Thread: Development Under New Leadership (Revised Details)
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWakko
06-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Local Time: 12:46 PM
Important
Development Under New Leadership (Revised Details)
This is a repost of my announcement in regards to the change in Development Leadership. The decision has not changed; WNxFireWraith will lead the Development department from this point forward. I am reposting this announcement to provide an explanation as to why and I have no problem telling you my reasons as I have nothing to hide.

Firewraith may be a controversial selection with some of you but I will state that selecting him is in the best interest of Development. This is not about who deserves a promotion or the rewards of those who should be promoted, it is about what WN needs at a certain point in time. I do not make decisions of promotion based on who I like best nor do I play favorites. In fact in my past I have on several occasions promoted people I disliked because it was not about my own personal interest, it was about WNís interest. I am not implying that I dislike Firewraith so do not misinterpret this. What I am saying is my decisions are based on how a business should run and the choices I make are based upon the improvement of WN.

Development needed some changes in the past with its staff. The games in Development were not always the best choice. It was a point in time that required changes. Tempest made the decision to make some hard changes. While this was not wrong to suggest, it is how those plans progress that matter. It is the details of it more than the final outcomes that are imperative. Stopping the flow of incoming games to Development was not the best decision. It was in fact advised against by the peers in the Pentagon not to stop taking incoming games but to be more selective. It was not advised to purge the entire staff, but suggested to turn them over in groups or some alternative method that would not cause Development to be non-functional in regards to new games. The plan it seemed had been put into stone that under no circumstances would there be any exception or change to this plan. When confronted it was still apparent that no one would be flexible and the current state of Development would not waver in any way because there was some ultimate goal left to achieve.

In order to make successful changes it is always important that when we put together a plan, we always consider that along the path we will have to make modifications. As a plan unravels new problems may arise that didnít exist before, but because we are on path to eliminate some other problem it does not justify ignoring the new surfacing issues. Exceptions are not what is made however we may refer to them as exceptions, however they are merely modifications to our plan when we see a problem. We had 2 specific games that were climbing in membership that could almost rival our top 10, but they were refused any assistance or forums because it didnít fall into the said plan. Blaming them for making alternative choices seemed to be easier that accepting that the freeze contributed to them merging with other clans. It is very easy to just say, well they joined another clan, thatís their won fault for not waiting. Whether that is true or not, Development contributed to that problem and should take some responsibility in that issue. I found myself having conversations with the members of these games to figure out how to bring in Age of Conan and Rohan without Development in order to fix the immediate problem. Upon my attempt to help them get though development in any way I could, I received resistance and an unwilling to consider helping these two strong games. So if I have to take matters into my own hands and am unable to depend on Development who refused to waver from their set in stone plan, I must ask myself, how did we allow this to happen? How can WN allow Administrators to behave this way because it didnít seem like it was in the best interest of WN. It may have been sold that way, but it defiantly wasnít helping.

So I had to make a choice and quickly find someone who I knew without a doubt could do the job of Development with absolutely no training that was not going to just continue this failed plan. It required me to select FireWraith because of his experience and skill. Maybe you donít agree, but at least I know that Development is going to be put back into the right direction for all of you to benefit by. I just donít see how we can afford for me to spend weeks going through candidates to figure out whom and maybe some out there deserve a promotion but how do I know they are right for the job. Time is of the essence as we need immediate corrections and I donít care what Firewraith said about the system on WN because what we need is a functional Development Department right now. Whatever he did in the past is past right now and what matters is what he can do for WN right now going forward.

Warrior Nation

WNxSkitz0Boi
06-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
#
Kai, look. What may seem in the best interest for one, may not for another.

Last edited by WNxSkitz0Boi; 06-15-2008 at 03:16 PM..

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Dirty Bomb

Netherlands WNxBear
06-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Local Time: 08:46 PM
Euhm... yea.. like... Wow??

-Cookie

Warrior Nation

WnxWake
06-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Unregistered
#
I knew I was right . Temp had good plans just did them in 2 big a step should have broken them down little by little for each problem dev was having.

Did I also mention the 2 specfic games Rohan and Conan in the cd thread and I also had mentioned summer time.

Ty for clearing it up wakko.

wake

Last edited by WnxWake; 06-15-2008 at 03:17 PM..

Warrior Nation

WNxWinterStorm
06-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Unregistered
#
Understandable Wakko, thanks for the explanation. I suggest to other people who are reading this thread and are going to post, to think veeerrrry carefuly about what you will say.

Warrior Nation

WNxBadNews
06-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
#
i can kinda see you point there wakko fair enough

Warrior Nation

United States WNxHelios
06-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Local Time: 07:46 PM
I couldn't give two shits. I'm sticking by what I've said to others and what I personally think. This isn't the end.

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
06-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Unregistered
#
Well put Wakko, well put

Warrior Nation

WNxG2Wolf
Unregistered
#
Thanks for the clarification.

Warrior Nation

WNx-Tempest
Unregistered
I wonder how many people will buy that story.

Good luck FW.

-Temp

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

England WNxDavott
I'm a loser, DN owns
*Insert Witty Comment*
Ok, lts see, some ok reasons in parts of that

http://i54.tinypic.com/35jwd2s.jpg
WNxDavott & WNxFatality = Dream Team
WNxDarkNyte: Sure man, you can win if you want

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxBigBird
Local Time: 01:46 PM
Official Guest
Retired
Ok then. Seems to go in detail a lot more than "not mature" :/

Thanks.

WNxCJL9788: I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

Warrior Nation

WNxDeathtrial
Unregistered
For those of you who haven't been around long, FW has spent years both in and at the head of the development department. He has more than enough experience to get the job done and is more than qualified for the position. He can and will do a good job in this position. Congrats buddy!

Enough of the disrespect. Wakko makes decisions that are in the best interest of the clan. I know this from having been here for so long. People don't always like them, but this gaming community was co-created by Wakko and he looks out for its best interests. After years and years, this place is still here and that alone speaks volumes. Some of you haven't been around as long and don't realize this yet. Tough decisions are never easy to make, but in this case, a change in development was needed and Wakko decided on someone with some of the most experience in the area.

Last edited by WNxDeathtrial; 06-15-2008 at 03:19 PM..

Warrior Nation

WNxSkitz0Boi
06-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Unregistered
As a follow on from my original post;

Obviously, Temp thought that what he was doing was right. A lot of developers were upset about the changes, but were willing to go along with them. You can see this if you just go and have a look in the section, dude. A lot of us said things along the lines of "Hell, Temp knows what he's doing. Let's follow him." You picked a leader for us to follow, and we did. Just because you don't like something he did doesn't mean you should go ahead and kick him out. Same goes for FV. Pointless, really.

Also, the two sections that you're talking about may have been popular, but if a plan is set to go, then a plan is set to go. You can't jsut think to yourself "Well hey, lets extend the starting point so we can get these guys in." As a matter of opinion, the main problem here was that they didn't give the sections enough time to actually find out about the freeze. Maybe a month in advance would have been better, but there was warning there, none-the-less.

Things like this don't just affect how WN runs, but it affects how people work together. Think about that as well as what the best things for WN are. Warrior Nation - Gaming Community. Remember that last word? Community isn't just about what runs the smoothest, or what will be the best for the clan, but about the realtionships between people.

Warrior Nation

England WNxHollow
06-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Working as Intended
Well, thanks for the explanation. I can't say it wasn't needed as the wtf response was gaining momentum. However, I'm still not sure that what's best for WN couldn't have been better achieved by taking applications. I can see the point in saying that FW did a good job before in development so it's a safe bet to choose him but you never know if there's somebody better around here unless you ask. Personally: I'd be shite but you never know what skills people have unless you ask. I think it's an unexploited oppurtunity.

ChaosbyWind: Shisno, I will sell your cell phone number... it'd bring me joy to know that he's getting hundreds of calls a day for male enhancement pills... god knows he probably needs it!

Warrior Nation

WNxXanados
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Unregistered
Like I said in previous thread. Lead well FW, and thanks to Wakko for clearing up any confusion, if any..

Warrior Nation

WNxG2Wolf
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxHollow View Post
Well, thanks for the explanation. I can't say it wasn't needed as the wtf response was gaining momentum. However, I'm still not sure that what's best for WN couldn't have been better achieved by taking applications. I can see the point in saying that FW did a good job before in development so it's a safe bet to choose him but you never know if there's somebody better around here unless you ask. Personally: I'd be shite but you never know what skills people have unless you ask. I think it's an unexploited oppurtunity.
Because that takes a month+ of time that we don't have atm?

Warrior Nation

WNxSerenity
06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Unregistered
Bull.

Complete, utter bull.

://Druscie

Warrior Nation

WNxShadowMikey
06-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Unregistered
This still does not explain...Why you said they weren't mature enough to hold the rank.

I'm Tempest. I wonder, who will believe this story.

Warrior Nation

WnxWake
06-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxSkitz0Boi View Post
Warrior Nation - Gaming Community. [/B]Remember that last word? Community isn't just about what runs the smoothest, or what will be the best for the clan, but about the realtionships between people.
You must like myspace a lot, what is the 1st word Gaming! We have to do whats Best for the Gaming part so that is the smoothest and whats best not relationships.

sorry thats why your here in the 1st place? and if your not what really do you want from this site?

wake

Closed Thread