Thread: BSOD - System Failure. Bwoop Bwoop. Sy..st...
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Primary: Minecraft
Warrior Nation

Canada WNxKinote
02-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Local Time: 01:04 AM
BSOD - System Failure. Bwoop Bwoop. Sy..st...
Solved - All hail System Restore
^ I honestly didn't expect that to work. ^

What a new and delightful experience; BSOD's on boot (including in Safe Mode) that seem to have come from nowhere.

After Startup Repair eventually finishes its seemingly never ending attempt to repair things (or a hour or two pass and I cancel it), I'll get some more information on the content of the BSOD in question.

Series of events from not broken to sudden panic:

Last night I was making an image of my main drive with DriveImage XML (using a shadow snapshot, since I was booted on C at the time and MiniXP is not fond of GPT drives), along with copying the contents of my two backup drives onto my new 3TB storage drive (which I will then copy to its 3TB friend). When I woke up this morning everything seemed fine, I ran Beyond Compare to check that everything I wanted got copied over and went back for a nap.

Sometime during nap, I notice that the power had gone out for a few seconds.

When I check the computer this time I notice that it can no longer see the 3TB drive so I cycle power on my handy dock a few times; no response. I decide that rebooting the whole rig might be the best course of action (note: Holy shit was I ever wrong), after POST and the Window's logo I am greeting with a BSOD.

No big deal, I'll just hop into Safe Mode. ...BSOD.

So now I'm letting Startup Repair try to fix whatever mess seems to have been created and searching for a solution when it inevitably notifies me of its failure. (Which occurred at 1639EST.)

Last edited by WNxKinote; 02-06-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Of every One-Hundred men on the battlefield, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters... We are lucky to
have them... They make the battle, ah but the One, one of them is a Warrior... and He will bring the others back. -Hericletus c. 500 B.C-