Thread: Windows 10
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
07-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Someone from the insider group told a forum that windows 10 should not come out yet it's not ready.

Thank you WNxEuro

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxChivalric
07-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Local Time: 10:49 PM
o_O
See I've been reading a lot of the opposite, that it runs great and people can't wait til it's released. It's all opinion anyways though haha.

Personally I'm excited. I really want to try Cortana out since she's coming to Xbox too. I wanna know what to expect haha. If she could dictate posts and stuff for me that would be amazing..lmao. That and while I do like Windows 8, I am happy they're going back to a more traditional Windows layout but keeping all the under-the-hood stuff speedy. My laptop got a solid speed increase from Windows 7 to Windows 8, so I'm eager to see what this one will do!

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxOdy
07-22-2015, 11:10 AM
WoW Characters
Something funny
Most Unbalanced DM
There were sayings of how not everyone will get theirs right away, and MS may stagger the release.

Ody

Warrior Nation

United States WNxMayori
07-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Local Time: 09:49 PM
Fairy Godmother
+9 Attendance Book!
Oh wow, I didn't even realize that was coming so soon!

I always wait until I end up with a new OS by chance, haha! It's always interesting to see people's experiences with them, though. Maybe I'd get one earlier if it sounded amazing!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxTigurius
07-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Local Time: 06:49 PM
WoW Characters
Chapter Librarius
I have a hdd clone ready for it so if I don't like it I just swap the drive with my windows 7 back in and continue as business as usual.

"Old Marines don't die they go to hell and regroup"~Starfist book series
WNxIrisheyez:Nice unit =) crap, that doesn't sound right! Nice comp

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDaisuke-kun
07-24-2015, 01:29 AM
Sheppard, The Coward
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxTigurius View Post
I have a hdd clone ready for it so if I don't like it I just swap the drive with my windows 7 back in and continue as business as usual.
How are you going to update you current OS to windows 10 when you remove it? Do you have another legitimate copy of windows install on the drive ready for windows 10? The free version have to be updated directly from the current OS. There will be no image disk, I think. Looks like it will be using the current OS product code as a way to unlock windows 10.

Intel i5 4670k OC 4.4Ghz | Asus Z87-Pro | eVGA GeForce GTX 760 w/ ACX Cooler | 2 4GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 | Rosewill Challenger Mid-Tower Case

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
07-24-2015, 02:21 AM
Local Time: 02:49 AM
i found out some more information 98% of the insiders have said to MS not to bring it out on the 29th has it HAS a LOT of bugs.

Thank you WNxEuro

Warrior Nation

United States WNxCF
07-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Honorable Discharge
I am iffy about windows 10 it looks great and with the cortana but I have some old games on steam i enjoy playing on my main pc that has windows 7 once i fix my laptop i will get windows 10 on there and test it out since i test out a lot of OS on that laptop in particular.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxGalbsadi
07-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
I'm at a debate point, myself...it comes out tomorrow, btw.

Just built a new PC for the g/f...it's running great in Win7...so my debate is 1.) change her PC to Win10 (it's currently the most powerful in the house, and could handle it the best)...or 2.) change my laptop to Win10 (it's powerful, but not *as* powerful, and a wipe if it went wrong wouldn't be *too* terrible).

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxOdy
07-28-2015, 01:16 PM
WoW Characters
Something funny
Most Unbalanced DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxGalbsadi View Post
I'm at a debate point, myself...it comes out tomorrow, btw.

Just built a new PC for the g/f...it's running great in Win7...so my debate is 1.) change her PC to Win10 (it's currently the most powerful in the house, and could handle it the best)...or 2.) change my laptop to Win10 (it's powerful, but not *as* powerful, and a wipe if it went wrong wouldn't be *too* terrible).
She probably wouldn't take to it as well, best to go with it yourself first, then switch her's when you can help her become accustomed to it, also makes it better so if something happened to the system you still have the 'better' one.

Ody

Primary: Dirty Bomb
Warrior Nation

United States WNxWildBill
07-28-2015, 01:24 PM
°Sin Pantalones!
I'm looking forward to it and have read some promising things. Since I work in the IT field (server side of the house) I will get a lot of user based first-hand experience with it. I may wait a few months before updating any of my own personal equipment though, just in case they need to push out something big

-=W/B=-

"A man without courage is a knife without an edge" - Benjamin Franklin

Warrior Nation

07-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Sheppard, The Coward
I should also like to warn some of you who do not have the genuine Windows 7/8 (you know who you are...), that Microsoft will still have the notification set for you to update. However, there are rumor (there is always rumors) that once it is upgraded, Windows 10 will register the crack you use to freely use your non-genuine Windows 7/8 and Windows 10 will be lock and will ask for a key. If you do not want to go through this, you should not upgrade it. If you are a student or work in a educational institution, you can claim yourself a copy of Windows 7/8 really cheaply. Some institution will provide it for free!

If you want to get a genuine Windows, you should wait till they release Windows 10. The pricing is quite reasonable compare to Windows 7/8 and there might be a discount by Microsoft to encourage more people to upgrade.

Will Windows 10 be awesome? To me, not during launch. There will always be a hiccup or two and some games might be able to be optimized on time for the launch. At least, it will be better than Windows 8 but is it hard to say if it is on equal ground against XP/7.

Intel i5 4670k OC 4.4Ghz | Asus Z87-Pro | eVGA GeForce GTX 760 w/ ACX Cooler | 2 4GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 | Rosewill Challenger Mid-Tower Case

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxOdy
07-28-2015, 06:03 PM
WoW Characters
Something funny
Most Unbalanced DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxDaisuke-kun View Post
I should also like to warn some of you who do not have the genuine Windows 7/8 (you know who you are...), that Microsoft will still have the notification set for you to update. However, there are rumor (there is always rumors) that once it is upgraded, Windows 10 will register the crack you use to freely use your non-genuine Windows 7/8 and Windows 10 will be lock and will ask for a key. If you do not want to go through this, you should not upgrade it. If you are a student or work in a educational institution, you can claim yourself a copy of Windows 7/8 really cheaply. Some institution will provide it for free!

If you want to get a genuine Windows, you should wait till they release Windows 10. The pricing is quite reasonable compare to Windows 7/8 and there might be a discount by Microsoft to encourage more people to upgrade.

Will Windows 10 be awesome? To me, not during launch. There will always be a hiccup or two and some games might be able to be optimized on time for the launch. At least, it will be better than Windows 8 but is it hard to say if it is on equal ground against XP/7.
Actually, pirated copies won't even receive the upgrade.

Ody

Warrior Nation

07-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Sheppard, The Coward
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxOdy View Post

Ody
Actually, it depends on how you install them. I read somewhere that if you install non-genuine version in a certain way, it will get a notification. If that is true or not, I do not know. I don't do these things. I got my copy of Windows 8 from college store for free and I can upgrade to Windows 10. A genuine free is a good free.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxAbion47
07-29-2015, 12:39 AM
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:

Ody
Microsoft has said that non-genuine versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 will in fact receive the free upgrade to Windows 10. They were clear to specify, however, that it doesn't mean their upgraded Windows 10 will be genuine. If someone upgrades a non-genuine Windows 8, they will end up with a non-genuine Windows 10. (And that would presumably override whatever they installed to have the OS still act like it was genuine.)

Intel i7-950 3.06GHz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Nvidia GTX-680 | 6 x Corsair Vengeance 4 GB DDR3 1600 | Antec Nine Hundred ATX Tower
http://www.youtube.com/NerdyShoreTV || http://www.twitch.tv/Abion47

Warrior Nation

United States WNxXivsa
07-29-2015, 06:42 AM
So I changed some settings with Windows Update because I couldn't see the Windows 10 app for the free upgrade until it showed up finally. When I start downloading, pre-downloading or whatever before today, I get this error - Code 80244019 - and the download fails to even start. Hunting around online a bit, and some solutions seem to require renaming files and other registry options.

Has anyone else fixed the error code? Or is a surefire way to get the download going?

Warrior Nation

07-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Quote:
She probably wouldn't take to it as well, best to go with it yourself first, then switch her's when you can help her become accustomed to it, also makes it better so if something happened to the system you still have the 'better' one.

Ody
Yeah, that's what I decided on. (That and I could easily take the laptop to work.) It's at 15% Upgrading now...will let people know if I come across any issues.

Note: 1 minor issue: I had difficulty using a USB stick created for Win10 when loading directly from Windows 7. The direct upgrade from Microsoft's official tool, however, appears to be working well.

Warrior Nation

07-29-2015, 03:10 PM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxXivsa View Post
So I changed some settings with Windows Update because I couldn't see the Windows 10 app for the free upgrade until it showed up finally. When I start downloading, pre-downloading or whatever before today, I get this error - Code 80244019 - and the download fails to even start. Hunting around online a bit, and some solutions seem to require renaming files and other registry options.

Has anyone else fixed the error code? Or is a surefire way to get the download going?
Microsoft has an official tool that will force you to the head of the line.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxChivalric
07-29-2015, 10:20 PM
o_O
Haha I really like 10 so far. The browser isn't too bad either.

I asked Cortana is she was better than Siri and she responds with "I think we're both pretty clever!"

So humble. xD