Thread: Combat Journalist's Newsroom Outtakes #7 - February 2009
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

WNxToxicTin
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Unregistered
#
CJ News
Combat Journalist's Newsroom Outtakes #7 - February 2009
Click the image to open in full size.

Letter From the Writer:
Hello guys! This will be my first ever Newsroom Outtakes and as of now this will be my job! So I hope I do a satisfying job at it! Let's hope that the one chance I have taken upon myself won't go wrong and I can proceed to keep taking these NRO's upon my own hands again! We have lots of news this month, so sit back and enjoy!

The monthly award

Ace Award
Awarded to CJs that perform their job far above average. Writing excellent reports, interviews,
creative pieces or game guides such as the work on histories or reviews can be issue reasons. Helping and improving
other members' work is also specially recognized by this award.

WNxRinzark - Dystopia

WNxRinzark has been in this department since December, as the Combat Journalist for the Dystopia section. During his first three weeks in the department, he never failed to submit a report. Even if he could not make it for a report for his section, he could still whip up an adequate report every two weeks, and thus earning him a featured report for his seventh report. This is commendable, and thus, he deserves the Ace Award for this month. Congratulations! (~WNxFrozenPast)

WNx Silly PunkD - Halo (PC)

Some can say, doing lots of jobs impresses people. It certainly did, never failing to come up with two separate reports for the combined section of Halo (AU/EU), he showed us that he could do quality work, especially, given a task to write up two different region's news and put it into one report. Recently, he has volunteered for a spot as Halo (NA)'s Combat Journalist, and recently in the Weekly Warrior, earned himself a featured report. Therefore, we give our biggest congratulations to Silly PunkD, the journalist for Halo (PC), on this month's Ace Award. (~WNxFrozenPast)

Looking back
This all leaves us with one more reward to be given out by the CJD. So without further ado, please congratulate...

WNxJehera - AirRivals

Review of the Month
Review of the month is given out to those who write and submit star quality game reviews.

Jehera has been submitting a multitude of reviews and all are of exceptional quality. There was no doubt in my mind that he would receive January's Review of the Month. Jehera's reviews consist of clean visual elements, organization, and the kind of depth that Warrior Nation's reviews really need. Everyone can learn a little from Jehera and I encourage everyone who submits a preview or review to take a look at his first. Keep up the terrific work, Jehera! (~WNxCanyonne)

Fresh meat!
We have had a great month for promotions! The CJD is really getting filled with these CJ's with awesome writing abilities. Please congratulate and welcome the following people to the CJD:

WNx Wicked - Call of Duty 2 (EU)
WNxDavid990 - Call of Duty 4 (Xbox 360)
WNxDarKSN - Historian
WNxKiish - Historian
WNxJĎNGŘ - Historian
WNxPrecisionEvil - Interviewer
WNxFreeSty1e - Interviewer
WNxHoly Smoke - Interviewer
WNxTheLintLicker - Preview/Review
WNxEthiopian - WarCraft 3 West

The leavers
Now to the sad part of the news. We have had some awesome guys leave the wonderful position of Journalist. These people will be remembered and we hope them all the best in life outside the CJD! The leavers are shown below:

WNxDadzilla - Diablo 2 Europe
WNxSquirrelJedi - Ikariam.com - Alpha

Good Bye Nubbly
A fellow Colonel of Journalism, WNxNubblyBubbly has found a few problems in real life and therefore has resigned and left the Journalist Department. I would like to thank him for everything he has done for the Department and all the things he did to improve the CJD, to make us as epic as we are now! I think I speak for all of us when I say that he is missed a lot and will never be forgotten! This was the last message he had before resigning:

Quote:
Well... Every good thing must come to an end. Unfortunately, this good thing is my reign as the Col. of the Combat Journalist Department. I have been in this department for over a year and a half and have been HCJ for almost a year. It has been one hell of a good time. There is honestly no other department I would rather be in... Even though this is the ONLY department I have ever been in. I love this place to death and would do anything for it and for that reason I am resigning.

Actually the real reason I am resigning is because I received a letter from my University stating that I need to get my head out of my ass and stick it in some books. Seriously though, my GPA has fallen below of what is required for my program. I need to pick it up and keep it up, or else I get put on academic probation. In all honesty... I just can't fuck this up and I need to focus on getting my GPA back up.

My time spent here has been AWESOME and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Great people, a wonderful environment and just the friends I have made here are going to make me come back when I get my GPA back up.

I will not be stepping down to Editor, but rather leaving the department as a whole and staying as a regular member for a few months. I may eventually be taking an LoA, however, I am still unsure.

I have seen this department in its ups and downs and flourish into an excellent reporting department. I am very proud and satisfied where we have ended up today and look forward for the more improvements that the rest of the leadership can accomplish. It should be a great site when I am able to come back and see us stronger and better than ever! Great things are in store for this department and I hope you guys are still here to experience it all. I hope that when I make my return, I will recognize many faces and see many more NEW faces. I'd like to think that I made a difference in here, but that is for you guys to decide because what I did... I did for you guys and the department. You guys ARE the department and never forget that!

Now... What would a leaving thread be with a few shout outs, eh?!

Zero - Damn man... We have sure been through a lot huh... And I mean A LOT! You have always been there for me when I needed the help/guidance or just when I wanted to annoy the shit out of someone. From me being your slave as an ECJ then me coming up to HCJ with you and I being equals. Then you going up to BG and me becoming your slave again. Without you I would have never became an HCJ. You were the one who got my to apply and believe in myself. I hope that you will still talk to me even though I am leaving you all alone. Keep this department going strong as I know you will and make it THE best one in Warrior Nation! Keep up the awesome work and don't let anyone slack around here! You hear me!? Good! See you on the flip side buddy.

Deez - Ahh Deezy! My best man! I will truly miss you... You sir, are one of a kind. We have had some relationship here in the CJD and I will never forget it. I hope that you are here for a LONG time to come and especially when I come back I hope to see you. Don't let Zero get too out of control with all his rules and regulations. Make sure to keep some fun in here. I left you a little going away present on your desk... You should go take a look after. Have a good one man!

Lordy - You! You are one special guy! Probably one of the closest guys to me in this department and I will definitely not forget your name. I have enjoyed helping you during your time in this department. I still remember the first day I approached you for promoting you to Editor. You were speechless and thought I was joking. I couldn't stop laughing. Good times. I hope that you go far in your WN career and that you never stop progressing. I know you will turn out to be on great admin someday and I hope I am there to witness it. Our crazy conversations on Xfire will never stop and I will be sure to talk to you every day!

That's all the shoutouts I am going to be doing because I want to save myself from arthritis. These three people have made it for me in the CJD. To all of the other Editors... FA, SQ, FP, Husky, Jokaz, Step, Ara, Can, Fatality, Toxic, and m0use, it has been a great honour in working with all of you guys. Actually... It has been an honour working EVERY CJ in this department no matter which position you are holding. I hope to see you guys when I get back. Keep the Paper Sanctum in order... But not too in order.. I hate organization .

I wish you guys the best in 2009 and I'll see you later!

*tear*

^That actually did happen. I had tears in my eyes writing this because this is truly that hard for me...
We all hope you have a great time in University and hopefully you get the marks you need to stay and the marks you need to succeed in life! We all miss you Nubbly and we hope to see you back into the Journalist Department as soon as possible! Good luck mate!

Hello New Colonel
Well you all probably know by now we have had a new Colonel lead the team as our old one, Nubbly, left. So as hard as it was to see Nubbly go, this was harder for the new Colonel to fill his shoes. We currently found a Welsh boy with the same shoe size that has been loyal to the CJD and truly deserves to be the Colonel of Journalism. This was his promotional story:

Quote:
In short: The guy has been an excellent worker in the CJD for more than a year now. The promotion to colonel was long overdue. I'm not saying it was an easy choice but I knew that I had a great amount of people I could have confidence in, which made the choice easier.

In long:
WNxMWDeez was sitting at his desk, hurriedly filling his paperwork. Now that Nubblybubbly had gone and ran off with a troop of Austrian sailors, he was left with all of the work he would usually have taken. The clock was pointing at ten minutes to midnight, so he knew he had to hurry, lest he miss the most awesome party ever. The party when he would find out who his new soul mate would be.

Finally he reached the bottom of the pile, only to find a squashed cupcake. Munching this while grabbing his coat, he started to feel faint. It suddenly dawned on him that the cupcake was an artefact left from the time when Zero-hero had occupied this office, making it highly alcoholic by nature. Stumbling through his door, he made his way down the corridor to the main hall, where the party was being held.

On the way there, the room started to spin. He found it hard to keep balance, and the double doors at the end of the corridor seemed to be getting further and further away. Grabbing what appeared to be a giant waffle for balance, he gulped down some water in a quick attempt to sober up, before promptly falling asleep on top of the waffle.

He groaned as a wave of nausea as he was waking. Looking under him, he saw that he had infact fallen asleep on WNxFrozenpast, crushing him under his weight. Helping the Editor up, he enquired to the time.

“Three in the morning sir,” wheezed the flattened Editor.

“Oh no, the party is almost over, and if I don’t make it, it’ll be bad luck for the relationship with my new smoochie-kins!” cried the Colonel-CJ. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he started to sprint towards the doors at the end of the corridor, leaving Frozenpast, who had now fainted on the floor again. Upon reaching the doors he kicked them open and shouted “MY LOVER!”

“I think you’re my slave, not my lover,” said Zero-Hero who was trying to exit. “You’re late you know?” “I’m sorry,” said Deez, “I got drunk on a cupcake, and then permanently disabled Frozen Past... someone should check on him. Anyway, who’s my new lover?” “Well now, that would be telling you, wouldn’t it... In fact, let’s play a little game”.

Zero clapped his hands and instantly five Combat Journalists popped up, and grabbed pieces of furniture. Quickly, they set up a stool on one side of a wall, and four on the other side. At the same time, Deez was sent out of the room, and Zero choose four editors, and then sat deez on the lone stool.
“Well now”, said Zero to the Combat Journalists, who were now sat as an audience, “I mentioned earlier that I had trouble picking the new mate for deez, so, I’m going to let him decide. But he has to ask them questions first, without knowing who they are. So, when you’re ready Deez”.

“Ok... Contestant number one, tell me about yourself”.

“My name is Squea...” A loud gunshot resounded throughout the hall. Zero lowered the smoking pistol in his hand. “No names,” He bellowed. “Ok then, very interesting, but a bit short,” Said Deez. “Contestant Number two, what’s your idea of a great dinner?

“Well Deez, I like to put some sardines in a beagle, with some mustard of course, and have that for the main course. For dessert, a nice mouse on top of an apple turnover, with ketchup is always my favourite.”

“Ok then,” said Deez uneasily. “Zero, shoot that guy too please. Now Contestant number three,” he shouted over the gunshot, “what’s your perfect date?

“Well, it would have to be a good visit to the cinema first of all. You know, it’s dark and loud so no one can see or hear what I’m doing to you. After that, you’re bound and gagged, put in the back of my van.”

“Right... We need to do some killing of some Editors. Contestant number four, where would your perfect walk be?”

“Well lad, that’d be ova’ da verdant Welsh hills ‘twould. Then we’d go and eat some good ol’ lamb for dinner.”

“Well, it’s a hard choice, as they’re all good answers. However, I’m going to have to go and make some Welsh babies with contestant number four...

And there you go... Congratulations to WNxTheWelshie!
Congratulations Fallen, this is very well deserved! We wish you best of luck with the position and we are confident you can fill Nubbly's shoes!

Official Thread: http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=496260

A New P/Review Editor
We have an amazing Editor interested in the P/Review room and therefore asked for the position of P/Review Editor! He has great experience of being Editor and therefore got the position with flying colours! Congratulations Canyonne, really well deserved mate! Hope you enjoy your new job as P/Review Editor. Here was his promotion:

Quote:
He has been serving in the position temporarily, while we decided who to give the position to. However, because he has done such an amazing job, he gets to keep the job! Congratulations, my friend!

WNxCanyonne
An Important Change
With WNxFallenAngel moving on to become the Colonel of Journalism, it left a vacant spot for another Instructor. WNxZero-Hero asked the Instructors their views and both WNxFatality and WNxFrozenPast were confident they could cope with an increase in the number of Combat Journalist they look over. Instead of promoting another CJ to become the FPS Instructor, FrozenPast has now taken over FPS. Fatality will have the RTS/RPG group. Both groups are even, as the FPS use to be the large majority in the split. We are confident they will handle the increase.

This Month's P/Reviews and Interviews:
This month we have had some news from Zero about the deadlines and expected Interviews that are need for the current "Interviewer" position. This month the Interview crew have wowed us once again! The P/Reviews are looking quite good, there has been a break out in P/Reviews this month! These Journalists have really worked themselves this month to show us how great these games are. You don't need me to sit here and tell you this, take a look yourself!

P/Reviews

Preview - Aika Online - WNxKitra
Review - FlyFF (Fly For Fun) - WNxTheLintLicker
Preview - Killzone 2 - WNxConroi
Review - Starcraft - WNxJehera
Preview - White Knight Chronicles - WNxConroi
Review - Race Driver GRID - WNxJehera

Interviews
Interview - WNxPatchaxx by WNxHellsight
Interview - WNxKiish by WNxThorinoakinbum
Interview - WNxNubcake2 by WNxUbersub
Medal of Resolution & Promotional Interview - WNxJokazwild by WNxNubblyBubbly
Promotional Interview - WNxMoebious by WNxPrecisionEvil
Promotional Interview - WNxToxicTin by WNxeuro

Signing Off:
I would like to take this chance to congratulate all the Ace Awards, very well deserved! Also I would like to say that everyone and everything in this Newsroom Outtake has been done by great people and I would like to have a round of applause for them! Also I would like to thank Zero for trusting in me to make this for the viewing of the nation! Thank you very much for reading and I do really hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

-Toxic =]

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

England WNxDavott
02-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Local Time: 12:38 PM
I'm a loser, DN owns
*Insert Witty Comment*
nice one toxic <3 good read

http://i54.tinypic.com/35jwd2s.jpg
WNxDavott & WNxFatality = Dream Team
WNxDarkNyte: Sure man, you can win if you want

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Unregistered
#
Good read man .

Warrior Nation

WNxLazy
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Unregistered
#
Nice one silly, ace reporter! repz0r

Warrior Nation

WNxG2Wolf
02-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Unregistered
#
Nice.

Warrior Nation

WNxOtama
02-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Unregistered
#
well done

Warrior Nation

WNxKamiKatZe
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Unregistered
#
awsome report guys
Thanks for sharing !

Warrior Nation

WNxDarKSN
02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Unregistered
#
Great report as always. Keep it up !

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxDarkNyte
02-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Local Time: 01:38 PM
good report

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United States WNxHawkeye
02-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Local Time: 07:38 AM
ITS GREEN!
Another great read. Keep up the great work CJ Department!

Warrior Nation

WNxEthiopian
02-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Unregistered
Great stuff :]

Warrior Nation

WNxMWDeez
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Unregistered
Nice work, Toxic. Keep up the good work.

Warrior Nation

WNxjoselito232
02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Unregistered
kool reading man!=]

Warrior Nation

WNxXKingMarcX
02-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Unregistered
great report
congrats to award winners

Warrior Nation

United States WNxJokazWild
02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Local Time: 07:38 AM
Combat Specimen
Living Legend
Good NRO this month. Nice job

-Jokaz-

Warrior Nation

WNxSerialkilla
02-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Unregistered
Good report and a good read

Keep it up

Warrior Nation

WNxeuro
02-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Unregistered
Good report Toxic..
Congratz again to the promotions..
Seen some nice interviews and reviews this month..

-euro

Primary: Xbox Division
Warrior Nation

Singapore WNxJurafalle
02-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Local Time: 07:38 PM
The Waffle Man
Uses Flamethrower!
*claps* Enjoy the read. Good issue by Toxic!

WNxJurafalle & WNxJĎNGŘ - Rock Band Buddies <3 | Twitch Channel!
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" - Henri Frederic Amiel

Warrior Nation

WNxKrypton
02-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Unregistered
Nice one, and gratz to the award winners.

Warrior Nation

WNxPrecisionEvil
02-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Unregistered
Nice read. Good points, bad points, but an excellent report. Thanks!