Thread: HOTS thoughts?
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

United States WNxNextfear
12-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Local Time: 03:53 AM
HOTS thoughts?
Wondering if it's any good since I got invited. I heard it was pretty easy

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThrawn
12-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Local Time: 10:53 AM
WoW Characters
It's easy to learn, hard to master. Extremely team dependent, very much to my liking.

I have yet to play in a pre-made team and have thus been stuck with solo'ing on Versus, dropping me with a wide range of people. It can be hell, which is where the biggest complainers run rampants, being terribly offensive to others whilst often being the source of the issues.
However, most of my games played have been very enjoyable, whether they were a win or a loss.

I especially like being able to overcome a bad start, pre-disposition or whatever cause that has led you to fall behind on the other team. I have lost games with an initial 3-level advantage and won games with the exact opposite.

My current favourite heroes to play are Abathur, Brightwing, Zagara and Tychus. Abathur being absolutely fantastic for pressuring the opposite team through symbiosis. Being able to build a pressure build based on that skill, or a lane pressure build which will decimate any lane you focus on.

Brightwing is a healer pur-sang, without any equal. Most matches I am able to heal my team through any form of opposition, netting 0 deaths in the team and 30+ kills. All whilst still doing a fair amount of damage (and CC'ing).

Zagara is often expected to pressure lanes. However, focusing on your flying bastards will completely decimate opposing teams who have no idea how to deal with your amazing heal on Creep and the constant bombardement by minions.

Tychus displaces, disrupts and destroys complete enemy teams and minion waves with grenades, while highly pressuring them with your AoE minigun. Fantastic.

Personally, I am very much excited by the game and cannot wait until' my friends have the ability to team up with me. Currently I'm the only one in.

(Ojan23): do you got tattoos?
(Ojan23): you probably have like a scuba depth gauge on your weiner and just don't tell anyone

Warrior Nation

12-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Guess I'll give it a go since it has a lot of blizzard universe characters that I'm familiar with having played warcraft wow and starcraft

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDiGGz
12-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Local Time: 04:53 AM
I enjoy it i find it easy to learn, i enjoy no Item buying. Finally a game developed on the Heroes it self than Oh lets have gear to just make a Champ OP. Only thing bout this game i dont like is Heroes Cost a Fortune In Game Credits and Real Money! Guess Blizzards Wants more of our MONEY

Warrior Nation

United States WNxRabbit
12-30-2014, 12:10 AM
Honorable Discharge
Space Cadet
I fully agree with DiGGz here on the money grab. But otherwise, it's a fairly decent game with not too large of a learning curve. It's definitely something fun to play without worrying about "tryharding."

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDiGGz
12-30-2014, 05:57 AM
I also find alot of people complaining at the beginning of the games too.... Not that its something to worry bout cause if u played DOTA2 or League your use to it but i find it funny on HOTS cause people take one death like its end of the world when in HOTS its more bout the objective that killing a Hero cause theres no weapons to be bought.... so there no bull crap over powering weapon to make someone fed.

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThrawn
12-30-2014, 08:10 AM
WoW Characters
Personally I heavily disagree with it being a money grab and a low gold income. The 'low' gold income makes focusing on a single character be much more prominent and even necessary. In addition, a 10k hero is able to be bought with a mere 1-2 weeks of playing by solely doing the dailies. Any additional playing will only speed up that process.

You are not forced to buy 10- or 15k heroes, there are plenty of cheap heroes that perform leagues better than some of the expensive ones.

(Ojan23): you probably have like a scuba depth gauge on your weiner and just don't tell anyone

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDiGGz
12-30-2014, 02:58 PM
yea but thats only during BETA. When game Launches it will be harder to Level and Gain Gold.... If not they will loose money and Blizzard isn't going to have that.

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThrawn
12-30-2014, 03:22 PM
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxDiGGz View Post
yea but thats only during BETA. When game Launches it will be harder to Level and Gain Gold.... If not they will loose money and Blizzard isn't going to have that.
I haven't read or heard about them making gold-gain steeper. In fact, quite the opposite; giving rewards to level 15>, as opposed to the way it is now.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxRabbit
12-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Honorable Discharge
Space Cadet
I'd prefer HotS to implement DotA 2's system of all free heroes and make cosmetic changes a paid factor. As it stands now, if you're playing a game or two a night, good luck getting all the characters in a timely manner. I do like the daily rewards though, but maybe add a difficulty slider to it also? So it's almost a gamble on whether or not you can get a large amount of gold but have a difficult task to complete (and win).

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDiGGz
12-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Daily's are okay... Gold Amount not as good as u would hope. But like i said Blizzard doesnt make anything free look at WoW for as many years the game been around and still not free to play only til level 20.... which isnt enough to know the game. DOTA2 system is nice but alot of games are doing that like Strife (which i also enjoy) isnt bout buying heroes its bout buying skins and pets. I just feel Blizzard took a big step in money making by making each char a different price... Why not like somekind of coin cost or credit. I know why they make more money by a single price than making coins if they did coins ppl would wait for heroes to be like 50-60% off and buy up to three with like $10 bucks instead of spending $20 for same amount a heroes.

Warrior Nation

01-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Yea the heroes did seem really expensive, but I do like how it's team oriented fighting where the individual isn't rewarded as much

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDiGGz
01-05-2015, 09:36 AM
exactly i think only best thing is when game goes open that they will have hero sales.... hopefully cause if not no way ill pay $10 for heroes, with saying that If that doesnt change I'll be dropping this game like a hot potato.

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThrawn
01-05-2015, 12:26 PM
WoW Characters
How is playing 1-2 weeks for a hero an exuberance?

I agree that the monetary prices of heroes is quite expensive, but personally I won't be investing any cash in the game anyways.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDiGGz
01-05-2015, 01:27 PM
1-2 Weeks? seems longer than that def when they do dailys with heroes that u dont have or they give for free rotation

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThrawn
01-05-2015, 04:11 PM
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxDiGGz View Post
1-2 Weeks? seems longer than that def when they do dailys with heroes that u dont have or they give for free rotation
I have been in the Alpha since November and have yet to see a rotation where not 1 hero of all 3 games has been represented. In addition, all classes have been available in every rotation as well.

Since November, I have bought 2x 10k heroes, 2x 7k heroes and 1x 2k hero. I currently own 1.8k gold and have 600 gold available as active daily quests, however, I will not count those. I have yet to receive a higher than 300g Daily quest. I have skipped a large amount of Daily quests. I play about 0-5 matches per day.

So with very casual play and the bare minimum available to me in Dailies:

Total gold gained: 37.8k

That's just under 20k per month. 2 of the most expensive heroes, every month. Definitely not something I could complain about.

Primary: Star Citizen
Warrior Nation

United States WNxFireDrake
01-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Local Time: 05:53 AM
Wise man or fool?
The gold gain is frustrating to those of us who can't play for an hour a day to get the dailies all done. I know I miss out on several dailies per week because I just don't have time to put into the game. However, I don't mind since the free heroes usually have one or two that I enjoy, and you can gain experience with them that carries over until they're up in the next rotation again. So it's all good.

And Abathur FTW. All of my favorite moments in that game have come from when I was Abathur. I haven't tried a lane pressure build yet. I usually max the Q and W skills and ignore the locusts and nests.

"The wise make proverbs and fools repeat them." -Isaac D'Israeli

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThrawn
01-07-2015, 06:00 PM
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxFireDrake View Post
The gold gain is frustrating to those of us who can't play for an hour a day to get the dailies all done. I know I miss out on several dailies per week because I just don't have time to put into the game. However, I don't mind since the free heroes usually have one or two that I enjoy, and you can gain experience with them that carries over until they're up in the next rotation again. So it's all good.

And Abathur FTW. All of my favorite moments in that game have come from when I was Abathur. I haven't tried a lane pressure build yet. I usually max the Q and W skills and ignore the locusts and nests.
When not being able to complete dailies, I agree, it may take quite a long time to get a sufficient amount of gold to buy a fair amount of heroes. But then again, I don't think Blizzard can really be blamed for that. A line has to be drawn somewhere, of course!

As for Abathur, I spent a great amount of time on Symbiote builds. Definitely loving increased Spike Burst damage & range + Spike Burst slows on hit, combined with healing carapace. I was not really a fan of increased stab range and damage though.
Once I got a bit confident playing Abathur, I went for Locusts... and just laughed out loud when I saw how a nest just decimates towers! Haven't gone back to symbiote focus since. Absolutely something I can recommend!

Warrior Nation

Bulgaria WNxSadsleeper
01-10-2015, 02:43 AM
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Engineer
Well i've just played the practice game and i find it really strange.Compared to what i am used to.Anyways i will be trying it today and tomorrow

Warrior Nation

01-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Make sure u add us sadsleeper we team up and play matches been pretty fun