Thread: 2008 Lieutenant General Election
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Local Time: 04:37 PM
Election
2008 Lieutenant General Election
2008 Lieutenant General Election
Office Term (Sept 12th 2008 - May 12th 2009)

Click the image to open in full size.

Election will begin on July 11th.

Phase 1. July 11 – July 20
10 days Section Nominations - All members may name one person from their section of who they believe should be a Lieutenant General of WN. There will be a sticky thread in each game forum on July 11 so members need to nominate from those threads within the game forums.

• 1 thread will be created for each game section forum.
• 1 thread will be created for all development games combined selecting two.
• Only primary members of that section may reply with their nominations.
• At the end of the period, the person with the most nominations in each game section will run in the 1st election primary poll.
• One nominee for the entire game

Phase 2. July 21 – July 23
3 days to count nominations, determine disqualifications and prepare list of candidates to move forward in the campaign.

• Disqualifications include any edited nominations or duplicate entries from the same member.
• Thread logs will be reviewed for any tampering of the thread including deletions or modifying any portion of the threads. Any tampering may disqualify the sections participation and will result in maximum punishment including loss of rank of those found guilty of fraud.

Phase 3. Primary Campaign - July 24 - August 7th
2 week duration for nominees to campaign.

• Each nominee has the opportunity to speak to members in attempt to influence votes in their favor.
• Campaigns are restricted to the official campaign forum that will be made visible when the election process begins.

Phase 4. Aug 8th - Aug 16th
Poll runs to vote for 7 top nominees for a duration of 9 days.

Phase 5. Aug 17th - 19th
3 day Military Council Candidate Selection Period

• Military Council is required to discuss and vote on 5 out of 7 top candidates who may move on to the next phase.

Phase 6. Aug 20th - Sept 3rd
2 week duration for final 5 candidates to campaign.

• Each nominee has the opportunity to speak to members in an attempt to influence votes in their favor.
• Nominees in this phase may campaign within any forum in WN.
• Each nominee will be required to answer official predefined questions that will be released over the 2 week period. These questions are designed to help members get a better understanding of the candidates they will be voting for.

5 Final Candidates

Phase 7. Sept 4th - Sept 11th
1 week final poll to vote for final winning candidate.

Sept 12th
Winner Declared!

Qualifications:
• 365 days of registration as a WN member at the time nominiees are counted.

Disqualifications:
• Any warnings points in the last 12 months.
• Previous Dishonorable Discharge.
• Previously forced out of an Administrator position.
• Voluntarily resigned from an Administrator in the last 90 days.
• Currently in an Administrator position.

Rules:
• Only the Campaign Forum can be used for propaganda for Phase 3, then in Phase 6 the 5 finalists may campaign in any forum.

• No threatening other opponents or voters.
This includes hate messages, telling another they don’t have a chance and should just drop out, etc. Anyone caught will be punished under Law 6 to the fullest extent.

• Current Administrators will not be allowed to run in this election or show any public support for any candidate. They must remain neutral during the process. However Administrators are allowed to vote in both polls.

• Members who vote must have been here for at least 60 days from the date of the first poll in phase 3. Those who do not have 60 days here will not have the vote button option.

Last edited by WNxWakko; 06-30-2008 at 11:32 PM..

Warrior Nation

United States WNxConjurer
06-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Local Time: 03:37 PM
Gamertag: Pelendran
Hopefully this election will go a lot smoother than the last one.

Warrior Nation

WNxSoy
06-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Unregistered
#
Hahah ... warcouncil?

Question#1: Do development/in development sections get to participate.

Question#2: Do members have to be 365 days BEFORE the elections start, or do they have to be 365 during/before the end of elections.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
1. We detemined 73 possible nominiees among the development games, so we will run one nominee thread and pick the top 2. This can change each election based on the number of people in development games.

2.When we are counting the nominations we will be looking at the time in membership, so if I had to clarify that, I would say 1 year by the time we start counting nominations.

Warrior Nation

WNxPothius
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
#
Ha! Last time we did this we had a migration...hopefully things don't hit the fan again. Good luck to everyone.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxPothius View Post
Ha! Last time we did this we had a migration...hopefully things don't hit the fan again. Good luck to everyone.
No, the last time was 2005, your thinking of our first election in 2004 when we were newbies to this concept.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDHare3
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Local Time: 05:37 PM
WoW Characters
very cool, very democratic, like to hear this. However, I don't understand why you have to nominate members from your section, and cannot nominate anyone? Is it so its easier to keep track of nominations?

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxGrievous
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
SeriouS DevelopmenT
Gl to all that applie

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Local Time: 06:37 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Awesome idea, good luck to everyone who particapates

Warrior Nation

WNxTheNameisJamal
06-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Unregistered
This should work out very well. Good luck to all of the nominees

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United States WNxHawkeye
06-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Local Time: 06:37 PM
ITS GREEN!
I am loving the idea, a clever method. Good luck to everyone!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxDHare3 View Post
very cool, very democratic, like to hear this. However, I don't understand why you have to nominate members from your section, and cannot nominate anyone? Is it so its easier to keep track of nominations?
It provides fairness across the board. Every section gets a say by putting one of their own in the ballot. It brings out good people that other section may not have known about. It also cuts down on the influence of larger sections taking it over. Think of the section like each state who all then compete nationally until you have one winner.

Warrior Nation

Australia WNxPsyker
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Local Time: 08:37 AM
win.
Philomathemistry major
I'm sorry but why does the Lt.Gen. who is elected by the people get to do Sweet fuck all? Can't view any sensitive material such as JA reports and the likes? why is this? It seems that this position is essentially a useless tag meant to appease all the people crying for Democracy. KT is the only real meaningful Lt.Gen. in this new system.

Seems a bit of a waste of a tag to me, I'd rather see you admins pick another person, and give them full rights, than have a useless admin.

Veni Vidi Dormivi

Warrior Nation

WNxArmytrooper1024
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Unregistered
good idea,but a member from each section is a lot..,maybe a member from FPS,Console,RTS,

Btw nameisjamal i think you should step down from admin and go for this ,your a good leader and everything

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxPsyker View Post
I'm sorry but why does the Lt.Gen. who is elected by the people get to do Sweet fuck all? Can't view any sensitive material such as JA reports and the likes? why is this? It seems that this position is essentially a useless tag meant to appease all the people crying for Democracy. KT is the only real meaningful Lt.Gen. in this new system.

Seems a bit of a waste of a tag to me, I'd rather see you admins pick another person, and give them full rights, than have a useless admin.
Actually, the only admins that currently have access to the JA forums are those in the JA department and the 5 Stars. No other admins have access, so it isnt like we are singling this position out. You make it sound like the only purpose of getting the position is to gain access to that area. There is alot more to in than that. Last I checked, we have 5 other departments and over 60 game sections to keep them involved with.

Last edited by WNxWakko; 06-30-2008 at 10:56 PM..

Warrior Nation

WNxPothius
06-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxWakko View Post
No, the last time was 2005, your thinking of our first election in 2004 when we were newbies to this concept.
Damn, it was that long ago? Oh well! Glad to see we are giving this a go again.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Interesting, I just did a search based on 1 year from July 21 and the number of members who qualify in the 1 year membership are: 1337

Warrior Nation

WNxMeds
06-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxWakko View Post
Interesting, I just did a search based on 1 year from July 21 and the number of members who qualify in the 1 year membership are: 1337
Thats because this election will be 1337, because it seems that it has been well thought out and i am extremely insterested to see how this pans out.

And Good luck to all the nominee's.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxMunkey
06-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Oh noes, another popularity contest O_O

And you slammed the triple whammie on me when you disqualify people with points against them in the last 12 months, previously DD'd, and must be a member for 365 days. HarshSauce.

Well, I hope this election goes better than the previous one that sticks out in my mind. Good ol' poll haxxing Boyle

Warrior Nation

WNxLordGene
06-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Unregistered
I know I qualify but I am not going to bother because I do not have the popularity votes even if I campaign well

Popularity or not. I feel its best who likes whos best member.

a year long position is actually a good idea. I really like it

Closed Thread