Thread: Combat Journalist's Newsroom Outtakes #5 - December 2008
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxFatality
12-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Local Time: 04:37 AM
The CoDFather
aka FatalEnigma
CJ News
Combat Journalist's Newsroom Outtakes #5 - December 2008
Click the image to open in full size.
December 2008
Credits go to WNxFatality with a helping hand from WNxFallenAngel

Letter From the Writer:
Well, although many of you may find it hard to believe, we are approaching the end of another year, as recent as it may seem that you heard this last year. For some of you it could be a year to remember because of some unusual or exciting event which took place, or maybe it was a hard year for you because of certain school events which occurred and maybe for some it will just creep past with no real entry for your memory book. Although I can not properly reflect on the past year for the CJD as a whole, with only being in the job for around half the time, from what I have experienced so far, it would be enough to call this an eventful year for this department. With one of the biggest changes being the redesign of an Editor's roles and responsibilities, it is difficult to comment on whether this change had any benefit to the Newsroom, but so far there seems to be more pros than cons. With Christmas only just been and gone, and the entire CJD put off mince pies for life from over consumption, I hope all you readers are having or have had a very merry Christmas and I wish you a happy new year. I will now present you with the last thread, comprised of every last detail about this department over the last month, of 2008. Enjoy .

The monthly award

Ace Award
Awarded to CJs that perform their job far above average. Writing excellent reports, interviews,
creative pieces or game guides such as the work on histories or reviews can be issue reasons. Helping and improving
other members' work is also specially recognized by this award.

WNxKaiser - Call of Duty 4 (NA) & Interviews

Quote:
Always working his rear off to complete interviewing and sectional CJ jobs was Kaiser. Kaiser was always dedicated to his work in Interview, showing enthusiasm that Interviewers and other CJs should have. His completed interviews were great and a fun read. He left the Interview Crew but showing great effort in his interview, I would like to present him the Ace Reporter award.(~WNxHusky)
WNxToxicTin - Call of Duty: United Offensive (EU)

Quote:
Toxic is a great Combat Journalist to work with, he never disappoints, has a great attitude and is a quick worker. During his time in the Combat Journalist Department he has consistently produced great pieces of writing. He regularly does interviews for the section and works very thoroughly on his writing. Any report he does will be planned out and even with expand tags it is a hugely detailed report. He puts a lot of effort and commitment into being sectional CJ, so he deserves something back! (~WNxFallenAngel)
WNxTiger - Guild Wars Series

Quote:
Tiger is simply an amazing CJ that any Instructor would wish for. She always signs rollcall without needing a reminder and I can rely on her to produce a "featured-worthy" report every time. She has been through many busy times where many people would have considered resigning including herself at one point, but she always keeps her head up and the next week pops a report into the correction box which is sure to grab the attention of readers in the Weekly Warrior. It makes my job so much easier only having to send one reminder PM per week and have someone I can easily contact on Xfire or PM if the need be, which so far hasn't been needed because she does her job so well. Guild wars is a very active and busy section, and she does a great job at summarising the many events that occur there all with plenty of eye candy to keep the reader entertained. It is a pleasure to have her as one of my Cjs and I think she thoroughly deserves this award yet again! (~WNxFatality)
After none of the nation's combat journalists received this award last month, it is great to end the year with the award being placed onto multiple member profiles. These particular members have been keeping up to date with all that their rank requires of them, and even surpassing it. They strive to be the best that they can in the role, and their attitude and motivation is one to be admired and replicated by other combat journalists. They thoroughly deserve the award and a spot in this month's outtake thread and the department is very proud of you three, as without you, the department would cease to exist as the amazing place we know it as today.

Fresh meat!
I swear that these working spaces in the department are of very durable characteristics, as not once have they had to be changed throughout the course of the year after catering for so many new productions of English vocabulary, each from many different combat journalists. As per usual, this month we welcome more new faces into the department and hope that they have a long and enjoyable future here.

WNxBlueMoon - Combat Arms (NA)
WNxcominbk2life - Warcraft 3 Europe
WNxDadZilla - Diablo 2 Europe
WNxLordGene - Project Powder
WNxMWDeez - Historian
WNxRinzark - Dystopia
WNxVicious Bunny - Historian

Welcome to the CJD you lot and don't go near Nubbly's office, unless he gives you the key to unlock the protective bear traps.

The leavers
Considering the CJD is such an awesome place, we don't tend to get very many people leaving or at least many names featuring on these threads every month. (If more leave than we gain, the extras are hidden in Deez's closet, but your not supposed to know that.)

WNxSw33tie - Historian

Farewell fellow slaves, I mean CJs! May everything you do be fruitful whether it be within the WN gaming community or elsewhere.

Bah Humbug!
Ol' scroogey Zero-Hero had a sudden vision (no not of sexy Santas) of good will and joy. He had been visited by the 3 ghosts of the CJD, stress, cramp and the insane one and had reached the conclusion that he should reward the department in some way. Many a night he scribbled down ideas, thinking of ludicrous inventions or gifts...but it'd cost too much. So, he thought of the one thing he could simply do to take away the ghosts and ghouls and bring a festive touch.

"Alright you lazy bunch, you can have the Xmas week off. But be back for work sharp!" howled Zero from his plush office.

Well, we'll settle for a week off. It also costs Zero nothing.

The Old Book of the Most Powerful Knowledge & Information Is Resurrected Thanks to Recent Updates!
Yep, as bluntly as the title may put it, the LRC got updated. The LRC aka "The Leadership Resource Centre" is a little part of this website containing a large amount of information on many of the ranks included in this community. From the proper way to create a forum to an explanation of the US child laws, this place is crammed with information but unfortunately, as it is classed as confidential, I can't even tell you the first sentence in there. None the less, it has taken many tiring months for the department superhero also known as Zero Hero to update the combat journalist section with all the up-to-date information required, due to all the recent changes that have happened here. If you are a combat journalist please make sure to read it and it appears Zero will be keeping his cape and skin tight suit for some time to come .

This Month's P/Reviews and Interviews:
Now let me pass the spotlight over to this month's P/Reviews and Interviews. There have been some good quality works coming out of these departments, after much checking and make up being slapped on, they go out for the enjoyment of WN. They definitely deserve their time in the spotlight.

P/Reviews

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut by WNxMaulMachine

Interviews

Interview - WNxDirts by WNxMWDeez
Interview - WNxHelios by WNxFrantic
Interview - WNxVicious Bunny by WNxMWDeez
Medal of Declaration Interview - WNxFatality by WNxToxicTin
Promotional Interview - WNxBattle4urlife by WNxHusky
Promotional Interview - WNxDarkAngel by WNxHusky

Signing Off:
And........EXHALE! (Just like last edition except with a lot more feeling.)

With the end of this outtake, this marks the end of the series for this year and I hope many of you have enjoyed hearing about all the weird goings on inside the CJD over the past 12 months. With myself only providing 2 of these, it sure has been entertaining and I am sure you will be seeing another from me sometime in the next year. It has been a pleasure to present you with my second issue and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed making it . And I almost forgot ( I didn't really, just thought it was a good point to end on), have a very good Christmas break and a prosperous new year!

| VAT | Sgt Major | BO Captain | CJ | Major x2 | Editor x2 | FO Captain x3 | Game Champion | Recon Captain | Recon Colonel

Warrior Nation

WNxThundrstruckk
12-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Unregistered
#
Great reports n stuff, keep it up.

Warrior Nation

WNxToxicTin
12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Unregistered
#
Nice Report! <3

-Toxic

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United States WNxHawkeye
12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Local Time: 11:37 PM
ITS GREEN!
Great stuff CJ Department. Keep it up!

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
12-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Unregistered
#
Go us!

Why is Deez listed as a newcomer -.-.

Warrior Nation

WNxKiish
12-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Unregistered
#
Good job guys & gratz on promo's!

You lot make writing fun

Warrior Nation

WNxDarKSN
12-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Unregistered
#
Great report guys!
Keep it up

-DarKSNNN

Warrior Nation

WNxOtama
12-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Unregistered
#
Great reports yet again!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Warrior Nation

WNxSnoop
12-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Unregistered
#
Great reports keep it up yo

Warrior Nation

Norway WNxMarkus
12-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Honorable Discharge
RoySmithers Fanclub
great reports! keep them rolin'

Warrior Nation

WNxG2Wolf
12-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Unregistered
Great reports

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

England WNxDavott
12-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm a loser, DN owns
*Insert Witty Comment*
sweet fatal Enjoyed that

http://i54.tinypic.com/35jwd2s.jpg
WNxDavott & WNxFatality = Dream Team
WNxDarkNyte: Sure man, you can win if you want

Warrior Nation

Spain WNxCJL9788
12-26-2008, 06:40 PM
El Nio
Good stuff, as always.

[17:18] WNxPhoenix: go masturbate if I'm disturbing you! || WNxnomis: If we play granary I will shit in someone's mouth || WNxSpamDiggity: btw you just caught me jacking off
Twitch Stream || Youtube Channel

Warrior Nation

WNxNapolean
12-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Unregistered
Nice report! Love it .

Warrior Nation

WNxMeds
12-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Unregistered
Great report, keep up the good work

Warrior Nation

WNxeuro
12-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Unregistered
Nice job there Fatality!
Congratz to promotions!
and special congratz to the 3 ace reporters!

Cheers,
-euro

Warrior Nation

WNxSnuggles
12-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Unregistered
Nice report as always!!!

Warrior Nation

WNxfrantic
12-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Unregistered
hehe nice report. Once again well done Toxic on the awrd and every1 else well done once again! nice report looks great as always

Warrior Nation

United States WNxJNG
12-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Good read.
Good job everyone!

WNxJNG & WNxJurafalle - Rock Band Buddies <3

Warrior Nation

WNxAragorn
12-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Unregistered
Excellent job! Really enjoyed reading it.