Thread: Review - Urban Terror
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

WNxL3g1t
04-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Unregistered
#
Review - Urban Terror
Review
Author: WNxMalign

Urban Terror
Click the image to open in full size.

Platform: PC
Genre Catagory: FPS
Date of Release: N/A
ESRB: M
Publisher: Silicon Ice Development/Frozen Sand, LLC
Developer: Silicon Ice Development/Frozen Sand, LLC
Rating: B
Official Site URL: http://www.urbanterror.net/news.php

Introduction

This game is a mod of Quake 3, but the great part about this game is that you don't have to download Quake 3. On the other hand, you do have to download other software in order for the game to work, but it doesn't take real long. This game is a squad based FPS, in which you team up with people, mostly from Europe, to take out the others. There are North American servers ,but the game is about a third of European players. Still, you can team up in a variety of game-types and use from a big selection of weapons, and can change in game from weapon to weapon. This game is very smooth and is fairly fast in terms of the FPS genre. Another aspect is the tons and buckets of blood, I mean it's immense. It's good to know, that when you shoot someone they can die from bleeding to death! Your bullets will never be worthless in this game.

The Teams
In this game there are two teams, where their are two guys and two girls to choose from on your profile settings in the game. The Red Dragons, in my opinion, are the street-gang like team and then you have S.W.A.T which I prefer, not only because of the uniform ,but the ways you are positioned on the map. It's basically another clash of Blue v.s. Red.

Game-Types
Free for All!
This is a favorite of mine, as well know free for all means all you can eat! No it's actual another saying for slayer. It's just you out in the open, pick your gun and get read to own or be owned. I usually like to own, but this one is on any map and all you have to do is beat the living hell out of everyone else. Shouldn't be hard, shoot them with sniper and watch them bleed to death! Or just shoot them in the face, and watch their head implode. You pick!

Team Deathmatch
Basically, you and your teammates work together to accumulate kills and at the end of each one minute round the team with the most kills wins. The only draw back is the team killers, but don't worry, just watch your back and you will be just fine.

Team Surviver
You and your team work together and the hunted and the hunter, being both is hard eh? You have to keep an eye on your teammate and yourself, because one kill and you are out. The last man standing for their team wins. It may be hard because some fools like to team kill, but still it's very fun, especially if you have at least 16 players in the room.

Follow the leader
This game-type is fairly new to me, but it's very fun because I got to be the leader once. Points are scored in this game if the leader touches the flag(+5),your teams kills the other team with the guy in charge still alive, very difficult if your leader is a newbie (+3), or if you kill the whole enemy team with your leader dead(+1). This game is creative and very good in big servers. The only problem is, when you spawn you might not know who is the leader. It gets fun as it carries on.

Capture and Hold
This game-type is very similar to capture the flag, but instead the flags are positioned around the map, and it's your job to find the flag and hold as long as you can without dying to score a point. Not a favorite of mine, but it's pretty good, because the flags are positioned randomly, and if your lucky you can find a good hiding spot, then no one will find you...well maybe!

Capture the Flag
The one and only, yes my friends, Capture the Flag! This game-type should be known to all of you, if not shame on your souls . You get the flag from the enemy base, and run your ass off to return it. If your lucky, you might score without having a sniper hit you from behind. This game-type is the most fun in the entire game!

Bomb/Defuse
Well this is a little something from Counter Strike, in which your time has to plant the bomb on a corresponding target to get the win. The other team can win by killing off your team, or defusing the planted bomb. This game-type is pretty fun if you have enough people, and patience.

The Weapons

Okay my friends, lets have the killing begin with these great weapons:

KaBar Next Generation Knife
This is the standard knife in the game, that makes your more agile and easier to get around. It's good for running the flag and trying to get out of tight spots when you are getting fired at in game.

Beretta 92FS
This is another standard weapon in Urban Terror, where it is very good if you are a pro in accuracy, but doesn't do a lot of damage ,but makes it up with the 15rpm.

IMI .50 AE Desert Eagle
This weapon is very, I mean very good for accuracy because of its nice recoil, but the damage isn't that great, unless you strike the upper right part of the body, which can make your enemy bleed to death. With just 7 rpm, it's not very likely that you will get off enough shots, but still very good for the leet players in the game.

Franchi SPAS12 Shotgun
This gun is very good for inflicting major damage to make your opponent bleed to death, with it's accuracy and great damage you are very likely to rack up kills with this gun. The only problem I have with this gun is the recoil and reload times that it takes up.

Heckler & Koch UMP45
This weapon is pretty good, but it's burst fire, so the accuracy on this weapon is pretty bad. Still you are likely to get a few good kills with this gun, and maybe even headshots. It has a decent amount of rounds with 25rpm. This is an okay gun, but their are better and bigger guns out there.

Heckler & Koch MP5K
I prefer this gun over its cousin, the Heckler & Koch UMP45 because it has a better rpm(30) and it's very smooth in game. I mean smooth by a nice recoil and if you are in long range you are more than likely to strike a hit with this gun.

Heckler & Koch HK69
This gun, is basically a grenade launcher with immense power. I would prefer it for the newbies or the pros looking for fast kills in order to get a good score in game. This weapon is cool, but you might hurt yourself or teammates using it up close. It's not a good chance that it will hit your teammate either, because the attacks are very easy to dodge.

ZM Weapons LR300ML
I like this weapon for two reasons, one being the decent amount of rpm and it has a good accuracy rate. I use this weapon a lot in game, and I can tell you from experience that you will rank up a good amount of kills if you use this weapon.

Kalashnikov AK-103
We all love the ak's . This gun is very powerful and a good one to use, but the recoil is just so damn horrible it makes it impossible to have over 1% accuracy with this gun.

Heckler & Koch G36E
It's another Heckler & Koch, , this time the G36E. This weapon is similar to the AK, but it's a bit smoother and nicer on the recoil. Compared to the other Heckler & Koch's, I believe this is the best one.

Heckler & Koch PSG-1
Where are the snipers at? This is the PSG-1 and is one of the best snipers, in my opinion, in the game. The accuracy is great and if your good you are very likely to get a hit off this one. Usually does around 90% to 100% damage if you hit from the torso or up. Don't forget to get headshots and watch the heads splatter as you hit them in the face!

Remington SR-8
A bit similar to the PSG-1, except this is Bolt Action so it's probably going to do more damage, but the recoil is not as good as the one on the PSG-1.

IMI NEGEV LMG
The Negev, is just an awesome weapon with many rounds per minute and very good damage on the enemy. Even one shot of this weapon, will make your enemy bleed to death.

M-4
This weapon has it all, the good recoil, accuracy, rate of fire, and damage. This is the one to start off with if you are going to start playing the game.

Urban Terror Community
The people in this game are mostly EU, but the community is growing and growing everyday. More people play and download this game to have fun, and I believe in the future, this will be up there with the other games. Even though it has been out for a while and the graphics are out of date, the game has good and smooth texture that goes well with the game play that attracts players. People in game tell me that they have been playing this game from the start. They also have a community on the TWL, Teamwarfare ladder. This community is growing and growing and has a very good clan based system. People play together for fun and in the TWL for fun and to declare themselves as the best, as everyone wants to do in the community of Urban Terror.

Why should you get this game?
The combat in this game is just great, especially depending upon the many of the maps that you can play on and the great ability of how the teamwork can be useful. You can have the ability to heal each other when dying and the Follow the Leader is very good. This game also has a friend system to keep up with your in game friends. Just because it's outdated, doesn't mean the game is bad because this game has the aspects of Rainbow Six and Counter Strike combined to make a good game, and with the fast pace in the game it is amazing. I was playing in a match, the game type was follow the leader, and we had a lot of fun because we gave each other tips, and were able to locate each other on the map because on the bottom of your screen their is a map that is very detailed and can show you where you and your teammates are. For CTF, it can show you where the person with the flag is. This game is very team oriented and would do perfect in leagues, just like it is now on TWL.

My Opinion
This game is great and deserves a place in Warrior Nation because of it's fan base. It has a very nice community that is willing to help you out, NA or EU, it wont matter because you will have fun! I have played for a half a week now, and I got to say that this is a very good FPS, may not be in the top of the list, but it is on the list! I would recommend every great FPS gamer to give this game a shot. If you like Counter Strike, Soldier Front, Halo, and Dystopia this game is for you. Be sure to download the extra stuff and follow the directions when gaming then you will be able to play with the growing community and even help out Warrior Nation get a clan started in there!

Our of a possible 5, I give this game a 4!

Last edited by WNxChange; 04-28-2007 at 12:39 PM..

Primary: Xbox Division
Warrior Nation

Canada WNxChange
04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Local Time: 03:40 PM
Development FPS
Omnia Passim
A kickass new review on a great looking game, Urban Terror.

Enjoy the read folks and don't forget to rep the author!

"Brothers a idiot, he should have ran faster." - WNxSabrina

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_wyfM2-ie-g - My car flipped over =\

Warrior Nation

WNx-Tempest
04-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Unregistered
#
Good job maggy, I'm glad you covered some vital points to the game. Well done.

-Temp

Warrior Nation

WNxLeon
04-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Unregistered
#
Great review fun game im playing it rigth now REPZOR :p

Warrior Nation

WNxVaught
04-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Unregistered
#
Nice review! In fact, Im going to DL it and play right now. +rep

Warrior Nation

WNxIceKiller
04-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Unregistered
#
Nice one mate
I enjoyed reading

IceKiller + ReP

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Clash of Clans

Netherlands WNxFataalFrietje
04-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Local Time: 12:40 AM
Doing Things My Way
great one man, keep it up.

Get Ripped Or Die Mirin'

Warrior Nation

WNxRogueSquad
04-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Unregistered
#
great review + rep

Warrior Nation

United States WNxRidgeRacer
04-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Good review man keep it up. Hope you write more.

Just drive cause you love it
Drive for pure victory.

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Awesome review man, looks like a sweet game

Warrior Nation

WnxDragon9114
05-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Unregistered
this game looks like fun.

i am going to download right now

Warrior Nation

WNxpleX
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Unregistered
VERY NICE, good job man. +rep from deabl0 =p

Warrior Nation

WNxShaltNot
05-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Unregistered
is it free? looks great. =)

Warrior Nation

WNxTheNameisJamal
05-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Unregistered
Great looking review bro! Loved the detail.

Warrior Nation

WNxL3g1t
05-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
The game is free. Ty for the praise guys ^_^

Warrior Nation

WNx MrRose
05-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Unregistered
keep that uP! nice

Warrior Nation

WNxSprocket
05-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
awesome review m8, enjoyed every bit of it, probably try it out myself sometime its made.

Sprock

Warrior Nation

WNxBadNews
05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Unregistered
wkd review man i fink il hav to look in to this game

Warrior Nation

WNxMeds
05-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Unregistered
hmmm i might download this game in a few days after i am free from being capped

Warrior Nation