Thread: Combat Journalist's Newsroom Outtakes #2 - September 2008
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxNubblyBubbly
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Local Time: 08:06 PM
Combat Journalist's Newsroom Outtakes #2 - September 2008
Click the image to open in full size.
September 2008

Letter From the Writer:

Credit goes not to me, but to WNxSquealer and WNxFrozenPast. If I missed someone please let me know.

Another month has passed, the autumn has started on one side of the world, while on the other spring began. Minors have had their holidays and are going back to school. It's a hard time for all of us, but, never the less, the crew from the Paper Palace didn't let the clan down. Instead, they've delivered 4 new metro's, 4 p/reviews, 1 interview and carefully cherished their histories. Though, just like a computer, it won't work forever and it needs new input time after time, and we do that with 14 new Journalists! Though, we still have heck of a lot of spots open. If you think that YOU can be a CJ yourself, look here for an open spot and, if you've found one you can apply for, apply here!

While I was working on this issue it caught my eye that it's actually a small report, and I refuse to do a lot of work to deliver just a small bit, so anything that I know about which has happened is in here. That's the good news, the bad news is that your common host vanished, but she'll be back next month. For now, have fun reading!

The monthly award
Oh yes, what would a department be without monthly awards! The BO department has it's Report of the Month, and game sections have the famous MotM. The CJD never stayed behind and has the ....

Ace Award
Awarded to CJs that perform their job far above average. Writing excellent reports, interviews,
creative pieces or game guides such as the work on histories or reviews can be issue reasons. Helping and improving
other members' work is also specially recognized by this award.

WNxPhil422343 - Runescape
WNxPhil422343 is a who member signs Roll Call every week and on time, that alone shows how much he is commited to being a CJ. He produces many excellent and rewarding reports for his section, and on top of that he achieved his first featured report in Metro #50 which was well deserved. His reports are both entertaining and interesting to read. He is a credit to his section and the CJD as a CJ and I couldn't have asked for a better Combat Journalist when I was promoted to Editor.(~WNxLord)

WNxHusky - Interviews
Husky has been a tremendous contributor to the Interviews Crew, he has recently released quite a number of interviews in his two months in the department, he always wears a positive attitude in his work, and never fails to strive for the best. I would wish to award this wonderful talent of an interviewer to WNxHusky. (~WNxFrozenPast)

WNxoDiS - Rappelz
WNxoDiS has been submitting great reports ever since he joined up as CJ for Rappelz. His reports are detailed and highly informative. He always seems to make news happen, and not wait for something to write about. He received the featured report a number of times, and is still on the top of his game. He is an asset to his section, and they all should be proud of him.(~WNxJokazWild)

Looking back
This all leaves us with one more reward to be given out by the CJD. So without further ado, congratulate...

WNxAthanatosX - Project Powder

Review of the Month
Review of the month is given out to those who write and submit star quality game reviews.

Congratulations to all that have won a medal! You've shown that you're the best at this point in time and that no one was able to beat you! Though, remember that it can be different next month.

OK, I'm done here, on to the next part.

Fresh meat!
Every department needs them. In our department they're (skilled) writers who aren't afraid of revealing every single detail, and they all do that in the world of Journalism.

WNxPatchaxx - Battle for Middle-Earth II
WNxShasoKais - C&C3 Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wraths
WNxSour Dough - Counter Strike: Source (AU)
WNxZebster - Diablo 2 East
WNxHeaper - Dungeons & Dragons Online
WNxNinjaBane - Dystopia
WNxvor928 - Historian
WNxCJL9788 - Historian
WNxAim - Historian
WNxEnigma - Historian & Warhammer 40k: DoW
WNx orange - Interviews
WNxEcliptix - OGame
WNxV1per - Warcraft III East
WNxSinister - Warcraft III EU

Improvements
Well, the CJD isn't an autocracy, and to keep that idea out of all our minds, the CJ's were asked fill out some questions, with the classic and disputable question: "Which are better, Milkshakes or Cupcakes?" (Bananas, of course!). With all their responses, suggestions, ideas, comments and cookies that they've given the Editors and HCJ's the opportunity to improve the Department so the quantity of work goes down, while the quality stays the same or even goes up!

Some of the steps to give the CJ's a better job have started. To start with is that the guides are being updated, new parts added and superfluous parts deleted. One part, about the creative writing, isn't necessary any more for journalists, and that guide is now a sticky in the Creative Writing sub-forum. Click here to see the guide yourself!

An additional change, which isn't related to the survey, is that the Saga of Warrior Nation has received a new sub-forum. The sub-forum is called "Global Histories", and its content is exactly what it's description says: "Only for non-Section Histories". So you now have the sectional and non-sectional histories separated from one another. The goal from this action: to give people the chance of getting to the history they're looking for quicker.

Remember that every section has his history in there, and every department too. Go and have a look, and perhaps you'll find out stuff you wish you knew before!

This Month's P/Reviews and Interviews:
Here is a list of all of the p/reviews and interviews written this month. Not as much as last month, but we're still proud of what they've delivered.

P/Reviews
Review - Bioshock by WNxZiggurat
Review - Guild Wars (A retrospect) by WNxJoshStargun
Preview - Project Powder by WNxAthanatosX
Preview - Saboteur by WNxSaltyMcSushi

Interviews
Lt. General Candidate Interview - WNxKiddPark by WNxHusky

Signing Off:
So yeah, you've read about all the good, bad and useless things that came from the Newsroom in the past month. Unfortunately there are just two things left for me to do, and those are 1; to write my name under this text and 2; to thank you for reading this and hopefully stay tuned for the next out-take!

~Squealer

Most people respect the badge. Everyone respects the gun.

Warrior Nation

WNxPhil
10-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Unregistered
#
Another good Outtakes for the month, congratulations to all members who either got promoted or received a medal this month, keep up the good work!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxRoses
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Local Time: 10:06 PM
AKA Daisy
Nice report guys.

More info than I thought this thing would have.

Warrior Nation

WNxThundrstruckk
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Unregistered
#
Wooooooo go Phil! Nice report.

Warrior Nation

WNxDesperado
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Unregistered
#
Gratz to all !!!

Well deserved, i'm sure...

But oDiS, i'm especially proud of you, since you make our section ( Rappelz ) look even shinier than it is already !! ^^

Two thumbz up !!

Warrior Nation

Canada WNx Gunblade
10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Honorable Discharge
Forza Italia
<3 Brunettes
great reports guys

Warrior Nation

United States WNxJokazWild
10-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Combat Specimen
Living Legend
Good Job ace winners

-Jokaz-

Warrior Nation

WNxMeds
10-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Unregistered
#
grats to those who got the ace awards for their reports , and grats to those who got promo'd espiecially Sour Dough cause ur in CSS AU

Warrior Nation

WNxAiki
10-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Unregistered
#
big gratz to Odis!

Warrior Nation

WNxElitez
10-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Unregistered
Nice report mate, yo grats phill done well

WNxElitez

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

England WNxDavott
10-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Local Time: 03:06 AM
I'm a loser, DN owns
*Insert Witty Comment*
and 3 ~ eat cookies.

Nice report SQ and FP

http://i54.tinypic.com/35jwd2s.jpg
WNxDavott & WNxFatality = Dream Team
WNxDarkNyte: Sure man, you can win if you want

Warrior Nation

Spain WNxCJL9788
10-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Local Time: 03:06 AM
El Niņo
I'm mentioned!

Congrats on the awards guys.

[17:18] WNxPhoenix: go masturbate if I'm disturbing you! || WNxnomis: If we play granary I will shit in someone's mouth || WNxSpamDiggity: btw you just caught me jacking off
Twitch Stream || Youtube Channel

Warrior Nation

Germany WNxJanitor
10-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Local Time: 04:06 AM
WoW Characters
CSS God
Nice reports.

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
10-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Unregistered
Nice report guys .

Warrior Nation

WNxBlackfearair
10-03-2008, 02:34 AM
Unregistered
Nice outtake Nub!

Warrior Nation

WNxDelirium
10-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Unregistered
Great reports all, way to get another kickass bulletin going strong.

Warrior Nation

Norway WNxMarkus
10-03-2008, 04:16 AM
Local Time: 04:06 AM
Honorable Discharge
RoySmithers Fanclub
Great reports guys

Warrior Nation

WNxSerenity
10-03-2008, 04:25 AM
Unregistered
Yay, thanks guys! This report is awesome!

Hopefully I'll have the time to do it next month.

+Reps

-:Kastielle

Warrior Nation

WnxImmortalist
10-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Unregistered
nice one

Warrior Nation

WNxTazman
10-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Unregistered
nice reports +rep