Thread: The Nation Rewind - Issue #1
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDHare3
01-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Local Time: 03:55 AM
WoW Characters
This was really well done, I like how you incorporated the thoughts of others into the GTA article, really awesome.

Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxHorizon
01-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Dishonorable Discharge
Really nice article, glad to see it out! The article about the Proteus effect is also an interesting one

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxOdy
01-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Local Time: 04:55 AM
WoW Characters
Something funny
Most Unbalanced DM
Cookie, what are your editors doing? I'm just going to be honest: (criticisms aren't rude anyway) you could really use an editor or one that knows what they're doing if you already do. It legitimately undermines your credibility and that of your department, so I strongly encourage that you consider what I have to say.

Ody

remembering the glory days

Warrior Nation

Serbia WNxRagenzy
01-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Dishonorable Discharge
Epic,well done!

Ody's right you know...

Warrior Nation

United States WNxRev
01-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Honorable Discharge
Good read guys.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Minecraft

Netherlands WNxFloeske
01-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Local Time: 09:55 AM
The Almighty Pinto
When angels cry..
Very nice to read!! Goodjob combat media!

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNxFallz
01-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Dishonorable Discharge
In Vino Veritas
Veni Vidi Vici.
Awesome read, keep em coming!

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxPattatj
01-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Local Time: 10:55 AM
Honorable Discharge
WNxQuex <3
Awesome read!

'x.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxMunkey
01-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Job well done journalists!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxTrAffic
01-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxOdy View Post
Cookie, what are your editors doing? I'm just going to be honest: (criticisms aren't rude anyway) you could really use an editor or one that knows what they're doing if you already do. It legitimately undermines your credibility and that of your department, so I strongly encourage that you consider what I have to say.

Ody
You can always talk to any of the Heads in CM through PM if you have any issues with the way things are done. I see no real issues with grammar and spelling from glance though I'm sure we might have missed one or two while putting the articles together. The overall style of the articles in the Rewind seem find. Spacing, however, did get messed up for the first article when the little description above it was put in. Unfortunately, that is simply something that happens from time to time.

Thanks for your criticism and please PM a CM Head with any further issues.

http://i.imgur.com/DH1cyBz.jpg

Primary: CnC Renegade
Warrior Nation
Secondary: Xbox Division

Netherlands WNxM3
01-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Just Renegade
Females and gaming, interesting read.

Well done to everyone involved

WNxGorbi: M3: i love you, always forever *sings*

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

United States WNxDoombringer
01-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Local Time: 12:55 AM
Your ad here.
I really enjoyed the discussion about Laws 1 and 2 and about the Competitive Scene in WN. I'm gonna have to go back and re-read it again.

<a href=http://warriornation.net/Forum/imagehosting/1080548dfbd2c4643d.gif target=_blank>http://warriornation.net/Forum/image...fbd2c4643d.gif</a>
Battletag: Doombringer#1378

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

United States WNxmike90t09
01-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Honorable Discharge
Good job CM!

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxOdy
01-17-2014, 05:04 PM
WoW Characters
Something funny
Most Unbalanced DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxTrAffic View Post
You can always talk to any of the Heads in CM through PM if you have any issues with the way things are done. I see no real issues with grammar and spelling from glance though I'm sure we might have missed one or two while putting the articles together. The overall style of the articles in the Rewind seem find. Spacing, however, did get messed up for the first article when the little description above it was put in. Unfortunately, that is simply something that happens from time to time.

Thanks for your criticism and please PM a CM Head with any further issues.
No I would like to see them take initiative and respond to public comments. Besides, I don't know if this was something Cookie did himself or if he had any help. There are at least two issues with the original post. It's not really format that I have a problem with.

Ody

remembering the glory days

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxWARPAINT
01-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Honorable Discharge
Where's BFBC 3
Great job!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxTrAffic
01-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxOdy View Post
No I would like to see them take initiative and respond to public comments. Besides, I don't know if this was something Cookie did himself or if he had any help. There are at least two issues with the original post. It's not really format that I have a problem with.

Ody
Unfortunately, the comments in this thread are not a place to talk about problems with leadership and posts. If you'd like to post an opinion or criticism about a topic presented by an article, that is fine but comments about problems with leadership and issues with posts should be taken care of separately.

To answer your concern, I edit the articles grammar and put it into a suitable format. The articles are then checked over by everyone else (i.e. Cookie, other Heads who wish to state an issue, Publishers who see something wrong or wish to add/remove things, etc). Cookie then does any final edits right before he posts it up.

I hope that answers your questions but if not then please PM the correct CM Heads to talk more in depth about your issues and problems. Thank you and have a nice day.

http://i.imgur.com/DH1cyBz.jpg

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Minecraft

United States WNxWolfman
01-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Local Time: 01:55 AM
WoW Characters
i really liked this writing and hoping for more to read

WNxwolfman

Primary: Minecraft
Warrior Nation

United States WNxJango Fett
01-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Local Time: 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxDadzilla View Post
I must admit that I was provoked by the statement that "in a majority of rapes the victim is promiscuous or has a poor reputation". I mean, what kind of crap is that? Well, pardon my French... But I was glad to see that several of the answers from our female members totally buried that thought.
I was sort of disturbed by that as well, so I did some quick reviews on the sources.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/21/48...-affects-women is where he got the article from initially, its just a brief version of a time article http://healthland.time.com/2013/10/1...changes-women/ which is a brief on what the study covered with a bit of original thought weaved in

The actual study is: http://vhil.stanford.edu/pubs/2013/f...ual-selves.pdf

They suggested in their data that the women who saw their face on a character in the sexualized clothing were more likely to "express greater rape myth acceptance" than the others, but they found no significant difference with the nonsexualized self and other. Their discussion is fairly interesting and attributes this result partially to certain factors. Their limitations is also interesting to read (they only had college-women[aka they bribed undergrads to participate]).

I think they only mentioned there was a difference mainly to get the paper published. In the data, there is no large difference in any of the categories and most fall within the SD of each other. I think a commenter on the Times article explains this much more indepth than I am able to.

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

United States WNxCrimsonGhost
01-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Local Time: 01:55 AM
DOTA 2 (Bravo Team)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxJango Fett View Post
I was sort of disturbed by that as well, so I did some quick reviews on the sources.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/21/48...-affects-women is where he got the article from initially, its just a brief version of a time article http://healthland.time.com/2013/10/1...changes-women/ which is a brief on what the study covered with a bit of original thought weaved in

The actual study is: http://vhil.stanford.edu/pubs/2013/f...ual-selves.pdf

They suggested in their data that the women who saw their face on a character in the sexualized clothing were more likely to "express greater rape myth acceptance" than the others, but they found no significant difference with the nonsexualized self and other. Their discussion is fairly interesting and attributes this result partially to certain factors. Their limitations is also interesting to read (they only had college-women[aka they bribed undergrads to participate]).

I think they only mentioned there was a difference mainly to get the paper published. In the data, there is no large difference in any of the categories and most fall within the SD of each other. I think a commenter on the Times article explains this much more indepth than I am able to.
Thanks for the links, helps to reference the articles when reading this one. Great Issue, good to get caught up on current happenings.

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation

Hungary WNxtartigon
01-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Yes,very good interwievs