Thread: Preview:Titan Quest
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

WNxSho
10-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Unregistered
#
Preview:Titan Quest
Titan Quest

Platform: PC
Genre: RPG
Date of Release: Spring 2006
Publisher: Iron Lore
Developer: THQ

Hello once again true gamers, WNxSho here to give you a look into a the new hack and slash game from Iron Lore.
When you were in Junior High you read all about Greek,Roman,and Egyptian mythology and you dreamed of what it was like if you were there battling the ancient monsters you were reading about. Well I can not make that come totally true for you, but what I can do is show and tell you about a game based on ancient mythology.

Titan Quest takes you into the ancient worlds of the Parthenon, the maze of Knossos, the Great Pyramids and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon .To where you get to battle ancient monsters of myth such as Golems,Cyclops,and Medusa.

Click the image to open in full size.

The game will be designed to challenge players in a single player mode with 30 to 40 hours of game play when going through the campaign on one difficulty level. You will also have three levels of difficulty, a flexible class system with 28 different possible classes, and randomized monsters and loot. That will give you allot of replay of the game over and over so you will not get bored with this game within week can play as a male or female character. The game does not have fixed character classes such as warrior, mage or rogue. Instead, we have a flexible class system where you can create your own class by picking two mini-classes from eight possible options. This system, you will be able to create a class to really match your play style. If you want to be a warrior and throw fireballs, or be a warrior and have a healing pet, or just be a great warrior, you can create a class that supports that type of game play that fits your own style of play.

It does feature nice twists to your spell system. You have spell families, where points can be put into the main spell, such as a fireball, to increase its power. But spell points can also be put into modifier spells, such as splash damage, damage over time or multiple shots, giving the main spell different attributes. This system is nice in a few ways. Hardcore players can customize their skills in ways that compliment their style of play. Also, no skills become obsolete, because your skills are not superseded by others (fireball being superseded by firestorm, for example), and the modifier spells will keep the main spell competitive throughout the game.

When it comes to being a hack and slasher you have 4 ways to be a Warrior type in this game. You are given 4 ways to boost your hacking and slashing with the classes,Warfare, Stealth, Defense and Hunting skills set boost your melee combat stronger and with more effects than super damage hits. For example if you have a Hunting skill, Call of the Hunt, where the character sounds a call on their horn (in the game, the character actually pulls out a hunting horn) and it increases their overall speed of those of their allies. You could then put points into one of its modifier skills that would give you and your allies bonus damage against beast-type creatures while Call of the Hunt was active.

You also can also have pet monsters such as a 6 foot spider you summon to help you and your party .Feel like being evil?How about a 10 Chimera?Still not your type of pet or summon monster for you?How about a 8 foot fire golom?Titan Quest offers you allot of unique summon monsters you get to choose from to make every gamer happy with having large amount of monsters to choose from.

Now comes to everyone's favorite part where you get to learn about the armor and weapons .Now you can buy armor or you can pick it up off a monster you just killed .Yes in this world when a monster dies you can get his armor and use it .For example, a Centaur Elder might be wearing an Outrider's Tunic, which is a special piece of centaur armor. A Centaur is larger than the player, so if you killed him, he'd drop a player-wearable Outrider's Tunic that had exactly the same attributes and looked very similar.

Now the same will go for the weapons you can buy your weapons at vendors threw out the world but the best ones will be found when you are out killing monsters .There is rumored to be over 1,500 pieces of custom equipment .With hundreds of magical and rare modifiers with unique names that combine with the equipment giving it a special name and potentially powerful attribute enhancements .Equipment can even have multiple magical modifiers that could come together to create such exotic items as an Incandescent Falcata of the Immortals.(OWNAGE)

Now lets talk about some of the fun things you get to kill in this game. Now remember you will not always be able to just walk up to a monster and kill it with one hit cause the monsters get to wield and use magical weapons as well(no more monsters with just rusty knifes).Many of the monsters are inspired by ancient mythology. Picture having a huge multi-headed Hydra stalk you in a dark swamp without you even knowing it to the last minute,then dropping a world of fireball hurt all over you and your party .When you are in the tombs of Egypt you are attacked by mummies,but the hard part is you have to burn off their wrappings then kill the skeleton inside to defeat the monster,then after you get 4 sec's to regroup a giant golom comes to life to smash you and your party.

The game is not just single player there is a multi player to this game which will make the game harder cause monsters are generated to challenge you .So if you are lvl 4 the monsters will be generated to fit your monster,BUT if you are partied with a lvl 14 the monster will be spawned to fit the difference between you and it will have the armor class and weapons to match the difference aswell.As of right now they are not saying how many people you can in your party but they are saying you will only control your character,no more of trying to control a party of 6 people that will drive you nuts after about 30 mins.The key factor is you only have to worry about you and whoever you party with. The only NPC's you find in this game are the ones in town to buy items from or to give you quests. So no more of that stupid computer npc getting killed which in turn gets you killed.

The worlds of Titan Quest are huge. You can run for along time to reach different cities within this game .It does feature a day and night cycle to show the time difference within this world. You can start out in ancient Greece and run all day and part of the night to reach ancient Rome .I love the fact that there is finally a game that gives you light and day within the game(Stealth mode Rogue baby).There is a difference in the cities and villages like more rpg games have been coming to show of late .No more cookie cutter every town the same size. The cities will be very large and have allot of vendors within them,where the villages are more like rest stops offering maybe 2 or 3 vendors in them. All the worlds will run seamless into one another so it is one huge world with no load screens in between different map sections. The one thing I feel is a huge draw,is the way the way you can run the road from town to town or just go off exploring for hours hoping you may find a huge group of monsters to kill and maybe get the elite items. Oh and it is not just regular graphics out there,trees and grass will blow in the wind,cast shadows on the ground when it is high noon,AND when you cast a fire spell you actually burn spots on the landscape.

My final thought on this game is AWESOME.The graphics seem to be top notch,the play and set up appeals to even the most hardcore RPG fan out there .With all the different combos to make your weapons there will be HOURS trying to make the most powerful weapon out there. The way you have to do more than 1 click kill monsters and actually think about how to kill them makes it a challenge for questing .I love the way you only have to focus on your character only and not worry about a trail of npc's behind you.
I do believe this is a game to buy and own
I do believe we should bring this into Warrior Nation

sources,IGN,Titanquestgame.com,and gamespot.

Last edited by WNxSho; 10-15-2005 at 05:11 AM..

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxBeowulf
10-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Local Time: 01:37 PM
WoW Characters
Resident Archer
Nephalim
28 classes ??? HOLY SHIT. Def owrth taking a look, mate.

*adding game to wishlist*

For those who seek perfection there can be no rest on this side of the grave.

Warrior Nation

WNxPaladin
10-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Unregistered
#
Nice, Really impressive, you can be sure I will take alot..but Its not so good to see that all the latest RPG's the comes out(besides couple of exeptionals) are hack & slash...where are the good old days of Baldur's gate and plantscape torment

Warrior Nation

WNxShadeElf
10-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Unregistered
#
Looks like a interesting game, I will look more into it.

Warrior Nation

WNxThade
10-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Unregistered
#
Excellent preview Sho, very well done.
Only one little comment, run it through a spell checker first to avoid a few typing errors that you made.

Warrior Nation

WNxSho
10-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Unregistered
#
dude my spell checker is on the fritz

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxFireWraith
10-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Where's the eye candy. I mean seriously, you were the one who taught me that trick back when I was a King's Guard. You and Thorin.

Other then that, hot stuff.

9/10 (<- 9.5 if it had eye candy)

Warrior Nation

WNxMunkey
10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Unregistered
#
I will deffinetly have to look into this. Looks like an improvement of D2!

<3

Warrior Nation

WNxSensi
10-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Unregistered
#
thats a game I wanna check, it looks great

Warrior Nation

WNxawp666
10-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Unregistered
Nice review the game looks ok dont no if i will be trying it out though

Warrior Nation

WNxMoFo
10-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxBeowulf
28 classes ??? HOLY SHIT. Def owrth taking a look, mate.

*adding game to wishlist*
All hail that.

Its 3d Diablo II. That's THE f'in shits. Im buying it.

Warrior Nation

WNxWoppican
10-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Unregistered
its worth checking out definatly

Warrior Nation

WNxSho
10-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Unregistered
there ya go thade error free I went and bought me a new spell checker

Warrior Nation

WNxGoNzO
10-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Unregistered
wow looks fun, i need something new anyway. ty

Warrior Nation

WNxPyro
10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxShadeElf
Looks like a interesting game, I will look more into it.
indeeded

but nice report and i must say nice screenys

Warrior Nation

WNxBobafett
10-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Unregistered
WOW! It's definitely got a Diablo 2 feel. >

I'll be buying this game for sure.

Warrior Nation

WNxKalyse
10-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Unregistered
yer I agree it was a nice report but I dont know if I like the way the game looks.

Warrior Nation

WNxSho
10-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Unregistered
how can you not like the way it looks?

every person who plays RPG's will admit for free online play it ROCKS

Warrior Nation

WNxMoFo
10-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxSho
how can you not like the way it looks?

every person who plays RPG's will admit for free online play it ROCKS
FREE ONLINE PLAY TOO?!

*Beats Off*

Im getting it. D2. Free Play. >Graphics Than D2.

miopdM!/

Warrior Nation

WNxSho
01-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Unregistered
I am bumping this up since they are talking about it and wanting to add it to the games we do support

Closed Thread