Thread: Preview - Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

WNxBrainHacker
10-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Unregistered
#
Preview - Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King
Preview
Author: WNxBrainHacker

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King
Click the image to open in full size.

Platform: PC
Genre Catagory: RTS
Date of Release: 28 November 2006
ESRB: E10+
Publisher: EA
Developer: EA
Rating: A
Official Site URL: www.ea.com

Intro
Battle for Middle Earth 2 is the kings of all the RTS games. The graphics is awesome, the game play is awesome, but now. With the changes of the Rise of the Witch-king, its going to be even better.
Rise of the Witch-king wont contain many peaces of the movie but peaces you read in the books. You ever seen an Angmarian in the movies? Well, I dont, but I know they were in the books!

Story/Background
I think many members here know the story of the Lord of the Rings. But Im sure not half of them read the books! So here it is!

Long has the Dark Lord Sauron suppressed the forces of goodness, long they have lived in fear and danger. But it is now almost 3000 years ago since the forces of goodness ended this. Elves and Men together Marched to the lands of Sauron. The fight began, and ended up in a victory. But then, the Dark Lord Sauron showed up with hes terrible big mace. He killed one man after another. Then, the king of Gondor, Isildur, stepped up, he got crushed by the mace of Sauron. Hes son, Isuldur wanted to safe hes life. He ran to hes dead father. He saw Sauron and tried to pick up hes fathers sword. Sauron stepped on it, the sword broke in pieces. Isuldur picked up one of the pieces and cutted of the finger of Sauron. The finger with the One Ring Sauron made in the lava of Mount Doom. Isildur took the ring for himself. Later, he got killed by several Orcs. Hes corps, and the ring, sank to the bottom of a river..

A 1000 years ago. The ring got found by the Hobbit Smeagol. He got banned out of hes homeland because he killed hes friend. Why? Because hes friend found the ring first by falling in the river Isildur dropped the ring in. Smeagol wanted the ring, the Hobbits began to fight. Smeagol killed hes friend Deagol and picked up the ring. My precious, its mine, my own
The 9 Nazgul huntws this ring for long and still hunting it. Eh? Still hunting it? The ring got destroyed right? No, not in the Rise of the Witch-king. In the Campaign, you will get into the body of the Witch-king. With it, you will begin a long journey toppling the Humans!

Loads of new stuff!
-The new Faction of Angmar, led by the Witch-King
-New units for all 7 factions
-A new campaign following the Witch-Kings invasion of Angmar
-Improved Create-A-Hero and War of the Ring modes
-An improved artificial intelligents, this means the computer enemy will be better
-8-12 New multiplayer maps
-Units will now be able to move in formation

The faction of Angmar
EA hasnt told us much about the Rise of the Witch-King yet. But there are a few things we already know. We asked them if there is going to be a new faction on the good side to make it more balanced. EA answered no.
The buildings of Angmor will be based on the spiky armour of the Witch-King. Click the image to open in full size.

The units of Angmar
Quote:
So far we have seen Orcs (with shields) and Orc and Rhuadaur spearmen, and well as two special new magic units - the Thrall Master, which can summon units to the battle, and the Sorcerer, which can cast spells with the energy gained by the deaths of their acolytes. In addition, there will be warg/wolf riders and snow trolls which will serve as cavalry. The Angmar siege unit is trebuchet-like in appearance, manned by trolls, and seems to have an upgrade which will give the stone snowy trails as they fly through the air. And yes, the orcs will be upgradaeble.
Click the image to open in full size.

Heroes of Angmar
We all know, of course, the Witch-King will be their main leader, he can mount a horse.
There will also be a troll named Rogash.

Powers
We only know 3 powers yet.
-Avalanche. This power can put out a fire and it will do heavy damage to everything it hits.
-Shade of Wolf. This power summons a giant werewolf. Its a fast moving creature that is like strong as the Balrog. He can eat units to gain health. He can also call a pack of wolves to help him.
-Chill Wind. This power sucks units into a central area. This power is perfect to set up an Area-Of-Effect spell like Worth of Power.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9...iseofthtn4.jpg

Thrall masters and Sorcerers
The thrall master can summon a battalion of creatures, Angmar Orcs or Rhaduar Spearmen. Once he did this. He will be the banner carrier of this battalion.

The sorcerer will be surrounded by 6 acolytes, which he kills when he uses one of hes 2 basic spells. Players will be able to give him spells like in Create-A-Hero.

Quote:
-Black Ice: Slows units in the area by 25%. Kills one acolyte.

-Soul Freeze: Prevents units its cast upon to move, attack (or be attacked), or receive upgrades. Can be cast on friendly units. Kills 2 acolytes.

-Corpse Rain: Units in area take heavy magic damage. Kills 4 acolytes, and costs 300 to access beforehand.

-Well of Souls: A damage-over-time spell that turns anyone who dies from it into a Barrow-Wight that will fight for the Witch-king.

Players will have to be careful as for when to use the spells, for doing so will deprive the Sorcerer of bodyguards. Over time the acolytes are eventually replaced.
Create-A-Hero. There will be a new troll class. If you buy very heavy and high damage spells. The hero will cost more Ingame. There will also be more clothes and weapons.

My Oppinion
Well, EA hasn't told us everything about the Rise of the Witch-King yet. There are pretty much things we don't know yet. Hopefully they will tell us soon! If they will, I'll tell everyone as soon as I can. I'm deffenitaly going to buy this expansion. I hope you will do that to!

For screenshot go =l Here l=

For an interview with Amer Ajami(developer)
Go l= Here l=

For more, trailers and interviews, go =l Here l=

This is an extremely good video. You don't have to download it! Go =l Here l=

Warrior Nation

WNxTyger
10-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Unregistered
#
New Preview for you all here .

Btw Brain...you're on a roll aren't you? Got too much time on your hands?

Warrior Nation

WNxGerbilator
10-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Unregistered
#
http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=229129

Ahum, I did the same preview of the same game, 2 months aga =p Anyway still nice
Yeah, you have few more details. Good I say

Warrior Nation

WNxMr K
10-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Unregistered
#
Way to capture the basics and using the limited information that's out there. Nice job on the preview Brain!

Warrior Nation

WNxMechmat
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
#
Nice work buddy, but i think u should write "his", instead of "he's"...
And, it's Word of Power, not worth of power.
Naaa i'm finding only mistakes. Great job my friend!!!!

Last edited by WNxMechmat; 10-09-2006 at 01:45 PM..

Warrior Nation

WNxBrainHacker
10-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Unregistered
#
Aye! Thx all. I haven't got that much time, but the time I have, I like to spent in somthing worth it!

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxDutchBlaze
10-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Local Time: 02:32 PM
very cool cant wait at the release of the game must have

grtz lost

Prestige 20+30 Modern Warfare 3 KD 2.15

Warrior Nation

WNxsevv
10-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Unregistered
#
cool, noce work brain hackey(ur new nick name)

Warrior Nation

WNxHmmm
10-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Unregistered
#
Very nice preview BrainHacker. Looking forward to seeing this game released!

Warrior Nation

WNxGUTBOMB
10-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Unregistered
Nice job laying out the information. Im getting a little burnt out on the RTS genre, but might be worth a look.

Warrior Nation

WNxKTheoden
10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Unregistered
looks great bro keep up the good work.

-Theo

Warrior Nation

WNxCiGaWeeDXL
10-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Unregistered
nice 1 looks like another game in gunna have to buy nice job

XL

Warrior Nation

WNxPois0n
11-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Unregistered
Nice informative review, good screenshots to. Not a fan of LotR though.

Warrior Nation

WNxT0m
11-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Unregistered
Great Review Brainhacker thoes SS are sweet + Rep

TOm!

Warrior Nation

WNxTheNameisJamal
11-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Unregistered
Nice preview Hacker, keep up the good work.

Warrior Nation

WNxLT7
11-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Unregistered
graphics look really good for an rts

Warrior Nation

WNxSilentHunter
12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Unregistered
New unit formations and new units...sounds like it will be a nice addition to BFME II.

Thnx for the helpful review.
Silent

Warrior Nation

WNxPlaguedBullets
12-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Unregistered
As it was said many times,
Great review!
I like the visual layout of it. I'm not sure exactly but I thinks it's the positioning of the pictures along with the out-standing red titles. (basic but very effective)

Closed Thread