Thread: Warrior Nation Metro - Issue #39 - July 6th 2008
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
07-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Unregistered
#
CJ News
Warrior Nation Metro - Issue #39 - July 6th 2008
Click the image to open in full size.
Warrior Nation Metro - Issue 39 - July 6th 2008

Letter from the editor:
Well, finally I have been allowed to publish the metro, and hope that this week is a good read for you. Howerver, a lot of things have happened over the last week, and I have a message for you. It's been tough to be in WN recently, but it's deffinatley getting easier now. A lot of people have been Discharged from the clan, a lot of well known and well loved people. This itself has caused a lot of strife, but I can see that it is starting to settle down now. We have all lost friends, people we love, and people we know. Unfortunatley, what happened needed to be done, for the good of the clan. I can see that a lot of you guys are now starting to realise that and I hope that the reactions to recent events have now all stopped. I love you all and I am glad to do this weeks metro. There are some interesting reports including some news coming from the Combat Journalist Department. Have a great week everyone and remember, your primary members love you for what you do to the section and they care for you. Please remember that. - Metro Editor WNxStep07mar

Index

Global Awards included:

1. Ace Awards

Promotions included:

1. Lieutenant General
2. Major General
3. Brigadier General
4. Colonel
5. Battle Operations Commissioner
6. Grand Master & Major
7. Field Operations Honor Guard & Captain
8. Battle Operations Honor Guard & Captain
9. Combat Journalists

Departments included:

1. Combat Journalist

Sections included:

1. Battle for Middle Earth II - WNxAragorn
2. Dystopia - WNxTiger - FEATURED!
3. C&C Renegade - WNxm0use
4. Call of Duty 4 (PS3) - WNxLord
5. Counter-Strike Source (EU) - WNxManihaX
6. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) - WNxCookie
7. Guild Wars - WNxTiger
8. Halo 3 Xbox 360 - WNxEcho
9. WolfTeam - WNx DDGotShot

Last edited by WNxMWDeez; 07-06-2008 at 04:55 PM..

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Unregistered
#
Global Awards

WNxInoka
He has constantly detailed and up to date histories, and has infact not only kept on updating his own, he has started to help other people, and is now a great help to everybody in the shack. He is active, hands in status reports on time, and has just taken up additional duties as a sectional CJ, on top of his recent appointment of MP as well! This member really is a model Combat Journalist. (~WnxStep07mar)

WNxAragorn
This member has served a long tenure in the CJD. His reports grab your attention each week that they are submitted (which, for the last 2 months, has been EVERY week), and his interviews are top notch. This member is a great example for all CJs, and it is for these reasons that WNxAragorn receives an Ace Award this month. (~WNxMWDeez)

WNxFrozenPast
He has always been an outstanding Combat Journalist since the first day he stepped through those CJD doors. From being a sectional CJ in the Wolfteam section to writing interviews in the newly formed interview team, he has done a damn fine job. He is always willing to help out in anyway possible. Even in the Correction Box, he shows off his writing skills correcting several other reports. It is my honor to present an AA to this member. (~WNxNubblyBubbly)

Promotions

WNxKapitanTurtle

Please read this special interview about your new 3 Star LT General WNxKapitanTurtle.
Promotional Interview- WNxKapitanTurtle by WNxMWDeez

WNxDickJohnson

WNxShisno

WNxZero Devil

WNxZero-Hero

WNxMWDeez
Also Introducing a Promotional Interview for WNxMWDeez. Your new Head Combat Journalist.
Promotional Interview: WNxMWDeez by WNxFrozenPast

WNxKevin102

WNxKiTtY

WnxDeathRogue - RPG
WNxStep07mar - RPG

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

WNxSandmaster - Albatross18
WNxSquealer - Call of Duty 2 (EU)
WNxJalapenoPoppers - Counter-Strike Source (NA)
WNxDarkAngel - Unreal Tournament 3
WNxandrew2 - War Rock (EU)
WNxKira - WoW Horde NA PvP - Anub'arak

WNxFlashBack - Call of Duty 2 (EU)
WNxAlmost - Call of Duty 4 (EU)
WNxGStenroos - Call of Duty 4 Xbox360
WNxStealth - Counter-Strike Source (NA)
WNxDropkikkmarc71 - Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
WNxGeneralcooper - Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
WNxBluemoon - Soldier Front
WNxVandrakken - Team Fortress 2

WNxInfest - Counter-Strike Source (EU)
WNxKrystal - Halo (AU/EU)
WNxddrfr33k - Holic Online
WNxBen Saints Row - Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Xbox 360)

WNxZigge - Call of Duty 4 (EU)
WNxManihax - Counterstrike : Source (EU) 40k
WNxZigge - Creative Works
WNxthe pez - Warhammer 40k
WNx DDGotshot - Wolfteam

Department News

Combat Journalist

Creative Writing Journalist Department Shutting Down

After some tough thinking, the combat journalist department decided to remove the combat journalist ranks from the creative writing forums. The head journalists decided that it would be best to remove them due to lack of activity and lack of applications to keep the team rolling. This doesn't mean that we are going to be removing the forum. We decided to keep the forum up since the forum was more based towards regular member creative writing. A lot of journalists were upset because of this but the Department had no other choice to drop the Combat Journalists. They were offered to stay in the Combat Journalist department and were placed to different departments as needed. Someday we will bring back the combat journalist structure for creative writing when enough people show more interests towards the structure and we will open Creative Writing Applications again. With the current situation with everyone leaving Warrior Nation, It was suit best for not just the Elite Journalist team but the department in whole. This would be a wise move since the department itself lost 2 great elite journalists.

Elite Journalist Rotation

WNxNubblyBubbly had to make a quick decision to see who can cover the current genre teams that lost their Elite Journalists. WNxJokasWild was moved over to Team 2 of the RTS Group and WNxLordGene was Promoted to Team 1 of the RPG Section. WNxDruscilla was transferred from Creative Writing to Take over WNxLordGene's Spot for Team 2 of the RPG sections. The Journalist Department hopes that these switches will be able to handle the current shortages of elite journalists until new ones are chosen. Please Congratulate them on taking the offer of looking over for these section teams.

Elite Journalist Applications are open for Group 1 of the RTS Team and for the Preview/Review Team.

With the department losing 2 Elite Journalists, it made 2 spots opened up for the RTS #1 and for the preview/review teams. Applications are now open for review so may the best journalist win!

Featured Report

Dystopia

Intercompetition announced

On Tuesday, July 1st, Major Awp666 announced the intercompetition which the section also held in the past, a 4 vs 4 ladder.

Rules and points are as follow:

1) You will be able to choose your members. Send a list of the members you want in your team to Ninja/JoJo/Kluas. This is to hopefully simulate a real scrim team being able to pick the members of your team that you trust, know you can play with, know the playstyles of, and work well with.
2) 4 vs 4 will be limited to certain maps. For sure Infect, Fusion, Tower, Cybernetic will be part of it, a Poll will go up shortly to choose the maps. This is to get you ready for V1.2 thinking about gameplay for these maps.
Many new people will come into the game in V1.2 and think up something completely new for gameplay.

3) Ladder time limit is 1 month. Winner will be determined by most points. Last condition is to make people play by the peer pressure of their teammates.

Win - (+3 pt)
Draw - (+2 pt)
Loss - (+1 pt)

Playing without an assigned-member - (-1 pt)

More information will follow after we have at least 4 full teams.

Thread:http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=431410

Promotions, Promotions and of course promotions

As usual, the section ended up in the top 10 ranking after rollcall ended. Dystopia is in the top 10 ten for a while now, and is slowly climbing to the top.

The promotion thread has been posted on the 3rd of July, and below you'll see the 9 lucky members who received a promotion this month.

Click the image to open in full size. TO Click the image to open in full size.

WNxDolomite

WNxCaptSugarTittie

WNxPada
WNxDonkeyHeaded
WNxOsa

WNxKhan
WNxDarkFalcon
WNxKillerFry
WNxUsefulId1ot

Congrats everyone and keep up the good work

Thread:http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=432446

Captain Kluas made new friends

First of all I would like to say that I really love you Kluas, but the post about your new friends just had to be
added in the Metro, so I hope you won't kill me....yet

On Wednesday, July 2nd, the section's most huggable captain posted a fun story about what happened to him in real life
after having lack of sleep or was it just a night mare? Up to you to check out the link below and read the story, you won't
be dissapointed I promisse you that

Most of the section members posted a reply, but you better make sure to read the tips and directions Donkeyheaded is giving out,
they might come in useful one day.

Thread:http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=431816

Happy Donkey Day

On Friday, June 27th, our lovely donkey celebrated his birtday.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Congrats again Donkey and I hope you had a good one.

Thread:http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=429427

Dystopia and their way to teach newbies how to play the game

As mentioned in the previous metro, the section has their own dystopia website, including administrators and moderators.
When I asked the Major why they have the website, he gave me the following answer:

"Originally the idea for the website was from HorrorOfYid, however we, as in Donkeyheaded, Osa and myself, worked it out ourselves", Awp said.
Donkeyheaded is responsible for the layout of the website, Osa is hosting the forums on his own server, I'm the master spammer, and last but not least, WNxLucky designed the ranks on the site.

"So the site is basicly for the training matters and server issues?", Tiger asked. " yea, we have a server called the training construct,
and these forums go along with the training construct so we can teach noobs how to play the game since the learning curve is really steep in dystopia", Awp answered.

Just check out the Dystopia Game information post in our forum part. It contains a lot of useful information about how to get started, system information, downloads, in game information, and much more.

You can always ask any section member more about the game, they are more then willing to help out where and when needed.

Thread:http://www.wnxdystopia.com/forums/ , http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=271690

Dystopia for beginners

A lot of the section members have made in game movies, or tutorials, about how to play the game.

This week, I'll post one made by WNxKluas, he made several movies but I only pick one since I can't post them all.

Dystopia: WNxTiger

Reports

Battle for Middle Earth II

Click the image to open in full size. Screenshot Of The Week Winner #11 and #12

In the past two weeks, we had just one SOTW winner, and that is WNxCollon!

His first winning screenshot was designated two weeks ago. The theme of that week was: "A trip". Here it is:

(Click to view full size)

You can see a great army of the Elves and their leaders, having a chat with Aragorn. Here you can find all the screenshots and the stories.

This week's winner is again WNxCollon. With the theme: "Party", the majority decided that Collon's screenshot fits best.

(Click to view full size)

With not too many screenshots participating, you can see the other one here.

Congratulations on your double SOTW win Collon, and good luck next time, when you might get a cup!

Click the image to open in full size. Replay Of The Week Winner On GameReplays.org

It's a great pleasure for me to announce to you that WNxDwelf's replay was the best on GameReplays.org this week. An amazing game with an interesting review.
Not much to say, just congratulations Dwelf, and keep up the good work!
Thanks for placing the "WNx" tag on the winners' side down there.

Click the image to open in full size. 1v1 Tournament

As we finished the 'Battle of the Titans' RTS Tournament on the 2nd place, our officers crew had to run a 1v1 internal tournament. The winner will receive the 50$ Medal of Generosity and the runner up the 25$ Medal of Generosity. The first round (round of 16) is already in progress. The rules are standard: 1v1 elimination, best player out of 3 games. Further information will be brought when the tournament reaches the final stages.

Click the image to open in full size. Welcome...

A week can't be full without a couple of recruits, so here they are! I'm glad to welcome to the Nation WNxHobo (recruited by WNxPatchaxx), WNxhunterx (recruited by WNxPatchaxx) and WNxTurin (recruited by WNxWalkingOwnage).

They are all nice guys, and we hope they'll enjoy their time here!

Click the image to open in full size. Give Him 'The Hammer'!

And yes, finally the new sheriff has been chosen. The one that will take care of our forum in the future is...

WNxTemplars1102

He was the best man for this job and we are all sure that he will do a great job in keeping our forum clean.

Congratulations on your promotion, Templars, and have fun with 'The Hammer'!

Click the image to open in full size.ACE Reporter

Quote:

Quote:

WNxAragorn

This member has served a long tenure in the CJD. His reports grab your attention each week that they are submitted (which, for the last 2 months, has been EVERY week), and his interviews are top notch. This member is a great example for all CJs, and it is for these reasons that WNxAragorn receives an Ace Award this month. (~WNxMWDeez)

Click the image to open in full size. Recent Changes

As the activity was not in its best mood, our officers crew decided that it's time for some changes. After they had seen the members' opinions, these are the things that were changed:

Gamenight Instead of having four gamenights a week and a little amount of players joining, we will have just two gamenights a week: 7 PM GMT at Wednesdays and 8 PM GMT at Saturdays (unless changes will be needed). Our purpose at gamenights will remain the same: have fun!

Training nights: For the first time in our section's history we will have nights organized for training only. We will have one training night a week and we will have a poll for each one. It's easy: two good players will be observing the other's game, and at the end they will give them advices about how to improve their game play.

This week focused on stance usage.

The most active section's player award: Instead of designating the most active member on ClanWars, since now it will be awarded the one that really is the most active player in the section: "Attend gamenights, training nights, play CW and smacks, also you might want to do some recruiting."

It will be awarded twice a month: "It will start at 1st July and finish at the 15th, then start on the 16th again to finish at the end of month and so on."

Monthly Improvement Report: "It will be announced at the end of every month, we will start to have a look at the members' achievements since 1st of next month. Awards will be pretty much the same as those you can get for being the most active player."

WNxAragorn - Battle for Middle earth 2

C&C Renegade

Click the image to open in full size. Extra server

Lycan and one of his Renegade friends had some good news for the Renegade section last Thursday! He was able to set up a brand new server for us to play trainings on, clanwars or just having fun. It's a 16 player sniper server, in which you can only buy 500 credits snipers. Reload will be on as well, so that's good news for the sniper fans out there! This also means that we now have two WN servers, one for AOW and one for snipe. If you're a fan of sniping, check out his server once it's stable, I'm sure it's good fun!

Click the image to open in full size. GDI Saga #1

Last week, WNxZilverstar provided us with an entertaining story, created and based on adventures from the Renegade Section of Warrior Nation. It's certainly worth the read, as it's a fun story. TJ certainly is creative! You can read it below, just click on the + to expand.

GDI Saga #1 Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
~ Bern, Switserland - 20.00 hours Zulu Time - Jan 1st, 2073 - Carre Valley ~

The sun was going down over the mountains, several birds shouted in the air. The night was coming, companied by a cold north-east wind. A small force of GDI Forces was hiding in the Carre Valley. With limited ammo supply, no communications, and half of the combat stuff, they hid for NOD snipers in the area. It was the Fox 1 unit under the command of Major WNxM3. While moving in action, they were shot down by NOD anti-aircraft over Switzerland. 172 miles from the original drop zone. How could this happen....

Colonel WNxm0use, Major WNxM3 & Captain FO WNxGorbi had a quick conversation about their situation. This Is F*cked, said Captain FO WNxGorbi. 172 miles from our drop zone, 172 miles! OMG! Jups, said Colonel WNxm0use, It's going to be a long walk. He tried to stay positive, but happiness was far away. MP WNxKenny joined the club. And Kenny, how is the situation of Captain BO WNxBowzzz, asked Major WNxM3. Not that good sir, he is to heavily injured and needs to be evacuated asap! Also, he is no longer capable to do his job, I'm afraid you need to look for a new Captain BO. G*dda*mned shouted Major WNxM3. Anyway, I will select the new Captain BO soon, but not now. I got other fish to fry, to keep my men alive. Colonel WNxm0use layed a half-burned map on the ground. With a big sail over them, they get the own flashlights to view the area. Look, he said. If we cross the point true the valley, we can easy reach Italy without further problems. Possible, said Captain WNxGorbi, but we still need to watch for NOD Snipers. How the hell does NOD know our flying route?? I have no clue, but It looks like an ambush to me, said Colonel WNxm0use. Millions of flying routes, enough troop transportations, and we're the only ones that get shot down.... And, he said, nevertheless, a squad of NOD snipers immediately on the right place in the mountains... Hmmmz, said Major WNxM3. MP WNxKenny, get Sergeant Majors WNxBoMbZu & WNxKain, we need them with our final planning before we go! Roger sir, and MP WNxKenny walked away into the dark night...........

~ GDI's Europe Central Command Headquarters - London, England - Jan 1st, 2073 - 20.15 hours Zulu Time ~

It was 15 minutes ago, since they lost contact with Fox 1 Unit. Major General WNxTilly & Brigadier General WNxTiger looked at the radar screen still wondering what happened. I cannot believe this, said Major General WNxTilly. How could they get shot down! That area was a green zone! Recon squads in the area reported no NOD activities. He walked back to the coffee can. Brigadier General WNxTiger had a difficult look on her face. With her finger tikking on the desk, she looked at WNxTilly. Who else knew about this operation? You, me, Colonel WNxPhaze & the communications officer. Or NOD Intelligence intercepted our message... Hell No! said Major General WNxTilly. That message was encrypted on level 5. NOD Intelligence may be smart, but they are too stupid to decipher this level. Brigadier General WNxTiger continued: or NOD has a spy inside the central headquaters. For a moment, the silence was everywhere................

~ Bern, Switserland - 20.30 hours Zulu Time - Jan 1st, 2073 - Carre Valley ~

Sergeant Major WNxKain walked to the troops. Listen up Faggots, he shouted. We're going to have a nice walk. So get you're gear, leave you're winkie alone, keep your mouth shut and get ready for some action! Sergeant Major WNxBoMbZu will soon give you the details how we're going to go! Do you get me? All replied: Sir Yes sir! Sergeant major WNxBoMbZu joined the club. Troops, listen up, We're going to walk as recon patrol. First a scouter, then 2 by 2. Sergeant WNxZilverstar, you're the one selected to walk as scouter. You walk 1st! 10-4 Sir, shouted Sergeant WNxZilverstar. 2nd & 3rd: Staff Sergeant WNxGhost & Sergeant Major WNxKain! You 2 walk behind Sergeant WNxZilverstar his ass with a distance from 30 meters! 4th & 5th: Corporal WNxVucke & Sergeant WNxKill. You're distance is 10 meters behind numbers 2 & 3. 6th & 7th: Sergeant WNxServer & Corporal WNxOfzo, same distance and Sergeant Major WNxBoMbZu continued the list.

Major WNxM3 gave the last Instructions: Our objective is an abandoned GDI base near Tieste In Italy! It's the only base that is close to our location. From there, I can contact HQ. However.... It could be possible that the base is under NOD control, so be alerted! We leave In 5 minutes..........................

To Be Continued......................................... ...............

Click the image to open in full size. Recent funwars

Last week we played a total of two funwars, one against SoQ and one against GNG. Below you can read how they went.

Sunday June 30th '08
Last Sunday we played a 5 vs. 5 funwar against SoQ. Unfortunately for us, it didn't really went that well. We lost on all maps, which certainly wasn't necessary. The first map we played was Volcano and we lost there fairly quick, simply because they were way faster than us. The next map, Walls_Flying, was much better though. For a while it looked like we could actually win, we destroyed most of their buildings and defend well, but once the 30 minute time limit was up, they had won due a point lead. The third map we played was Snow and we could've played way better there. Instead of instantly getting many tanks, several of us didn't buy them, causing SoQ to be able to drive all over us with their flame tanks and light thanks. The bot decided to crash afterwards, so we had to restart the server twice. Some people left, but we still played another map. Walls_Flying once again, but this time it was a total disaster! Somehow hardly anybody reacted on their first attack and after a little while some of us dropped out because they felt the rest of the fight was pointless. A shame, but we can beat them once we get more training.

Friday July 4th '08
A couple of days ago we played the second funwar of this week, a 5 vs. 5 against GNG. Unlike the match against SoQ, we definitely won in this war. Out of the five maps we played, we won four of them! The first map we fought on was Field, which was sort-off a warming up map. Our tanks made short work of theirs and we won by points. The map after that, Volcano, didn't take too long. We instantly destroyed their Airstrip and they destroyed our Weapons Factory, so nobody could buy tanks this round. We kept attacking with infantry and breached their defences a couple of times, making us win the round. Islands was a little different, but we won there too. Our medium tanks shot down everything they saw, including their tanks and infantry. The buildings were no match for waves and waves of medium tanks. On to number four, Canyon. Like on Volcano, we quickly destroyed their Airstrip and defended our base. We were able to buy several tanks after that and squashed all of their infantry. The last map of this funwar, Complex, was certainly interesting. This time GnG used our tactic against us! They took down our Hand of Nod and quickly rushed in with medium tanks. We had light tanks and artilleries, but we weren't able to take down their base in time.

Click the image to open in full size. Building detail

Click the image to open in full size. Renseries #9

Unfortunately there are only two more Renseries left I can show you! Today you can watch number #9, featuring ''Tank Battles - C & C Mode'' Enjoy!

Click the image to open in full size. Screenshot competition

It's about time we had some new winners in the screenshot competition! Nobody won the May Screenshot competition as nobody entered, but that changed last month. More people posted screenshots and Kenny decided that the following members posted won. Congratulations!

First place - WNxm0use
(click to enlarge)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxKenny Click the image to open in full size.
Your words kind of say it all for me m0use: "Ouch!"

Second place - WNxOfzo

(click to enlarge)
Quote:
Lmao, I am usually the one that gets stuck in objects, funny watching it happen to others . Well done mate!

Third place - WNxServer

(click to enlarge)
Quote:
Isn’t something to be proud of dude . J/k, but seriously at least use my wall hacks, they are undetectable . I bet Tiger got you out of the mess, she's good like that.

C&C Renegade: WNxm0use

Call of Duty 4 (PS3)

Comings and Goings...

This week, in the Call of Duty 4 section we have some members that are entering our section for the first time and some that are leaving for the last time. Firstly, I will start off with the new member that has recently joined us; this member used to be part of the Call of Duty 4 (NA) section but has taken a liking to the PS3 version. Many of us have had the pleasure of playing with him and he is a great player, so all join me in welcoming WNxAimxSuxks. Sadly, this week a member who has resided in the section for quite a while now has decided to leave not only the section but the clan. I would like to wish WNxBlast the best of luck with the future and his presence will be missed. The final member who has left the section this week is WNxGunblade, who has gone to help the CSS:NA section get back on its feet; with his dedication and his charisma we are sure that they will be glad of his help, good luck Gunblade and we hope to see you back one day. The rollcall results so far for this month are looking great with 34 people having signed it already, we're nowhere near the 65 mark like we had last month so to everyone who hasn't signed it yet what are you waiting for? Let's see if we can beat last month's total.

Member of the Month...

Yes, it's that time of month again and this month's special member has only been with us for approximately a month and to achieve this award within their first month is astounding, its not uncommon though, as shown with our last member of the month. So how can I best describe this member, very active on both the forums and the game, helpful to anyone who requires it and an asset to the section since the day he joined. With all these attributes it is no wonder he managed to get this prestigious award, everyone join me in congratulating;

WNxCena611

Promotions...

This month, for the Call of Duty 4 section, we have many promotions including a special one that I would like to mention later on. I would like to firstly thank WNxSidious, who put in a lot of time and work to sort out these promotions and he deserves the recognition for it, so without further ado, I, among many others, would like to congratulate these people for earning their promotions, they were well deserved;

WNxMatt
WNxVoltarious
WNxCena611

WNxDakkel

WNxFastgunna
WNxLord
Again, congratulations to all that were promoted this month, keep up the good work and you never know, you might be seeing your name here again next month. Now we turn our attention to the special promotion that I mentioned earlier. This member used to be a primary member of our section, however went to Metal Gear Online to help get out of development. Even though he left our section, he still remains as secondary, which we are really glad to see. Many of our members never thought we would see him become a Game Champion again but are overwhelmed to see that he has because he is a very dedicated member who has a lot to offer and the perfect man to do the job, join me in congratulating;

WNxTaka
Doubles Tournament...

The sign ups for the doubles tournament continue this week as we prepare for the launch of the event on July 11th. To all those that haven't found a partner yet for the event, there's not much time so be quick in finding one! Once you have your team along with a name, PM the information to WNxKevAK22 who will add you to the event roster. Teams we have so far are as follows:
WNxKevAk22 & WNxgreenblack34 "Team Giggity"

WNxCENA611 & WNxdakkel "Team DC"

WNxLORDcOoKt & WNxMatt "Team Smoking Subs"

WNxLord & WNxBad2k70 "Team Brandishing Noobs"

WNxVoltarious & WNxjesterlepue "Team Pwnage Le' Awesome"

This is a good turn out so far, but we still need more teams; the link which will provide more info for you will be provided below. Now, for those of you who have forgotten how this will work, here it is in brief; the tournament will be a ladder tournament, to decide which teams go against which they will be drawn from a hat. Now depending on how many teams enter, will decide how many rounds there will be; there will be a losers bracket and a winners bracket, where losers will still get another chance to win and the teams that come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd will get trophies.

http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=428658

And Finally...

Finally, this week I would like to wish WNxKevAK22 a very happy birthday, as he reaches the legal age of 18. Don't drink too much Kev, a wonky sniper won't be too helpful due to intoxication. Also I would just like to welcome back WNxGreenblack34 from his vacation away; he was sorely missed by all in the section and we are very glad to see him return; now where's our presents? What? No presents. Finally, this week WNxVolatrious is taking a break from head to head matches, but he goes out on a high with a 8-0 record. Don't stay away for too long Volt as there's many eager people just waiting to pit their wits against you.

Call of Duty 4 (PS3): WNxLord

Counterstrike Source (EU)

As you might know....

There hasn't been a report from this section in ages! So I will shortly summarize the promotions since we got out of Development? Kay?

WNxHelios

WNx Terror

WNxXcutioner

WNxInfest

WNxManihaX

T.b.a.

New Slogan!

Our major Helios thought it was time for a new slogan!

WNxAtomicShockwave
A place were we can always blame the hitboxes.

Taking camping to a whole new level.

I'm Pr0 , I rush with duel elites

WNxInfest
50 Varities of Pwnage! Sponsered By Heinz

WNxOrdo
Want some source?

WNxMrESlayer
Ooo Sourcey!
This is Owwwnaaageee!!!
5UP4H1337H4CK3RS Z!!1!

WNxManihaX
"Where you will always hear: BOOM HEADSHOT LoLoLoLoLoL"
"Where getting owned by an ultra skilled 12 year old is normal"
"Who said anything about Quake Sounds?"

WNxVandrakken
Gaming With A Passion
The Gods of Source
Kill With Will

WNxCjl9788
You want some Source with that?

WNxFatalVirus
CSS (EU) - Where lag is always the excuse.

WNxHelios
If it's not lag you're complaining about, it's Erin.

WNxNellis
When only the best is good enough
When losing is not a option

The winner was... *drums*: WNxHELIOS! WITH: If it's not lag you're complaining about, it's Erin ( = now WNxPhoenix ), check it out in the FPS section!

Recruiting Contest!

WNxHelios has started a recruiting contest!
Counter-Strike Source Recruiting contest will last for 2 months. 1st of July 2008 till the 1st of September 2008.

Requirements are that the recruits have a 30 days WN membership, 50+ posts, active on forums and in-game.
Prizes are:
Gold:The member to receive Gold will also receive admin on our gaming server and £10 (13 Euros).
Silver:The member to receive Silver will also receive admin on our gaming server and £5 (7 Euros)
Bronze:The member to receive Bronze will also receive admin on our gaming server.
They will also receive tournament winner tags!
So get recruiting people!

More information on this matter can be found here.

Counterstrike Source (EU): WNxManihaX

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

Start your day good.

Let's start this report with some updates. You might wonder, isn't this report ment to be a update? Well I mean a different kind of updates. Updates that are send by our master: Sony!

Further on in the Report you will find information about the new Battle Ops, a new member, more news about the Gang Wars and ... yea you probaly have guessed, more updates!

Well hello Firmware 2.4!

After some long waiting the most discussed Firmware update for the PS3 has finnaly come. A bunch of gamers have been waiting for this for several months and the hottest discussion on boards have been taken place.

What does the 2.4 Update include? The long wait was because of the XMB wich opens up much more possibility's then before. Like for example you could not reply to any message you got from a friend while playing a game. Now with XMB you can, and you can also do a bunch more with it. Just a list of what you can do:

. Friend category
• View, send, receive messages
• Manage downloads
• Set the vibration feature of the controller
• Sign in to PlayStation Network
• Register friends
• Manage Bluetooth devices
• Terminate the game
• Music category
• Use the system BGM
• Work the system BGM operation panel
• Settings category
• Assign controllers
• View profiles
• Game category
• Set audio devices
• Use the voice changer

[quote]The update also adds a mini-control panel that you can use while playing music and an internet search feature powered by Google that allows you to initiate search directly from the XMB (similar to what we added to the PSP recently). In addition, when you’re using the XMB or accessing the XMB from in-game, the current time and date will be displayed in the upper right hand corner. There are a few more minor enhancements included in this update, once the update is live you’ll be able to read about them here. QUOTE]
Quote: Playstation Blog

As you can see.. fun things. It also includes Trophies
Quote:
PS3 users can expect to see additional games bringing Trophies support to their feature sets through 2008 and beyond, providing even greater opportunity to showcase their accomplishments and compete with friends. The following first-party games are also slated to offer Trophy support:

Quote: Playstation Blog
Games that support the trophies:
BUZZ! Quiz TV
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
NBA 09 - PS3
PAIN
PixelJunk Eden
Resistance 2
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
Warhawk

They also upgraded the friend list.. you can now store 100 friends in there.

Quote:
To further emphasize the community aspects of this system software update, the amount of people you can add to your PSN friends list has been doubled, to 100.

Quote: Playstation blog

Well know.. that was all for the update part.. let's get going!

If you have Field Ops.

Then you need a Battle Ops Captain as well. And recently we have found one.
A guy that had several tag within his five years of service in here. A guy that have succesfully set up a great event for the whole Section and even the Xbox 360 Section is doing this aswell.

I would like to congratulate
WNxArchmage as our new Battle Ops Captain
If you want to read his promotional story, it's here: http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=431284
Last but not least.

As final report stage, I will give you all the names that have joined into our section.

Unfortunatly, we only had one new recruit in the Section.

Welcome,
WNxryza

So far for the Section Report
Tune in next week at 133.7 FM for more reports from GTA IV (PS3)!

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3): WNxCookie

Guild Wars Series

The Loss of a great Member

Somewhere on a sunny afternoon all the way down in the Land of Down Under.

"Let's go to the beach", Cyppy proposed to Ariel, Tiger and Jman. "Sounds like a very good plan", Ariel answered. And so they made sure that they had everything they need for an afternoon on the beach, such as sun cream, towels, enough food and drinks and last but not least, a small barbecue just in case they might get hungry. After a drive of approximately 30 minutes, they arrived at the beach and started to look for a nice spot with enough sun but also with shade, otherwise they might end up sun burned.

"Come on J, let's play some footie", Cyppy said, but J wondered of a bit and started to walk down the beach.

"How can I ever tell my friends that after this great afternoon we will have, I'll leave them alone to focus more on my future", Jman said to himself.

"J?, is there something wrong?", Tiger asked. You are so quiet this afternoon and that is not like you at all.

"No, no, nothing is wrong", Jman answered, I'm just a bit tired of all the studying for my exams I had to do lately, nothing to worry about.
"Alright, if you say so ", Ariel said, although she still had her doubts.

"Let's fire up the barbecue", Cyppy shouted all the sudden, "I'm so hungry that I could eat a Tiger!." "Hey, it is only a matter of speaking", Cyppy said after seeing the faces of his friends. I brought shrimps and lager, so let's eat and drink to end the great afternoon we spend, and that many more will come.

After eating, drinking and of course a lot of speaking, Ariel jumped up and said that it's time to go home, as she told her dad that she would be home at 10 pm.

"No guy's, we can't go yet", Jman said. First I have to tell you what is on my mind for a while and I have to get it of my chest before it will turn me crazy.

"You know that my pc is very old and that I can't play games with you and the others anymore. So instead I had to focus a lot on my study and that made me realise that I should have done that earlier. My exams are going great, grades are getting up, and most important off all, my real life is way to exiting to give up right now. I'll go and move away from you and the Nation, to focus on more important things, such as life. I just hope that you will not hate me for doing this", Jman said.

"Why the sad face Jman", his friends asked. "We will always stay friends no matter what you do and where you are, and we are sure that the others think like that also", Ariel answered.

And so the Family and Nation had to say goodbye to a great friend and member, called WNxJman.

We wish you all the best James, may life treat you well and may all your dreams come true.

Thread: http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=430168

The Emperor Commands You to Celebrate

Citizens and Friends of Cantha,

Emperor Kisu requires the pleasure of your company at this year's annual Dragon Festival.
The modern Dragon Festival commemorates all the trials and hardships that have threatened the Empire over the centuries, and honors the heroes who overcame them.
Join your fellow adventurers at the Shing Jea Monastery during the July 4th weekend to celebrate Cantha's glorious history and its even more promising future.

It is that time of the year again. The Dragon festival starts on Friday, July 4th and will end on Sunday, July 6th.

This year's Dragon Festival features some of the most popular events and mini-games from previous years. Participants earn Victory Tokens, which can be redeemed for treats such as red bean cakes and bottles of rice wine.
Adventure-seekers can also reenact key moments and battles from Cantha's illustrious past.

On the last day of the festival, Emperor Kisu will make appearances within Shing Jea Monastery to kick off the final reenactment.
In his infinite charity, the Emperor will also present a gift to all who have proven their festival spirit by collecting 250 Victory Tokens throughout the weekend: a new demonic mask, especially crafted for this year's Festival to commemorate Cantha's victory over the forces of evil that attacked the Festival in years past.

Special Events which can be played are listed below:

The Shing Jea Boardwalk is a venue for fun activities and games of chance located at Shing Jea Monastery. It was initially opened as part of the 2006 Dragon Festival but has been accessible during other special events since.

The Dragon Arena is a PvP arena set in a modified version of the Imperial Isle guild hall that is accessible only during Shing Jea Boardwalk events by talking to Captain Li Sah.

Rollerbeetle Racing is a mini-game that first appeared during the Canthan New Year event as an addition to the Shing Jea Boardwalk. The player is transformed into a Rollerbeetle and must race other players to win Gamer points and either Victory Tokens for the Dragon Festival or Lunar Tokens for the Canthan New Year, as of 2008. Races run as long as the boardwalk is open. Players who score within the top 100 will receive a special prize at the end of the festival (one prize per account).

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Thread: http://guildwars.com/events/ingame/dragonfestival2008/

No beta testing this year

ArenaNet has announced that there will be no GW2 beta testing this year. The game will be released "when it is finished" according to an official
FAQ from developer ArenaNet. Read the complete explanation below:

Although we publicly alpha- and beta-tested the original Guild Wars while it was still in early development, with Guild Wars 2 we will commence beta testing closer to the game's release.
With that in mind, we will not start beta testing in 2008 as we had originally planned. Guild Wars 2 is a very large and ambitious game, and Guild Wars players rightfully have very high expectations of its quality.
We want players to be absolutely blown away by the game the first time they experience it.

Loyalty gets rewarded

This month we have 5 outstanding who will receive their loyalty medals. They are either primary members ever since they joined to family or they became secondary members after being hooked up with the Guild Wars Virus.

Click the image to open in full size. to the following members:

Beyond the 5 year, but will stick with the 5 year medal, WNxConjurer and WNxArchmage, former Grand Master of the section, who will receive his 5 year medal.

The following 3 members will receive their 2 year medal: WNxJoshStargun, WNxMifuyne and WNxRodo

Thread:http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=431336

Did anyone ever see a Yellow Skippy?

If not, then you better check out the below link. On Saturday, June.28th, we heard a rumour that one of the Australian Skippy's we have in our section turned yellow. We all thought that this was another joke from Arenanet since we still remember the April Fool's joke, but after checking things out, the rumour seemed to be true. Everyone please congratulate our secondary member, our lovely Prince from the land of Ozz, on receiving the yellow badge:

Click the image to open in full size.WNxPoAClick the image to open in full size.

Thread: http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=429976

And the rank went up again

After we had to split our in game guild up into two guilds, because we reached the maximum capacity of 100 members, both guild also had their own ingame ranks.
Guild 1 mainly consists of the hardcore pvp-ers, such as WnxSplee, WNx X Wick, WNxChaos and others, and they got back into GvG's again.

We hope to see this more often and we are looking out for the match reports. Keep it up everyone, good work.

Thread: http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=430569

Our very own Colleen Spielberg's Promotion Video

We, as every other section, received the question from WNxVandrakken, to enter the Warrior Nation's Section Promotional Video contest, and our lovely Colleen decided to make a video about all the different gamestyle's. She has done a great job and certainly deserves all the credit for it.

Enjoy watching the below promotion movie and we hope to see you in our section sooner or later.

Thread: http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=430300

Profession of the Week: Paragon

Paragons are the guardian angels of Elona, humanity's champions against malefic threats.
They rally the valiant with Shouts and Chants, aiding heroes, henchmen, and other adventurers through inspiration and motivation.
A Paragon's best weapons rely on an insightful mind, a courageous spirit, and a charismatic voice.
Many Paragons also arm themselves with a spear and shield, striking from a distance as they shout their battle cries.
Through insight, they help others resist Hexes and Conditions, echoing their commands across the field of battle (in fact, some “Echo” abilities renew themselves each time a Chant or Shout ends).
When all hell breaks loose, a commanding Paragon shines as a beacon of light, driving back the forces of darkness.

Paragon Attributes

Leadership: The Paragon gains 1 Energy for each ally affected by one of the Paragon's Shouts or Chants, up to a maximum of 1 Energy for every 2 ranks.
(primary attribute)

Spear Mastery: Spear Mastery increases the damage a Paragon inflicts with spears, as well as the chance to inflict a critical hit when using a spear. Many skills, especially spear attack skills, become more effective with higher Spear Mastery.

Command: Some Paragon skills, especially those that protect your allies or increase your ******** position on the battlefield, become more effective with higher Command.

Motivation: Increase Motivation to increase the duration and effectiveness of related skills, as well as the Paragon's ability to help with recovery.

Paragon Armor

Below you will see some of the best armor which you can get in game. These are the choices from two of our members, who are both play paragon as well, WNxCyppy and WNXTiger.
From left to right, and from Guild Wars Nightfall (Chapter 3) until Guild Wars Eye of the North Expansion (Chapter 4):
Elite Sunspear armor, Primaval armor and Vabbian armor, both from Guild Wars Nightfall. Monument armor and Asuran armor, both Guild Wars Eye of the North (Chapter 4). P

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Paragon Weapons

Last but not least, I will post some weapons you can get in game. Of course there are a lot of other weapons but I can not post them all
From left to right: The Matriarch's Stinger, Spear of the Hierophant, Fenrir's Bastion and Mallyx's Supremacy.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Guild Wars Series: WNxTiger

Halo 3 - Xbox 360

Click the image to open in full size. To Start Us Off

Considering how I missed last week, I have a little bit to catch up on. These have been two eventful weeks in the Halo 3 section. We have a new tournament; we lost a member; and we celebrated a couple birthdays.

Click the image to open in full size. Spotlight

I'm doing my shoutouts a little early in this report. I thought I'd change it up a bit. There's two people I'd like to acknowledge this week.

First up we have WNxHippie. I would like to thank Hippie for giving me the opportunity to interview him. The interview can be found here. Mentioned in the interview was Hippie's next tournament. I would like to thank him for setting that up.

Next I would like to thank WNxMalamute. Although he isn't a primary in the Halo 3 section, he is one of our most active members. He is very honest on the forums and always speaks his mind. Thanks Mal!

Click the image to open in full size. A Fond Farewell

Just the other day we got word from WNx qb eater that he would be leaving Warrior Nation. He wasn't the most active member, but he was certainly a big part of our section. He didn't say much, but when he did, his input was always valuable and insightful. We all wish him good luck and happiness in his future exploits.

Click the image to open in full size. Our New Tournament

I mentioned before that Hippie's new tournament has begun. He revealed that it was going to be a 2v2 tournament, but that we wouldn't be able to choose our teammate.

About a month ago, Hippie's first tournament as our Battle Ops Captain ended. That was a 1v1 tournament. In this tournament, our teammate is going to be whoever we played against in the first round of the first tournament. So far I feel that this is going pretty well, and I hope it won't be as 'epix phail' (as Hippie put it) as the first tournament.

Click the image to open in full size. Happy Birthday

Since the last report, we have celebrated two birthdays in the Halo 3 section. WNxdarkangel0103 celebrated his 18th birthday, and decided to start the new tradition of 'Birthday Watermelons.' He says its kind of like eating oranges at Christmas. The other birthday we celebrated was WNxCogBoy, who also turned 18 this year. Happy birthday to both of them!

Click the image to open in full size. In Conclusion

The next double EXP weekend has started. Its a playlist that we haven't seen before called '4th of July.' It consists of various Capture the Flag gametypes, along with a gametype called 'Red Glare.' In Red Glare, players are given a rocket launcher and a spartan laser. I think this playlist is fun, although it is a major failure within the Halo 3 community. Most double EXP weekends have upwards of 50,000 players in them at any time. In comparison, this one has about 100-2,000. Big difference.

Thats it for this week; until next time, have fun!

Halo 3 - Xbox 360: WNxEcho

WolfTeam

Hearty congratulations...

As most of you are aware by now, WolfTeams former journalist made ace reporter! Lets all give a great big congratulations to...

WNxFrozenPast

The WolfTeam section would like to congratulate him on this honour, and congratulate him further for his last report a few weeks back, which made featured. We're all sure he will do very well in the interview department! And Wear the Ace Reporter title with pride!

On top of FrozenPast's Ace Reporter award, we have a promotion for someone special...

WNxShisno

Our Admin Support has been promoted from Brig General of Battle Ops, to Major General of Sierra Brigade! A great big congrats to him from everyone, and lets hope he really benefits WN!
To congratulate Shisno and the rest of the Infrastructure staff.

And still theres more...
Yes, our section seems to have been rather busy... Our other AS has recently made a transfer... This person being

WNxMWDeez

He is now a HCJ, and hopefully, a good one! Im sure you all know, WNxStep07mar made a nice, yet confusing story It was on the front page, you cant have missed it... For those of you who didn't look very hard...

Now to the real business...

Game Days have been a real success these past few weeks, and the new Hidden Wolves event has been great fun for everyone, making it a very successful event, congratulations to Blitz for this idea!
More and more members are being bought over by some loyal members and the Game Days, now we just have to keep them now we got a good hold, Well done to all recruiters!
Saturdays Game Day information can be found here.
Game Day Screenshots (provided by none other than BlitzWarTank himself) can be seen here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, this line does mark the end of the serious stuff.

Oh, and one final thing...

As most people know by now, our beloved FrozenPast decided to transfer to the new interview department... This in turn opened up a CJ spot for WolfTeam. After much debating, it was finally decided that it would take someone very special to replace him. So, of course, one very special person was chosen... Everybody say a big "Well done!" to...

WNx DDGotShot

Thats right, it is me! Obviously... I will try my hardest to please, to keep you informed, yet entertained. This is a completely new experience for me, I actually had to write something that isn't full of smiley's....

Enough of myself though, it doesn't make good news... Everyone wish good luck to FrozenPast, and we hope to see many good interviews in the coming months.

WolfTeam: WNx DDGotShot

----------------------------

Credits:
Editing: WNxLordGene, WNxStep07mar
*** Department: WNxLordGene
Dystopia: WNxTiger
Battle for Middle Earth II: WNxAragorn
C&C Renegade: WNxm0use
Call of Duty 4 (PS3): WNxLord
Counter-Strike Source (EU): WNxManihaX
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3): WNxCookie
Guild Wars: WNxTiger
Halo 3 Xbox 360: WNxEcho
WolfTeam: WNx DDGotShot

Last edited by WNxMWDeez; 07-06-2008 at 04:57 PM..

Warrior Nation

WNxDraggy
07-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Unregistered
#
Nice Job keep the great writing up guys!!! congrats on all the promos also.

Warrior Nation

WNxWalkingOwnage
07-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Unregistered
#
Great job with all the reports and congratulations over all the promotions. Good job Aragorn !

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

Germany WNxSimon
07-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Really nice Metro! Well done!

"Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness."

Warrior Nation

Canada WNx Gunblade
07-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Honorable Discharge
Forza Italia
<3 Brunettes
Awesome Reports guys keep up the Work! and congrats every1

Warrior Nation

United States WNxSwitchBlade
07-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Local Time: 09:52 AM
WoW Characters
Legendary.
<3
Great reports everyone!

Switch

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxBigBird
07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Official Guest
Retired
Lots of news this time. Good work

WNxCJL9788: I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

Warrior Nation

WNxLordGene
07-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Unregistered
#
Good report guys!

I should of posted this up

Last edited by WNxLordGene; 07-06-2008 at 11:00 PM..

Warrior Nation

Germany WNxJanitor
07-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Local Time: 04:52 PM
WoW Characters
CSS God
Great reports, yay CSS (EU) section. ^_^

Warrior Nation

United States WNxHawkeye
07-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Local Time: 10:52 AM
ITS GREEN!
Great work CJs! Keep up the awesome work!

Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxFatality
07-06-2008, 04:50 PM
The CoDFather
aka FatalEnigma
great reports everyone

shame I didn't have enough to write in mine

| VAT | Sgt Major | BO Captain | CJ | Major x2 | Editor x2 | FO Captain x3 | Game Champion | Recon Captain | Recon Colonel

Warrior Nation

Norway WNxMarkus
07-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Local Time: 04:52 PM
Honorable Discharge
RoySmithers Fanclub
great reports! and congrats to u ara!

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

England WNxDavott
07-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm a loser, DN owns
*Insert Witty Comment*
great job everyone and whats *** department that LG writes

http://i54.tinypic.com/35jwd2s.jpg
WNxDavott & WNxFatality = Dream Team
WNxDarkNyte: Sure man, you can win if you want

Warrior Nation

WNxVenus
07-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Unregistered
Nice reports...good job

Warrior Nation

WNx DDGotShot
07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Unregistered
Woo First report xD Shame it's all promotions, but that cant be my fault, right?

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

Christmas Island WNxGaz
07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Good work
Keep it up.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Ikariam.org

United States WnxDeathRogue
07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Honorable Discharge
RPG
I just want to shoot u
great work everyone, awesome reports

Warrior Nation

WNxPwned
07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Unregistered
Nice work CJ's and grats on promo's

Warrior Nation

WNxSnuggles
07-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Unregistered
Congrats on all the promo's!!! Deezzzz.... nom nom nom Nice reports guys!!!!

Closed Thread