Thread: blue screen of death windows 7
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
02-11-2015, 03:56 AM
Local Time: 02:57 AM
blue screen of death windows 7
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2crar this is the mini dump

BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002E86E75
BCP3: FFFFF88009638240
BCP4: 0000000000000000

Is it hardware failure?

Thank you WNxEuro

Warrior Nation

England WNxALPSquid
02-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Local Time: 03:57 AM
Honorable Discharge
From the crash dump, it looks like you're getting memory issues. Specifically, 'PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' which usually happens when Windows acesses an invalid memory address. In this specific instance, Raptr was the program that failed, but if it's a RAM issue, it could have been anything.

What I suggest you do is run MemTest (http://www.memtest.org) and see if it throws up any errors. If it does and your RAM is still in warranty, you can just RMA them. If not, you'll unfortunately need to get some new modules.

Warrior Nation

England WNxSnowTiger
02-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Well his getting a new mother board this coming week so it should the problem hopefully.

Warrior Nation

England WNxALPSquid
02-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Honorable Discharge
While that's a possibility, it's unlikely. Since it's a memory address error, it's far more likely the RAM is at fault, plus, if it was the motherboard, I would've expected him to be getting other errors like general instability and blue screens for other reasons.
I'd still run MemTest, either now or when he's put the new mobo in. The advantage of doing it now is that if the RAM is faulty, he can get some new sticks and install them at the same as the mobo

Warrior Nation

England WNxSnowTiger
02-14-2015, 10:33 AM
well the other strange things happened like random pc restarts he also kept losing connection to his internet as well.

Last edited by WNxSnowTiger; 02-14-2015 at 11:30 AM..

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
02-24-2015, 02:35 AM
I'm still getting blue screen of deaths after getting a new motherboard and processor.

Thank you WNxEuro

Warrior Nation

England WNxALPSquid
02-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Honorable Discharge
As I said before, it's most likely your RAM which you can find out for definite by running Memtest.
It's pretty simple to do:
  1. Download the 'Pre-compiled bootable ISO (.zip)' from http://www.memtest.org/#downiso and Unzip it somewhere
  2. You then need to create either a bootable USB or CD with the iso you unzipped in step 1.
    1. Run it and pick an empty USB stick (it will be wiped)
    2. Choose Memtest86+ from the menu and browse to the iso you downloaded in step 1
    • CD
    1. Select the iso in Windows (File) Explorer and click 'Burn' at the top of the window. You'll need a blank CD
    2. If you're on Windows 8, you might need to right click the iso, click 'Open With' and select 'Windows Explorer'. You should then see a 'Manage' tab at the top of the window which has a Burn option.
  3. Then just boot from the USB or CD and run the test over night (it's the first option IIRC). If it shows any errors (lines highlighted in red), you've unfortunately got bad RAM and either need to RMA it (if it's in warranty) or get some new.
Report back with your results

If you want more information on using Memtest itself, check out this guide: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...sing-memtest86

Last edited by WNxALPSquid; 02-24-2015 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Added extra links

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
02-25-2015, 02:06 AM
well i did the windows memory error test what cames with windows and no problems where detected and just went to boot up my pc today and before or on where it says starting windows i got a blue screen of death. then windows couldn't start and tried to repair it's self waited for ages restart pc and I'm back on it.

Thank you WNxEuro

Warrior Nation

England WNxALPSquid
02-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Honorable Discharge
OK cool, that's a good start! How long did you run the Windows memory test for? You'll want to use the extended test at least, which should take a few hours. You just press F1 when it launches to get the options as shown in this guide: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tics-tool.html.
However, I'm not sure how thorough the Windows tool is, plus it's running within the OS. Sometimes it won't report errors even if a module is faulty. Remember, there only needs to be one bad sector on a RAM module to cause crashes. If you want to be sure, you need to run Memtest overnight. You don't seem to want to, is there any particular reason why? Also, the memory manufacturers don't usually accept RMA requests unless the memory has failed Memtest specifically.

While your crash dump specifies a memory error, here's some other things you can try in the mean time.
Reset BIOS settings:
Your memory and/or CPU settings may have been altered. I know you've got a new motherboard and CPU now, so did you hop into the BIOS and set it to use optimised defaults?

Drivers:
You could try reinstalling your motherboard and GPU drivers from the respective websites, don't use the bundled disc. Also make sure your old motherboard and CPU drivers have been removed, you can check in Device Manager.

Check your hard drive with chkdsk:
Open a command prompt as admin and run: chkdsk /r C:
(replace C: with your OS drive letter). It'll say that the disk is in use and ask you if you want to run the check on the next reboot, say yes. This will try and fix any bad sectors on your hard drive which could cause BSODs.

Check your Windows install:
Windows files can get corrupted or go missing, especially if your drive has bad sectors. To attempt to fix this, you can run the following command: sfc /scannow

Obviously I don't ask you to blindly trust that I'm giving you legit commands, so here are links to Microsoft support articles that detail the above commands:
chkdsk: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ee872425.aspx
sfc: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
02-25-2015, 07:20 AM
new error from 6 days ago what i missed

Corruption was detected in the log for the System channel and some data was erased.

Thank you WNxEuro

Warrior Nation

United States WNxspeccarroo
02-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
The Lone She Wolf
Are you able to do any repairing via safe mode?
Do you monitor your fan temperature? (Or prior to getting blue screen?)

Before I upgraded to a PC to a laptop I got the BSoD about 10-12+ times in a 3 month time span. I think it was the fan overheating and burning up everything else inside because it's a laptop. Due to, you know, such a small space that laptop's get compared to a PC's space. I gave it to my brother though since he's an IT guru, I'm not really. I just know basics. :P

Maybe look at my thread from the suggestions people gave me? Maybe it'll help you? (Granted no one really got back to me about it, sadly.. so maybe you'll have better luck. :P )

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
02-25-2015, 12:21 PM
yours is graphics mines something else.

Thank you WNxEuro

Warrior Nation

England WNxALPSquid
02-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Honorable Discharge
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxArcticWolf View Post
new error from 6 days ago what i missed

Corruption was detected in the log for the System channel and some data was erased.
A quick Google doesn't return much information on this error, but it seems fairly insignificant. Even so, did you run the chkdsk and sfc commands in my last post? If not, you should definitely give those a go.

Also, could you post your most recent crash dump? It'll be helpful to see if it's still the same cause.

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
02-25-2015, 12:50 PM
SFC command came up with no errors going do check disk tomorrow.

Thank you WNxEuro

Warrior Nation

England WNxALPSquid
03-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Honorable Discharge
ArcticWorld, just to follow up; what was the result of the disk check and are you still getting BSODs?

Warrior Nation

England WNxArcticWolf
03-03-2015, 08:10 AM
I got new ram in my tower and that seems to have stopped it.

Thank you WNxEuro