Thread: Infrastructure Changes
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Local Time: 12:40 AM
Important
Infrastructure Changes
Click the image to open in full size.

Infrastructure Changes

I am pleased to announce some major changes in our Pentagon structure. When change seems to be necessary due to many various problems across many aspects of WN, we must address things from the top down. Each change is always followed by more change that eventually filtered all the way down the system to the bottom.

This design was put together by myself and then molded into refinement by several other members of the Pentagon staff. While with any change we must endure, the impacts tend to always have both positive and negative effects on the people that are involved. I will say that this change has been difficult to push through due to the complexity of support and opposition to various components.

The new design has several key focuses:

Major General

The Two Star Major General Positions have been reduced from 5 to 3 and the responsibility of each has increased two fold. Instead of each MG overseeing one department or group of Administrators, they will oversee two or more. The role of this MG will mean expanding their knowledge in more than one area and working to build closer and stronger bridges between the various areas they manage. They will be in three newly named groups;

Justice Brigade Major General

MP Battalion
Judge Advocate Courtyard

Sierra Brigade Major General

Special Forces Battalions
o Alpha (North America)
o Echo (Europe)
Battle Operations

Tango Brigade Major General

Special Forces Battalions
o Bravo (North America)
o Charlie (Console Worldwide)
Development

View the recently updated ranks page to learn further details on the areas of WN that are contained in these new groups.

Lieutenant General

A new addition to the system will be two new Three Star Lieutenant General positions. These two positions have been added to provide an expanded support between the 5 Star Generals and the Major Generals. These individuals will not be assigned to any one area in order to achieve a broader support mechanism. One key thing about this position is how the individuals are chosen. One will be appointed by the 5 Star Generals in the same fashion any position in WN is filled.

The second Lt General position has something unique from any other rank we have. Members of WN will participate in recurring elections to determine who will reside in this position. The goal is to open this high profile position into the hands of the people. This can also be viewed as a test of Democracy in WN. If the members firmly believe that a Democracy can work, then this component shall prove or disprove if such a concept can be successful in the hands of members.

To learn more details about the selection process, please refer to the ranks page. Further information will be released when we begin this election process.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Charlie Special Forces Battalion

The increase in popularity and access to console gaming is on the rise. WN has finally passed the struggling point of determining if we could succeed in supporting these types of games. Clearly we have made a break though and with the increase in console gaming, it is clear that we need a dedicated Administrative group to manage this effectively. So in response to console growth in WN we will be adding the new group to ensure the proper leadership and support that these sections require exists on a permanent basis.

Pentagon Reporter

This position has been converted into a primary rank that will be elevated to the Brigadier General level in order to ensure greater access in Pentagon affairs. The reason is to that a greater range of information can be filter to the members in the form of Pentagon News Reports. While you have already seen this position in a Colonel level and have had the pleasure to read one release, the goal is to ensure that a permanent mechanism of communication to you is in place.

Creative Works

In order to keep up with the growth and demand of the Creative Lab and Journalist Department we have elevated the highest position of these two departments from a Colonel to Brigadier General. In addition these two areas will be rolled into one larger department called the Creative Works. With all the hard work in these areas, it was clear that the demands of additional leadership were not keeping up with the demands of the services provided to all of you.

Last but not least
I am sure many of you are asking the question, which will full these positions, who is moving around, being promoted, demoted and the like. I will release that information soon but first wanted to release the future structure so not to overwhelm you with to much information. More will follow soon on the names that will be placed in many of these newly defined positions. I will release another announcement with the individuals in addition to an updated roster to reflect the changes.

Future topics of interest will be looking at the next segments down the line including Competitive Gaming in Battle Operations, Development improvements, auditing of the Justice Departments, reviewing Admin Supports participation and interaction with game sections and taking a closer look at what additional resources are needed from the WN infrastructure that will help them prosper with good leadership and fair practices.

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxFireWraith
06-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Now people will be voted to the second highest rank in WN and serve terms.

Will help quell some "it's not a democracy" speech I think.

I know Wakko worked a long time on all of this stuff, big props.

Warrior Nation

WnxWake
06-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Unregistered
#
Great news glad to see some new ranks also 3 star general .

(one day....)

wake

Warrior Nation

WNxSniper
06-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Unregistered
#
Well, as a critic of WN's techniques of choosing admins in the past, I can say that this method is innovative and it will certainly hand power back to the members.

Good job!

Warrior Nation

WNxGStenroos
06-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Unregistered
#
Sounds like this will be a helpful change

-GSten

Warrior Nation

WNxVandrakken
06-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
#
Sounds like nice changes

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxV!T0Z
06-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Official Guest
Naked Dave lives on
Waffles.
Interesting.

Yes?

Warrior Nation

Germany WNxJanitor
06-29-2008, 02:07 PM
WoW Characters
CSS God
This is interesting, indeed.

Warrior Nation

Canada WNx Gunblade
06-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Honorable Discharge
Forza Italia
<3 Brunettes
Interesting

Warrior Nation

WNxNoRemorse
06-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Unregistered
Interesting, but it also sounds like investing in a popularity contest that has power... hard to avoid I guess.

Primary: Xbox Division
Warrior Nation

Singapore WNxJurafalle
06-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Local Time: 02:40 PM
The Waffle Man
Uses Flamethrower!
W....O.....W

This is amazing, lotsa new ranks! Well, as by far from observation,

Will Charlie forces include Console Only? Like since you've stated Console Worldwide, does that mean, Asia and AU are under Charlie Forces now?

Anyway, good to see many other new ranks being brought up, and looking forward to see who gets them promotions.

WNxJurafalle & WNxJNG - Rock Band Buddies <3 | Twitch Channel!
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" - Henri Frederic Amiel

Warrior Nation

Iceland WNxToto
06-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Local Time: 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxV!T0Z View Post
Interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxJanitor View Post
This is interesting, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNx Gunblade View Post
Interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxNoRemorse View Post
Interesting, but it also sounds like investing in a popularity contest that has power... hard to avoid I guess.
This.

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxFireWraith
06-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxNoRemorse View Post
All votes are ultimately about popularity. It's up to the members whether you are popular based on your campaigning and ideas or popular based on your reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxFrozenPast View Post
W....O.....W

This is amazing, lotsa new ranks! Well, as by far from observation,

Will Charlie forces include Console Only? Like since you've stated Console Worldwide, does that mean, Asia and AU are under Charlie Forces now?

Anyway, good to see many other new ranks being brought up, and looking forward to see who gets them promotions.
Console is not limited to regions, is basically what that means.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDHare3
06-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Local Time: 01:40 AM
WoW Characters
I already vote KT to LT General.

Great to see Democracy in action, also to see new ranks come into play.

Primary: Xbox Division
Warrior Nation
Secondary: Clash of Clans

Netherlands WNxFataalFrietje
06-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Doing Things My Way
Interesting to say atleast, I know someone who is interested in Charlie force ^^

Get Ripped Or Die Mirin'

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United States WNx X Wick
06-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Local Time: 02:40 AM
I can't comment until I see how it works out. I think we will have too many steps for change to happen, but with Wakko here change happens faster I wish every new tagged member good luck with future endeavors

Warrior Nation

England WNxMalamute
06-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Local Time: 07:40 AM
Honorable Discharge
Much love <3
Sounds like some good changes, hope they will benefit the clan on the whole.

-Mal

Warrior Nation

WNxTerminator
Unregistered
Looks great

Warrior Nation

WNxOmerta
Unregistered
Thanks for all the work you put forth in this change Wakko. This must have taken a long time. I am very interested to see how this plays out.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxHelios
06-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Local Time: 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxToto View Post
This.
Lulz. Interesting.

Closed Thread