Thread: Woodcutting - Quick oaklog restack
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Minecraft

Belgium WNxTwhiz
11-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Cookie.?
Woodcutting - Quick oaklog restack
I'm making this thread to show you guys my methode of getting logs really fast.
The number of people knowing this is surprisingly low, even though it's fast and easy.

You can make this as fancy looking and as complicated as you want, I'm going to show you the main idea behind this, and how I usually make them.
I'll start of showing you how you can make this fancy, because people seem to like fancy woodfarms. Although, as I'll show you later you can make this just easy and compact.

Here you can see what I actually build:
Click the image to open in full size.
It's really simple, you just build a rectangle where you want to plant saplings (the part where I added the dirt) I usually do it 2 thick, it's faster and still easy enough.
8 blocks above it you put glas blocks, because you want sunlight to come through, but still something to prevent the trees from growing into tall trees.

That's really all you need, simple as that, when you place your saplings and bonemeal them (or just leave them) you will create a solid block of logs, ready for you to harvest.
But what I do, usually, is dig out the 2 walkways (1 block lower) so the saplings are eye-hight to bonemeal, so you can just walk across while rightclicking bonemeal.
I've also placed slabs 2 blocks away from where the tree starts, because the leaves grow to 2 leaves out, so if you'd place them at where the tree is, you wont be able to get out quickly without having to break the leaves everytime.

Here is how it looks when it's fully grown:

But when I play survival, which is the only reason you'd make this, I usually keep it simple, don't spend too many resources on it.
This is how I usually build it when I'l in survival:

Now the math:
I realised I made this 1 too small in the screenshots while writing this, if you go 2rows of 7 trees, you need 14 saplings and 14 bonemeal, but you'd get at least 56 blocks (smallest possible trees) in no time.

In the example I gave you will get about 48 logs (at least) every harvest, which is also good, but you probably wont ever get a full stack from 1 harvest ever.

One last tip, I suggest you build this when you have bonemeal, or at least use it when you do. It works when you don't have bonemeal, but when you don't have bonemeal some trees take longer to grow (the last ones) and it'll be just faster if you go into the woods get your logs.
Also this only works for oak trees, haven't seen it work for any other treetype yet.

To summarize:
  • Easy to build
  • As fancy and as complicated as you want
  • Glass roof to prevent tall trees but to let sunlight through
  • Go 1 block lower to bonemeal on eye-sight
  • Solid block of wood (at least 4 high)
  • ONLY for oak logs
  • Recommanded for bonemeal use

Last edited by WNxTwhiz; 11-01-2012 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Me and my math failure
Look at my Bard, my Bard is amazing!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxCuarson
12-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Local Time: 03:00 AM
Here is how I get my wood:

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Minecraft

Belgium WNxTwhiz
01-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Cookie.?
I like the way you have a cheat mod installed (chestfinder), nice mod for stealing and griefers.
And the way you spam through a subforum for +1 without even reading, just looking at screenshots

Look at my Bard, my Bard is amazing!