Thread: The Winner of the Battle of the Titans - RTS Challenge 2008
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

Germany WNxToRni27
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Local Time: 04:05 AM
WarCraft III
Artanis the great
Awards
The Winner of the Battle of the Titans - RTS Challenge 2008
Click the image to open in full size.

RTS Challenge 2008
Final Scores

The Outcome

First of all, I'd like to thank all of the participants and BIG congratulations to the winners. I have reached a folder size of 77 MB in which I have saved all the evidence of this event. It was a close and exciting fight out between the Albatross18 and Battle for Middle Earth 2 sections for the 1st place. We also had some interesting battles between the third to fith place. The Albatross18 section has completed about 160 Smacktorium matches during the 60 days of this RTS Challenge. Some of you will now say: no wonder they are the largest section in WN but without the efforts WNxKiTtY has put into her section they wouldn't have reached this amount of smack points. Albatross18 is a very active section and as such they are playing game nights on a daily base. Battle for Middle Earth 2 is all about competition. They have played countless Clan Wars on the EA league site. This section is representing WN in a good light on the eSports szene.
Now you'll get some extra! I have interviewed the section leaders of the winner sections. I hope you enjoy it.

Final Rankings

Fifth Place
CnC 3 Tiberium Wars
=| 71 points |= - BotT Section Heads: WNx4ss4s1n & WNxToRni27

A very young section which has taken this challenge up and has done its best to go out with a good result. They have organized weekly trainings as well as some Smacktorium Games. They started to play on Battle of the Titans in earlier May.

Fourth Place
WarCraft 3 USWest
=| 85 points |= - BotT Section Heads: WNxERIC & WNxWatereagle

WarCraft 3 West had a great start at the very beginning in April. WNxWatereagle has tried to smack nearly everyone who he could face within the section in the first 2 weeks of this challenge. They have surely missed that this challenge goes over 2 months. There was a lot more potential and that takes them to the fourth place "only".

Third Place
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Series
=| 155 points |= - BotT Section Heads: WNxLockLear & WNxFragEmAll

Prizes:

Third Place Signature and Avatar set

$50 1v1 Tournament

WNxLockLear (Grand Master):

At the beginning of May/End of April we we're in practically in dead last with three points. I just got my GM tag and I was ready ta go! I tried posting updates and "motivational" threads to get people motivated to go to game nights to get smacking but it wasn't very effective. Then a brilliant idea spawned in Pigpen's head.. go figure. A new tournament.. the Smack Off!!! I approved. The one who smacked the most and won the most would be champion. WNxRockDiety got after it and won 1st place by a large margin. He was followed by WNxNPR and WNxSpartan2k9. After the tourney ended.. we just smacked.. and smacked and smacked. We also held several game nights to try and boost our points. And that's how we did it!! Everyone involved.. mmm well everyone that smacked!!! I'd like to thank all them! WNxFragEmAll my Battle Ops Officer for his smackage and his consistent point updating!! Also, WNxPigpen again for organizing the Smack Off!! Another big thanks goes to WNxPsyker.. he organized the biggest game night we had in a while.. with loads of games and 12+ people. I would say that the BotT did raise activity in the section and morale as we began to climb to the top. I enjoyed it and I'd like to thank the whole BotT staff for organizing it Thanks guys.

Second Place
Runner-Up

Battle for Middle Earth II
=| 774 points |= - BotT Section Heads: WNxPatchaxx, WNxAzrael, WNxsevv,
WNxWalkingOwnage & WNxDragonDisciple

Prizes:

Second Place Signature and Avatar set

$75 1v1 Tournament

WNxPatchaxx (Grand Master):

As soon the Battle of the Titans Tournament was announced, there was not a doubt in my mind that the Battle for Middlea-Earth II section would participate. I knew it would be a hard competition, like the first one in which we participated, but I also knew my section had the strengh to participate.

Right off the bat, we started to plan all the ways to get points. Two tournaments per month, 3 to 4 gamenights per week, as many CW games as possible and as many Smacktorium games as possible was our plan and that's what we did, exactly, for the last two months. What gave us the most points was CW. For an unkown reason, our members seemed a bit less interested in Smack games in general, though they played many of them and it gave us many points. Nevertheless, our CW activity has increased a lot since a couple of months and that really helped us a lot.

Motivating the members became the primary goal of the leadership team and we did all we could for it. Albatross took the lead after a few days only and started to spam Smack games, which wasn't an encouraging fact. Some would maybe have abandoned considering this spam when we notice the fact Albatross got more than 2x members than us, but it just motivated us even more. It was out of question we would abandon, even at the very the end.

As GM, I took care of requesting the points. I wanted to be 100% sure everything was requested well, mostly concerning CW which needs a lot more time and organization to request points. Our BO got computer problems after a while, so we couldn't have his services for a total of three weeks, though WNxsevv (our FO) and I managed to organize gamenights and tournaments alone. Azrael, sadly, decided to step down, because he realized his computer problems were not going to be solved soon. So, we had to switch BO around the end of the tournament. That's when WNxWalkingOwnage appeared on the scene. Even if he was promoted in the last week, he is very devoted as BO and organized a gamenight every day in the last week.

I don't consider this second place as a loss. We managed to scare the biggest secton of Warrior Nation and kept up with it for the whole BOTT. I'm proud of my section. I think we showed to Warrior Nation that the Battle of Middle-Earth II section is a small section, but it's value is the one of the biggest sections of the Nation. Our activity before the BOTT was quite good, though the BOTT got our activity even higher, which is a good thing to consider.

Thanks to WNxToRni27, who answered all my 1000 questions with patience and a good atittude, who took care of the score sheet in a fair and perfect way and took care of the whole event in general. Thanks also to WNxKiTtY, who was always there as a positive influence for my section (motivating the members+leaders), despite the fact she was our best rival. Thanks also to my leadersip team, which means WNxDragonDisciple, WNxsevv, WNxAzrael and WNxWalkingOwnage, who worked hard with me to achieve this goal. Finally, a big thanks to my members. If we went so far, it's because of you. Love ya!

First Place
The Titans. The Winner of the RTS Challenge 2008!

Albatross18
=| 1059 points |= - BotT Section Heads: WNxKomatsu, WNxSandMaster,
WNxDeadManRay & WNxKiTtY

Prizes:

First Place Signature and Avatar set

$75 1v1 Tournament

WNxKomatsu (Major):

First off, I would like to thank EVERYONE in the Albatross section for their dedication to this BoTT event.
Well, to make this as short as possible, SandMaster and DeadManRay continued holding there weekly Invitationals. We added more game nights to pretty much one a night and they deserve the credits for holding them and dedicating their time for this. The section members also deserve a lot of credit for participating in these game nights and Invitationals, to make this happen.
We had a lot of smack matches during this time. It was fun doing the smacks and getting to know section members even better than we already do.
I want to especially thank WNxKitty for her dedication to the submitting of points and the never ending push for smack matches.
I also say that WNxcandygirl needs some well known recognition for her numerous guild battles that she has done during this event.
This event didn't up the in game activity of our section as the activity has been there and continues to be awesome to this day. One of the great things about this event was that members got to play a lot of other members in 1v1 smack matches. This is a great way to up the comradeship throughout the section. For those of you that don't know about Albatross in game, doing 1v1's and versus matches is a great way to get to know the members that are playing even better than "we thought we did." There is plenty of time to chat in game doing versus matches and I believe that no other game has the same advantage of Albatross in game chat as there isn't a constant "click, scroll and click" some more atmosphere. Also a great way to learn the game better by watching other members shoot and see their shortcuts and such. We enjoyed this event and can't wait for the next one.

WNxDeadManRay (Captain Battle Ops):

Well from day one of the BoTT we had very enthousiastic people to help our section make it to the top. Evidently the first way by earning our points was getting some smacks done. After a few directions to the smacktorium, challenges really kept coming in. There was no need to persuade people, they were into it themselves. Following this line, we had some discussions within the leadership to host a smack tournament, but that has never really gotten out. Instead I thought of hosting a bash your BOs event! So with the help of sandmaster we got this down, hosted a 2v2 tourney. The concept was to put up a 2v2 smack challenge and the top 3 teams with the best score would get a medal. Other then that we organised guildbattles on regulary basis and what gave us most points towards the end, was the finding of fighting guildwars. As you can see, not a whole lot of initiatives towards BoTT. We kept our 3 invatationals on saturday, which gave us points for gamenight 5+ - 10+ people. We did host some more guildbattles, but not too much. But the smacks that were getting done in the section, that was rather a rare sight. All together I don't believe activity has gone up a lot. People just played on their normal tempo, but when they got online, they would make an extra effort to get section points. For instance, when they came on, they played a smack, fought guildwars against some selected guilds and participated in guildbattles. I found the BoTT a lot of fun, it was a head to head contest with BFME, but we kept on pushing and pushing to get some points in and in the end we ended with a +1000 score, which is HUGE ! People were enthousiastic, we gave them scoresheets from time to time to show how close it was, it only motivated them more and another 5 smacks were played in the same day . I think a special thanks is appropriate to WNxKitty and WNxSandmaster. Kitty for putting so much time and effort into collecting the section points, and for being the most enthousiastic and motivating person towards this BoTT event. Sandmaster for being supportive to kitty in collecting the points and helping me in the BO smack challenge. Also special thanks to the section! Like the BoTT stated we need YOU to collect section points and they did that with great effort! Without them we wouldn't be near #1, thx guys !

= SeriouS GaminG =

RTS Games are the ultimative gaming experience. Where skill meets fun!

Credits:
RTS Commissioners: WNxKiTtY, WNxAznKevin1
RTS Colonel: WNxToRni27
GAT - Design: WNxNyruu

Warrior Nation

United States WNxShady
06-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Local Time: 08:05 PM
WoW Characters
PLUR!
Gratz to albatross 18

So high, boys be soaring like a condor, touching down running thru grass like a lawn mower
Increase the levels in my serotonin, that kryptonite I be on it

Warrior Nation

WNxDarkAngel
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
#
Gratz to all participants but what a demonstration of ALbatross. Congratz guys. And props to kitty, I know she had a major role in this.

Warrior Nation

WNxStep07mar
06-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Unregistered
#
Congrats to all of you guys who took part, especially you top three

Warrior Nation

WNxLoco187
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Unregistered
#
well done Albatross

Warrior Nation

WNxNightHall
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Unregistered
#
Gratz guys !

Warrior Nation

WNxAragorn
06-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Unregistered
#
Congrats Albatross and BIG CONGRATS BFME2 !!!!!!!
This is great!

Warrior Nation

WNxCootie
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Unregistered
#
Congrats and well done to all that placed and to all that participated in the event! Well done everyone!

Warrior Nation

WNxInSane
06-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Unregistered
#
Congrats and well done to all that placed and to all that participated in the event! Well done everyone!

Primary: Xbox Division
Warrior Nation
Secondary: Clash of Clans

Netherlands WNxFataalFrietje
06-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Doing Things My Way
Congratulations to the Albatross section! The best RTS section?!

Get Ripped Or Die Mirin'

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
06-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Local Time: 10:05 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Gratz to all the placed, gratz to Albatross for making 1st place, keep up the good work

Warrior Nation

WNxMnemic
06-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Unregistered
Well done Albatross section! Congratulations to all of the sections!

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

England WNxDavott
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Local Time: 03:05 AM
I'm a loser, DN owns
*Insert Witty Comment*
Woot Alba! <3 gratz to other sections as well

http://i54.tinypic.com/35jwd2s.jpg
WNxDavott & WNxFatality = Dream Team
WNxDarkNyte: Sure man, you can win if you want

Warrior Nation

WNxGStenroos
06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Unregistered
Congrats albatross! Great job.

-GSten

Warrior Nation

United States WNxLithiumLT
06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Local Time: 10:05 PM
WN's Mr. Clean
Enjoy Responsibly
Congratulations!

Warrior Nation

Germany WNxJanitor
06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
WoW Characters
CSS God
Congrats to all sections. ^_^

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxBigBird
06-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Official Guest
Retired
Good job everyone, and congratulations!

WNxCJL9788: I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

Warrior Nation

WNxKiTtY
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Unregistered
WOOT GO ALBA!~ and a huge congrats to BFME!~ you guys gave us a run for our money the entire tourney!~

Warrior Nation

WNxKorsan
06-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Unregistered
congrats guys!

Warrior Nation

WNxMrBrocoli
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Unregistered
Congrats to all 5 sections!

Closed Thread