Thread: Legislative Chamber - Shareholders
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
11-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Local Time: 10:28 PM
New Feature
Legislative Chamber - Shareholders
Legislative Chamber
Click the image to open in full size.

Legislative Chamber Forum found in the Administrative Section at the bottom of the forum.

The Legislative Chamber is comprised of two bodies. This includes all members of the Pentagon and the Shareholders. The purpose is to involve those who financial contribute to the future of WN by allowing them discussion and voting rights within three major categories.

Shareholder Members and Rights
  • Pentagon Administrators - Proposal, discussion and voting rights within the Legislative Chamber.
  • Click the image to open in full size.
    Shareholder Level 1 - Proposal, discussion and voting rights within the Legislative Chamber. They have donated $100+ within the last 12 months.
    Shareholder Level 2 - Discussion and voting rights within the Legislative Chamber. They have donated $50+ within the last 12 months.
    Shareholder Level 3 - Read only access and voting rights within the Legislative Chamber. They have donated $25+ within the last 12 months.
Restrictions:
  • Minimum 30 days membership.
  • Status suspended when on probation.
  • If you are Honorably or Dishonorably discharged, you lose your Shareholder status. If you return, you must donate the minimum required amount to be reinstated.
  • Guest or Alliance accounts may not hold Shareholder status regardless of past or current donations.

Qualified Voting Categories
  1. Law creation/removal and revision.
  2. Policy creation/removal and revision.
  3. Structure changes at all levels in all departments.
    • Inclusions:
      • Addition, subtraction or modification of specific ranks including the purpose, duties and requirements of the individuals holding the ranks.
      • Individual existence of a Major General position as it relates to either the creation or abolishment of a free standing department.
      • Expansion or contraction of Administrator Max caps within any department or layer.
    • Exceptions:
      • 5 Star and Major General layers are governed by the Military Council and any changes to the structure of these layers are the responsibility of the 5 Star Generals only.
      • Appointment or removal of any member within the Pentagon is not with the powers of the Shareholders.

Voting Rules
  • Polls for WN Bills may only be created between the 1st and 5th of the month to be voted upon. Any late polls will be disqualified and pushed to the following month.
  • Polls will run for 10 days before a final closing count can be made.
  • 51% must vote yes for a WN Bill to pass.
  • 50% of all Shareholders must vote in order for a passing bill to be valid.
  • Only the Pentagon and Shareholders may cast a vote on WN Bills.
  • Once a Bill has passed it must be implemented within 30 days.
  • A 5 Star General may Veto the Bill within 10 days from the closing of the poll. If this occurs, the Legislative Chamber may bring it forward the following month for another vote. A 2/3 Yes approval and 75% Shareholder participation will be required to override the Veto, otherwise it is not Implemented.
  • If a WN Bill fails to pass, the committee may bring it back to the discussion phase and represent a revised version for a vote in the following months polls.
  • If a WN Bill fails to pass after two consecutive monthly polls, it may not be presented again for a minimum of 6 months.

WN Bill creation process and requirements

General Process:
  • WN Bill Proposals must be posted for discussion for a minimum of 20 days.
  • All WN Bills must go through a minimum of 2 Drafts during the discussion.
    • Each draft would incorporate the suggestions and changes to the WN Bill through the discussion period.
  • The Final WN Bill must be published for review 5 days before the Poll can be created.
    • The purpose is to allow this time frame for any final suggestions, support or objections to what will be presented in a poll. In some cases the final WN Bill may need to be further revised in order to gain additional support and as a result may or may not make the deadline if another revision is needed.
  • A WN Bill can only be posted for a vote between the 1st and 5th of each month. The duration of the voting must be set as 10 days.

Bill Format:

In order for a WN Bill to be recognized and allowed for discussion and voting it must be presented with some required information and general formats. You must use title headings, numbering and bullet points to outline your WN Bill proposal so that it can be reviewed in an organized fashion. The key item to keep in mind is that when a WN Bill is put to a vote, everything required to Implement should be specifically outlined 100%. You cannot put a concept into a WN Bill that would require details to be worked out afterward. All the details should have been created during the discussion and draft phases.
  • Law and Policy
    • Post Title: WN Bill Proposal - Law or Policy Name and Number in question
    • Overview: Describes the purpose for the creation/removal or change and the benefits that you the proposer believes will be gained or lost as a result.
    • Current Law or Policy: The text exactly as it is currently stated.
    • Proposed Law or Policy: The exact new or revised text to be placed in a WN Bill.
    • References: Provide facts, opinions, quotes, references, links, images and any other supporting information.
    • Summary: This is used to state your case and summarize what you are trying to accomplish.
  • Structure
    • Post Title: WN Bill Proposal - Brief Title Description
    • Overview: Describes the purpose for the creation/removal or change and the benefits that you the proposer believes will be gained or lost as a result.
    • Outline: All working pieces of the creation or change. For example, this would include ranks with descriptions and caps, duties and all the working pieces of how things function.
    • References: Provide facts, opinions, quotes, references, links, images and any other supporting information.
    • Summary: This is used to state your case and summarize what you are trying to accomplish.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Local Time: 10:28 PM
I would like to add to this announcement and let you know that this system not only includes normal member into the process, but it also structures and bring accountability to the Pentagon in these types of discussions that didn't exist before.

The Elected Admin was a good idea, but it didn't serve the purpose I intended it to serve. I believe this new system will achieve the goals of making sure we the Administrators are listening. Even if you are not a Shareholder, you now have more options because you can approach Shareholders with your ideas and if they believe in you, they may just bring it forward on your behalf.

I hope this brings more visibility, accountability and improves your experience at WN.

In addition, if you look at the very bottom of the forum main page, you will find a feature showing you who all the Shareholders are broken down by their levels.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxPyrZern
11-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Temperance
Dawn
I like when you're around Wakko. Things get done.

About the List at the bottom, can you keep the usernames' color according to the members' ranks ? Now they're all white.

Found a new Girl for my Ava/Sig ~!!!!
Online Folio Website

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

United States WNxSoCo
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Justice 4 ALL!
Official DungeonMaster
Looks GREAT! I have great hope that the long needed "comment box" idea now has even more perks to it than expected. It is a wonderful thing to provide additional benefits to all our members who give so generously to help maintain the existance of Warrior Nation. Your donations have always been very much appreciated and now we have another way to give back and prove our deepest appreciation. Thank you and congratulations to all new shareholders!

Our lives and our choices. Each encounter suggests a new potential direction...

Warrior Nation

Canada WNx Gunblade
11-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Honorable Discharge
Forza Italia
<3 Brunettes
great idea man, looks weird tho time to get used to i guess

Warrior Nation

WNxLiL Smokii
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Unregistered
#
looks pretty good to me.. thats coolio man.. nice job

Warrior Nation

Finland WNxSirRetro
11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Alright.. This is something new, will see how it's getting started and going on.

Stats | noobmeter | Wotlabs.net | Wot.eu | My replays
Twitch.tv | SirRetro offline!

Primary: Xbox Division
Warrior Nation

Singapore WNxJurafalle
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Local Time: 12:28 PM
The Waffle Man
Uses Flamethrower!
Now this is what I like about the system, all of it.

WNxJurafalle & WNxJNG - Rock Band Buddies <3 | Twitch Channel!
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" - Henri Frederic Amiel

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

Isle of Man WNxClydez
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Old Skool
congratz Shareholders ... lets see how well this plan works ... hopefully it is a hit!

Ask yourself what do you really believe, and what would you sacrifice for those beliefs? Now ask yourself again what do you really believe?

Warrior Nation

WNxthe will tactic
11-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
One step closer to a true democracy. I love it. All of it. Thanks a lot Wakko. Now stick around some more

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxFireWraith
11-22-2009, 09:57 PM
So which Shareholder 1 wants to let me use you as a voicebox?

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDHare3
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Local Time: 11:28 PM
WoW Characters
I love it. Thank you Wakko, and all others who have worked hard to put this system into play.

I have a 3 but, my old medal was for over 50 dollars, so should I not be a 2? Or is it only for the most recent donations?

Warrior Nation

United States WNxPyrZern
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Temperance
Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxFireWraith View Post
So which Shareholder 1 wants to let me use you as a voicebox?

Or which Admin xD
Since all Admins have lv 1 clearance.

Found a new Girl for my Ava/Sig ~!!!!
Online Folio Website

Warrior Nation

WNxItalianStallion
11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Unregistered
Thanks Wakko

ItalianStallion

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxFireWraith
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxPyrasia View Post
Or which Admin xD
Since all Admins have lv 1 clearance.
Ah that's true. Ok, applications are open to Lvl 1s and Admins. Hehe.

Warrior Nation

WNxOtama
11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Unregistered
Awesome initiative Wakko! Looking forward to seeing how it works out

Warrior Nation

WNxLegit
11-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Unregistered
And this could not be done in the pent?...which is basically the same? Dear god save the pent! And apparently, if I am reading this correctly, the only person able to propose stuff are those who donate $100+ and well, Admins (who can do that in the Pent, right?)...but at least in there they can be shot down haha...oh well. Whatever.

-Legit

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

Germany WNxSimon
11-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Looks nice!

"Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness."

Warrior Nation

United States WNxPyRo
11-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Official Guest
E☩ЄRNAL
MU☩AƝ☩
Hm..this could work..nice add-on there Wakko..good to see you handlin' business..

XBL GT: WNxPyRo

Warrior Nation

WNxRPE
11-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Unregistered
this should hopefully do exactly what you say make the pent a lot more open and members can have their say. I like it.

Closed Thread