Thread: want your thoughts
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

United States WNxPersey
09-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Local Time: 09:34 PM
want your thoughts
My thoughts on a new sticky thread topic, what's your thought?

Crafting traits for research:

I find myself often asking in game chat if anyone can make me a (X) piece of (armor/weapon) with (y) trait for research?

Thinking we can have a sticky thread, with an attachment (like the spreadsheets I like to track my traits), where those seeking a trait can add it to the spreadsheet, and someone willing to make it for them, can check it off of the spreadsheet once it's been crafted and mailed in game. This would eliminate the need to spam all your guilds looking for a trait. And you wouldn't have to wait until you have an open slot, or harass someone the moment they log into game

There would be some guidelines, of course. Who thinks it's a good idea? I would be willing to create and keep track of it.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Clash of Clans

United States WNxFlosugar
09-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Honorable Discharge
I think that's a freaking great idea!

A list of our crafters and what they can craft would be really useful too, and a lot less time consuming!

Last edited by WNxFailSaucePro; 09-19-2015 at 01:42 PM..

Warrior Nation

United States WNx Samothrace
09-19-2015, 12:48 PM
RIP Spot, miss you
Flo, please combine your posts. Also i agree this would be a great idea. This can help with who needs what ands help that crafter increase their abilities.

You can throw me to the wolves, tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxFailSaucePro
09-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Local Time: 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNx Samothrace View Post
Flo, please combine your posts. Also i agree this would be a great idea. This can help with who needs what ands help that crafter increase their abilities.
Silly Samo, you can merge posts too :p

As far as crafting proessions go we have a list here but it's in dire need of maintenance/restructuring.

Warrior Nation

United States WNx Samothrace
09-19-2015, 01:48 PM
RIP Spot, miss you
Hard to do when on your phone. And crazily Internet at the coffee shop

You can throw me to the wolves, tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxPersey
09-19-2015, 09:46 PM
I will create a new thread for this with the attachments. This new thread would include wanted traits, with a field to check off the ones which have been crafted and sent to requestor (with user name of who crafted and mailed the item(s)). Will see what I can throw together for a master list of who crafts what....like master crafters and such as well. Thinking that would be a separate thread than the daily requests though.
Thanks!

Warrior Nation

England WNxNinjaSmoke
09-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Local Time: 03:34 AM
Honorable Discharge
Good call! Yea that would be a really helpfull. I used to use a spread sheet system to keep record of traits i had researched until i found an add-on that marks stuff you or a specified character on your account hasn't yet researched. And they said rpgs were too easy nowdays huh!

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

Canada WNxArtmetis
09-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Local Time: 11:34 PM
For those of you in our alliance guild WARmart... here is a little tip.

Attention Crafters: Trade, grow or gain Guild Rank in your chosen professions! Press G, Roster,(top right, 2nd tab). Right click ya name, & create a Member note. On the right, you can Edit, view, or see other guildies’deals . Add skills/traits needed/trade/swap/sell etc. Mail for info re ranks Et al.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxGamerChix
09-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Dishonorable Discharge
DONT CAVE IN TO THE Daedric Mammoth

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Overwatch

Canada WNxTheRef26
09-20-2015, 06:23 PM
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxGalbsadi View Post
This is a good idea. if you'd like, I could offer pointers on how to use the tables like I have for WW/Vamp bites. That said, this should probably go in the crafting sub-forum we have.
Here's a chance for you to use your new Engi powers!

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxTheRef26
09-21-2015, 11:51 AM
WoW Characters
With the suggestion you have to update the code, would it simply be to just "edit" and add your name to each trait you know? Also, would it close with the - or + symbol to keep it clean and just hit the icon and it opens up to all the names that know a trait?

Warrior Nation

United States WNxGalbsadi
09-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxTheRef26 View Post
With the suggestion you have to update the code, would it simply be to just "edit" and add your name to each trait you know? Also, would it close with the - or + symbol to keep it clean and just hit the icon and it opens up to all the names that know a trait?
It'd be more 'quote' and add the additions with your name. The + or - symbol can be added quite easily (that's just an [Expand][/Expand] tag).

Once you're added in, THEN you could just edit your own post, so everybody could literally actively update their own.

Edit: Added the expansion tags to the template thread. Now they're in there by default. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by WNxGalbsadi; 09-21-2015 at 11:58 AM..

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxTheRef26
09-21-2015, 11:59 AM
WoW Characters
Ah, so everyone would have their own chart. Maintenance would be much easier as it is each members owness to look after their own. However, if everyone had their own it could take a while to go through 85 charts to find the person that has what you need. (Ok maybe not really as I have everything and I know others that are getting more and more all the time - but you get the idea). With a master chart it is clean, but would just require maintenance.

Warrior Nation

09-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Quote:
Ah, so everyone would have their own chart. Maintenance would be much easier as it is each members owness to look after their own. However, if everyone had their own it could take a while to go through 85 charts to find the person that has what you need. (Ok maybe not really as I have everything and I know others that are getting more and more all the time - but you get the idea). With a master chart it is clean, but would just require maintenance.
I agree that a master chart could be a much shorter and easier reference, maybe something that we might limit to "official guild crafters that will get you whatever you need at no cost, pending materials" type of thing. That could be modified from the template as follows:

Instead of having X for researched a trait, say we had 5 guild crafters. The master could have a list at the top, assuming that the crafters were you, myself, Flo, Fail, and Nall (this is just an example, not sure if there is anyone other than you or myself that does/would do this):

1 - WNxTheRef26
2 - WNxGalbsadi
3 - WNxFlosugar
4 - WNxFailSaucePro
5 - WNxNallasaria

Then, instead of an 'X' for research, maybe we'd have 12 or 12345...with a number for each crafter that has the trait available.

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxTheRef26
09-21-2015, 12:12 PM
WoW Characters
This is an idea as well. I hope we're not going way off mark from what WNxPersey was shooting for. But a master with some of the "official" crafters but also having the option for others to use the chart can help as well both for their own benefit and for anyone that may need something of an "official" crafter is not on!

Warrior Nation

09-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Quote:
This is an idea as well. I hope we're not going way off mark from what WNxPersey was shooting for. But a master with some of the "official" crafters but also having the option for others to use the chart can help as well both for their own benefit and for anyone that may need something of an "official" crafter is not on!
Definitely. I'm adding a 'to-do' that I'll get together later on this idea as well...I think I should add a section on sets available (based on traits). This can really come into play where maybe many people have a trait available, but needing certain sets can ensure everybody gets exactly what they need.

Closed Thread