for his section, and for Xbox as a whole. Congratulations!

Last of all, I would like to thank each and every console section for taking part, and also to all the hardworking BO Capts and Majors!.

The Delta Crew
WNxFataalFrietje
WNxCallum
WNxFatalVirus

Get Ripped Or Die Mirin'

Warrior Nation

WNxbliZZard
07-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered
#
Congratz

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Team Fortress 2

Spain WNxCJL9788
07-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Local Time: 11:54 PM
El Nińo
Congratulations to all of the sections!

[17:18] WNxPhoenix: go masturbate if I'm disturbing you! || WNxnomis: If we play granary I will shit in someone's mouth || WNxSpamDiggity: btw you just caught me jacking off
Twitch Stream || Youtube Channel

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDeadpool
07-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Total WNx Beast
The Merc with a Mouth!
This was a lot of fun

congratz to all sections who placed

EDIT::...Mitch we got shout outs go us!

Warrior Nation

WNxGunshot
07-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered
#
congrats to all the sections!

Warrior Nation

WNxGorilla
07-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
#
Congratz to the winners!
And especially to Deadpool, great job mate!

-Gorilla

Warrior Nation

England WNxBenny
07-13-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm no Superman
Well Done to all who competed and to the delta team

Congrats to 360 and my section for winning

GT: CarefreeBen XFIRE: benislegend

Warrior Nation

WNxLions
07-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered
#
Congrats guys. WOO XBOX 360!!!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxTheMitch
07-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Republic Diehard
You will fail.
Looking good, guys! And great job, Nathan! Xbox domination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxFataalFrietje View Post
Xbox 360 took a shine to this event and right from the get go went into full-domination tatics. They were producing alot of points via GN's and Competitions and using those points effectively to truly dominate the map. The main force behind their success are the efforts of 3 members, WNxDeadpool, WNxTheMitch and WNxREVOLUT1ONZx. These three members took main control of the map process, the main focus of the event. Requesting captures, approving captures. Without these 3 members the event would have been very stale.

Yeah I saw, Nathan. Yay for you, Nick/Rev and me. Whoop for mentions!

Johnny'storm | Loranga | Rycanda | Neesade
Teeubo | Conquestum | Magistrum | Jackie'frost
Monstrator | Ismade | Agnarol | Tseuqnoc
Sue'storm 10 | Exercitor 23 | Praceptor 18 | Lanistae 13

Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxCallum
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Fataal's Bitch
Congrats Xbox .

(My First Announcement, Woo ;D)

"Nerd Poster Boy" - WNx4evaWasted

Warrior Nation

WNxKampfschwimmer
07-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered
Congrats to all sections! (Callum, was that my map? )

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWhiteEagle
07-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Local Time: 06:54 PM
WoW Characters
Not a Toaster
Yay me....I mean yay us!

Gratz to the section, and a big congrats to all the sections who participated!! We will show the world that WNx is unstoppable! After all....."We just wanna take over the world!"

An extra special gratz to Deadpool! An extra one for our wonderful RO, WNxT0x1n and our decent () FO, WNxBenny for helping us all!

And last, gratz to everyone in our section!!! I knew we could do it! I told you those late nights covered in Cheetos would pay off!

-Ulti

"Since clicking Lightwell is so hard, how about I just make it click you?!"- Gigz

Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxBen1601
07-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Honorable Discharge
CoD EU 360 HoF 06-11
Rocket TURTLES!
congratulations and well done for all those who took part

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Minecraft

United States WNxHarkenn
07-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Congrats to all the sections that participated, and props to BO for a great event!

Formerly: MP | HG:FO | HG:BO | GM | BO:Commissioner

Warrior Nation

United States WNxSilent
07-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Simply Chimply
Yay! Good job Xbox! Especially Deadpool. Well done mate.

Xbox Live: Silent Chimp || Guild Wars: Silent Apparition
"This, then, is the mark of a man, the beard... It is therefore unholy to desecrate the symbol of manhood, hairiness." -St. Clement of Alexandria, 271 AD

Warrior Nation

WNxcrutabs
07-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered
well i guess i better rep for the ps3...good win xbox guys...you really took the bull by the horns and whooped some butt....rep to mitch and deads pool

Primary: Minecraft
Warrior Nation

United States WNxArachnophilic
07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Thanks Delta for running this contest. I know how much time and effort it takes to pull this off.

Well done
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 260)
You guys put in a lot of effort.

Good job WNxEvilGenius! I know first hand how much time you put in for MAG. Just for reference MAG had 11 members sign roll call in June.

Recogize your leader. Listen to your leader. Follow your leader. Inspire your leader.

Warrior Nation

WNxYager682
07-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered
Nice work guys! Congratz to the Xbox sections and to BFBC2 Xbox guys!

We had a late start but thats our own fault. We did what we did in about 2weeks so I'd like to thank all the Officers in the BFBC2 PS3 section for all thier time and hard work getting things going.

Had alot of fun with all the things we had goin on. Hope they continue...

Congratz again to the Winners!!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxSwitchBlade
07-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Legendary.
<3
Congrats to all of the sections!

Switch

Warrior Nation