Thread: The Pentagon Report
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

United States WNxLithiumLT
06-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Local Time: 10:07 PM
WN's Mr. Clean
Enjoy Responsibly
Orange Mark 041
The Pentagon Report
Click the image to open in full size.

June 11, 2008

This being the very first Pentagon Report, I hope you all get a sense of what I was going for. No bullshit, no filler, just news. After reading the report, I hope you all have a more clear cut view on how things are running and what has changed over the last month. With the Pentagon being such a busy place, it is sometimes hard to grasp everything that is going on and understand it all. I sincerely hope that this report will bring some changes to light. This report was and is compiled for the members. You all are what keep Warrior Nation running.

Medal Award and Voting Policy:

As previously noted in a thread posted in the Announcements by WNxAlmuric, some things have changed in this department. Generals remain the only ones to vote on the Royal Medal of Highest Achievement. All administrators will vote on the Medal of Honor, Medal of Valor, and the Medal of Zeal. All administrators and game leaders will vote on Member of the Month awards, the Medal of Declaration, and the Medal of Communication. Department medals such as the Medal of Justice, Medal of Outer Reach, Medal of Savant, Medal of Creativity, and the Medal of Resolution will remain the same and be awarded by their departments accordingly. To adjust to the new policy, a new sub-forum in the Operations Core was created for medal nominations. There, the administrators and game leaders will be able to discuss and vote together on the medals listed above. This was done in order to promote a more balanced medal awarding system as well as give game leaders more say in what happens within the Nation.

Major General Powers:

Major Generals have now been given the power to change clan-wide policy, as well as work with department changes without the aide and need of a Five Star General. Changes will occur through voting. Each proposed change will be posted in a special forum within the Pentagon where Major Generals will discuss each idea. When enough discussion has ensued, a poll will be created and the idea will be voted on. Each poll will run for a mandatory minimum of 72 hours in order to make sure that all Major Generals have the chance to vote and speak their piece. During this period, Five Star General intervention may occur and halt the voting for discussion between the other Five Star Generals. In the event of a Major General tie, Five Star Generals may be called to vote thus breaking the tie. Some clan-wide issues will require a unanimous decision to change. Some of these include creating ranks and changing major laws or policies.

Inner Sanctum Changes:

New Inner Sanctum procedures are being enforced. Grand Masters and Majors are now only allowed to submit tickets with a point value of 7 or lower. Actual forum permissions have been edited to reflect this change. If the amount of points issued results in a probation or dishonorable discharge from Warrior Nation, the Admin Support of the offenders primary game must post the Inner Sanctum request. This change speeds up the process as well as promotes more communication between game leaders and the administrators that support them.

Battle Operations Moves Out:

Formerly housed within the Operations Core, Battle Operations has now been moved out. The decision to move from the Operations Core and into their own space was internal. The move will be necessary and imperative to the expansion and evolution of the department. As many have probably noticed, the main Battle Operations forum is viewable by all members of Warrior Nation. The change should give a little insight to upcoming changes coming from the Department.

Competitive Gaming:

Through the midst of all the threads in the Clan Discussion, one thing needs to remain clear. Competitive Gaming is still under discussion and review from the beginning. The Battle Operations department has created a system for a successful implementation of competitive gaming and is waiting for full approval of some requested forum resources before beginning operations. While no official answer has been given yet, the Pentagon as a whole is asking for a little patience and time to get things sorted. While I don't have much on this subject, I hope my next report will be able to yield some more information. The Battle Operations Department will continue to update everyone through their publication, The Front Line.

Development Restructure:

In order to increase the quality of games coming out of Development, a restructure is underway. All 2nd. Lieutenants have been de-tagged. All Lieutenants will have the opportunity to reapply if they wish to continue to serve in Development. In a push to promote quality over quantity, Development will be decreasing the number of positions available. Development will run with 5-6 1st. Lieutenants and around 5-10 2nd. Lieutenants. A more rigorous application voting process will also be in place to ensure that quality officers are brought in. Because of the increased quality, Development will be able to cut down on personnel and work more efficiently. An internal forum restructure is also underway. Expect to hear more about this in the Development Dispatch.

Idea and Bug Reporting:

In order to have an organized list of bugs and ideas, a sub-domain is under construction. There, all members will have the ability to post ideas and bugs in an organized format. Once an idea has been submitted, comments can be made and the idea discussed. Upon creating a New Task on the site, users will be able to choose between Bug Report and Feature Request while selection from two categories, Website and Forum. Users will also be able to select a Severity level ranging from Very Low to Critical. As the request is looked at, administrators of the ticket system will be able to assign the project to certain people, select a priority for the ticket, assign a Due Date and update a Percent Complete bar. As the system has not been fully completed, the above selections are subject to change. Please see thumbnails for previews below.

The Pentagon Report wouldn't be possible without the help of some special individuals. I want to extend special thanks to WNxNyruu and WNxFireWraith for helping with the graphic work as well as WNxWhiteWolf for letting me peek into his work. I would also like to extend a thanks to the general membership for giving me the time and opportunity to compile such a report. I hope this report has opened up the Pentagon and promoted some upper level transparency. If you have questions or comments on any of the information I have posted in this report, please feel free to contact me in any manner.

Warrior Nation

WNxMr K
06-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Unregistered
#
It's nice to see some light shed on recent issues. Nice report, Lith.

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
06-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Awesome report Lith, was a good read, cant wait for the next one

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxBigBird
06-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Local Time: 09:07 PM
Official Guest
Retired
Great stuff Lith.!

WNxCJL9788: I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

Warrior Nation

WNxLordGene
06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Unregistered
#
Good report Lith! Same news Ive knew about and glad things are getting worked out

Warrior Nation

WNxGStenroos
06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Unregistered
#
Great report! Keep up the good work, and happy birthday

-GSten

Warrior Nation

WNxG2Wolf
06-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
#
Quote:
As many have probably noticed, the main Battle Operations forum is viewable by all members of Warrior Nation.
No it's not.... :S

Anyways, nice report.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxRoses
06-12-2008, 06:45 PM
AKA Daisy
Nice job on the report, Lithium. I wasn't expecting it to be so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxG2Wolf View Post
No it's not.... :S

Anyways, nice report.
Yeah, I think it's tags only.

Warrior Nation

WNxRawrasaur
06-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Unregistered
#
Well done on the compilation

-Rawr

Warrior Nation

WNxMnemic
06-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Unregistered
Nice report Lithy and your birthday must've opened up some room to finish publishing the report. Thank you!

Warrior Nation

WNxVucke
06-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Unregistered
Great report, can't wait for next
Well done!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxHelios
06-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Local Time: 03:07 AM
Fucking awesome. An amazing idea that has shed a lot of light on the pent for me personally. I can't wait for the next report, +rep to Lith, Nyruu, Firewraith and WW.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxMunkey
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Good to see things are becoming how they should be. Just because people have red, orange, or blue names does not mean they have the ultimate say in clan issues and can hide their decisions from the rest of us. Good to see that things are being discussed throughout the clan and that the members' voices are actually worth at least something now.

Nice report Lithium. Well written.

Warrior Nation

WNxKiTtY
06-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Unregistered
thank you so much for this report and allowing us the insiders peek! YOU DA MAN!~

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United States WNx X Wick
06-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the report. I am happy we are getting it now, it will break the admin <--> regular member wall.

Warrior Nation

WNxBlindside
06-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Unregistered
Thanks for the report Lith, good job to all involved.

Warrior Nation

WNxTheNameisJamal
06-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Unregistered
Happy to see this report out. Well done Lith.

Warrior Nation

WNxCootie
06-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Unregistered
Beautiful Report, and I must say.

THANK YOU.

For filling everyone in, and letting us all know on what is going on.

Warrior Nation

WNxNoRemorse
06-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Unregistered
Sounds like some change is underway, more is needed in my honest opinion, but it's one hell of a start.

Warrior Nation

WNxPatchaxx
06-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Unregistered
Great report Lithzor

Btw, didn't know you were on a trip too! Hope you had a good time

Closed Thread