Thread: 2 networking questions
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

WNxKingHuds
08-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Unregistered
#
2 networking questions
1. I have my PC(XP) and a laptop, I need to transfer 10gigs to the laptop which is running vista. Can I hook them together with an Ethernet cable and somehow transfer this file?

2. My school uses PEAP authentication to connect to the wired internet, is there a way to use a router with this, and somehow connect my Xbox 360 to the internet through that?

Warrior Nation

WNxCryptic
08-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
#
1) Yes, connect them with a networking cable. Don't worry when you don't get a valid IP...you won't (because there isn't anything assigning ips between the two systems. Then, you'll just search for the other computer via its ip address (it still gets one, its called a loopback address and will begin with 169).

Once you've found the other computer, you just place the files in a shared folder (or share the folder they are located in) and transfer The other alternative is a crossover USB cable, but they're $30+ and networking cables are free.

2) No idea.