Thread: Clan Ventrilo Participation
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

WNxNyruu
01-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Unregistered
#
Important
Clan Ventrilo Participation
Hello fellow WNx'ers

Over the past few months, the departments and admins of WN have been making a concerted effort to have more of a presence on ventrilo to help support sections and to get to know the members better. It has reached a point where a good majority of us can be found at almost any hour of the day, and almost all departments are represented by at least one admin on it. We have also been establishing many sections on vent already that have become regulars now for a while.

Ventrilo is an invaluable resource for any gaming community. There is nothing like actually conversing through voice with your fellow gamers to build up friendly connections, and to have some very interesting conversations you normally would never have had. You really get to know a person after a while and it makes the gaming experience all the more enjoyable. I argue that you don't really know a WN member if you haven't actually talked to them on the phone or in voice comms.
I'm asking for all sections or members not using ventrilo to give a concerted effort of getting your section on, or at least you and a few members into it.
It's also a great way for you to get people playing your game you would have never gotten before because often times people will play or purchase a game they see a bunch of people playing on in ventrilo (I see this all the time).

For those of you that have your own ventrilo server
although we will not stop you from using them, it is recommended you make the switch over to the official server as there are benefits to it such as:
1) Quicker access to guild admin supports and department members
2) Greater chance of fellow WNx'ers hopping into your section to try out, and possibly start playing your game.
3) You don't have to pay for it (the money could better be spent helping to support the server upkeep costs of the WN forums).
4) It helps out Warrior Nation too because people can see how active many of our sections are by seeing the number of people on vent. This can help your cause out as well because people from other sections may join to not only play wit their primary, but stop by and play in your section as well.

If you have any questions or concerns about the switch over, feel free to contact me through any communications software I frequent.

Useful Information and Resources
Notes:
The vent is maintained through the generous hosting of WNxLucky (and others). To become registered, contact one of the server admin (those that have [SA] in front of their name). Please visit the Ventrilo website to keep track and download their latest client.

Connection Info:
Hostname or IP: VOICE-TX1.BRANZONE.COM
Port number: 3885

Restrictions Summary
:
Server Rules:
1) WN Laws and Policies carry over to this ventrilo
2) Guests can access any channel with "- GA" after it
3) Each section is to avoid making more than 2 channels if possible
4) Channels with user names are not allowed

Guest Policy:
Vent is set up so guests can now switch channels. It is however limited what channels they can switch to, to those under the main lobby header, as well as unsupported games.

For those who want guests to have access to a channel in a specific game:

1) right click the channel
2) "channel admin" ->
3) click "Edit..."
4) make sure the box is checked "allow guest account to join"
5) please add " - GA" after the channel name to indicate Guest Access (to avoid confusion)

note to SAs: please register members at all times if possible

Other Important Resources:
Setting Up Vent for Newbies
Troubleshooting Vent Issues
Server Admin Guide (admin access only)
Helpful Clan Discussion Sticky about the Vent Server

KiddPark's One Week Discussion About Voice Communications
KP has brought another of his points out today, and it coincidentally coincides with the general theme of this announcement (which is about vent for the slow ones ). I encourage everyone to stop in and give feedback because it helps us, the admins, to help you all. We want to see as many faces as possible on vent, so we need to see where you stand on vent in general.

Link to Clan Discussion Thread

Main Questions Raised
:
Quote:
should everyone in WNx be required to have some kind of voip software installed, and if so, should we try and persuade people to use the official WNx server for communication.
Quote:
Do you use the main vent, or do you prefer your private one for just your section, if so why? What could we do to make the main voip sever more attractive to your section?

Last edited by WNxNyruu; 01-14-2009 at 08:32 AM..

Warrior Nation

WNxG2Wolf
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Unregistered
#
Nice to see some initiative to fill the vent server, but what about Teamspeak?

Warrior Nation

WNxNyruu
01-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Unregistered
#
The vent server happens to be way more populated than the TS server at any given moment, and a good majority of admins can be found frequenting vent compared to TS. This is the way fate has dealt the cards so we are rolling with it instead of trying to force everyone over to TS, or splitting WN's numbers between 2 similar resources.

It is there if needed, but it would be best to limit who use it to only those who absolutely can't use vent.

Warrior Nation

WNxDelirium
01-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Unregistered
#
My experiences with both say that Vent is more user-friendly than TS anyway...
I tend to hop in the Vent server every now and again, but there's never really anyone I feel like talking to, so I hop right out again (and the MP Department channel's gone, bwahaha)...and the 200+ ping all the time gets a little annoying, but that can't be helped.

Still, will keep all that in mind, nice one posting this up Bob.

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

Isle of Man WNxClydez
01-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Old Skool
D2East has a private vent server ... but I will let the section know about WN's as well. I know some of us have used it on occasion.

Ask yourself what do you really believe, and what would you sacrifice for those beliefs? Now ask yourself again what do you really believe?

Warrior Nation

WNxTheNameisJamal
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Unregistered
#
Glad to see emphasis on this. I have always preferred Vent to TS.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxMunkey
01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Local Time: 06:39 AM
I have been using Vent almost daily for the past few weeks. Has come in handy. Hopefully more members begin to use it, it is a very useful tool.

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
01-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
I think having the WN vent is a valuable resource but at the same time i like having my own vent for my section.

People from WN still stop by our vent, we arent limited to having only 2 channels, and if your are someone who likes to have phoenetics on the high traffic of the WN vent can get annoying real fast.

Warrior Nation

WNxMP5HELL
01-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Unregistered
#
Vent FTW

I have been paying for au vent server for all most 2 years and i have only seen it full once
thats becouse Razor my FO had his (AU)WoW clan in there
Its not that hard to use if you need a channle with no event tts get and admin to take it off if you want a channle for low band width ppl ask for the codec to be changed

and if your ausie and want to speak with ppl who talk ausie join the AU server if your

and if you need help ask

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

Netherlands WNxThrawn
01-12-2009, 05:31 AM
Local Time: 01:39 PM
WoW Characters
Holy shit this thread rules, it made me clean my room in search for my mic. Downside; Mic hasn't been found! >_<

Found iet!

Last edited by WNxThrawn; 01-12-2009 at 08:05 AM..

Warrior Nation

WNxNapolean
01-12-2009, 06:29 AM
Unregistered
Yeah, I'd love to see more people on vent. It is way better than TS.

Warrior Nation

WNxToxicTin
01-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Unregistered
Our section has our own vent server because we are mostly (EU) And it is to prevent us having a high ping while playing CoD.

-Toxic

Warrior Nation

WNxTazman
01-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Unregistered
I'm gonna give this a try sounds like a lot of people like it
(Posted via Mobile Device)

Warrior Nation

WNxKiish
01-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Unregistered
I use it all the time even when i'm busy i just go in one of the lounges and sit down It's great to have fun and lighten up for fun to when funny members are on =D

Warrior Nation

WNxNyruu
01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
we arent limited to having only 2 channels
The recommended (but not limited number) is just having 2 sub channels to your main channel, but why would you need more than that for dystopia or DoD anyway?

Warrior Nation

WNxÁngelCaido
01-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Unregistered
Discussed this with the sectional leadership and we'll try, though don't want to take too much off our payed ventrilo.

Warrior Nation

WNxSpikeMaster
01-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Unregistered
it looks like a good thing to be focusing on good job everyone!!!

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxFatality
01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Local Time: 12:39 PM
The CoDFather
aka FatalEnigma
T'is always an option of we can no longer pay for our vent, but i do find a lot of difference between 120-25 ping.

| VAT | Sgt Major | BO Captain | CJ | Major x2 | Editor x2 | FO Captain x3 | Game Champion | Recon Captain | Recon Colonel

Warrior Nation

Spain WNxCJL9788
01-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Local Time: 12:39 PM
El Niño
I find myself on Vent every day for one reason or another. It's always nicer to speak to people.

[17:18] WNxPhoenix: go masturbate if I'm disturbing you! || WNxnomis: If we play granary I will shit in someone's mouth || WNxSpamDiggity: btw you just caught me jacking off
Twitch Stream || Youtube Channel

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
01-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Unregistered
I've been going on vent more and more myself lately...

*plug time* Right, I've now got a channel set up in BO, so anyone with any Bo related questions can drop in and ask me anything . There's no pass, so feel free .