Thread: Reinhardt Tips?
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
05-28-2016, 08:43 PM
Local Time: 02:19 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Orange Mark 021
Reinhardt Tips?
Anyone who is decent with him able to give me any tips on getting better with him? I have a feeling he is going to be essential once ranked comes out and the more people that know how to play him the better.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxChivalric
05-28-2016, 09:40 PM
o_O
Don't be too aggressive with him. I tend to do it a fair amount. You think you've got the perfect Earthshatter, or you have someone backed into a corner and so you drop your shield to hit him, next thing you know you're dead and you didn't kill anyone. Definitely keep your eye on your surroundings at all times before you drop Shield.

Sprint has to hit something to do damage, I pinned someone going down a long stretch once and my sprint ran out and they took no damage and killed me. Lol.

>>>When you do use Earthshatter, aim at the guys on the ground (preferably the almost dead ones if any) and use Firestrike first before swinging your hammer. It does such good damage and if there is multiple people laying on top of each other it'll hit em all.<<< This is a big deal haha. It seems to separate the good Rein Ult's from the bad ones.

You can't block Winston/Wilfred/Wilson's gun. It goes right through your shield. So does an enemy Rein's Firestrike and Symmetra's charged shot. Always sidestep it.

And the best part that will probably make Rein your new favorite Hero...?

Genji can't Reflect Firestrikes.

That's all I can think of for now.

Warrior Nation

Vatican City State WNxErcasam
05-29-2016, 01:42 AM
Local Time: 10:19 AM
ಠ_ರೃ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxChivalric View Post
Pretty sure he can

Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
05-29-2016, 05:29 AM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Quote:
Don't be too aggressive with him. I tend to do it a fair amount. You think you've got the perfect Earthshatter, or you have someone backed into a corner and so you drop your shield to hit him, next thing you know you're dead and you didn't kill anyone. Definitely keep your eye on your surroundings at all times before you drop Shield.
Whens a good time to like drop your shield and try and harass? When I was playing him last night I almost felt like helpless trying to push the cart and felt I needed to have my barrier up so I wouldn't die.

Quote:
Sprint has to hit something to do damage, I pinned someone going down a long stretch once and my sprint ran out and they took no damage and killed me. Lol.
Do you have to hit them square on? I've noticed I've hit people and it pushes them up in the air or to the side and then I just go flying into the wall by myself

Warrior Nation

United States WNxSwitchBlade
05-29-2016, 08:41 AM
Local Time: 01:19 PM
WoW Characters
Legendary.
<3
Sit on payload with shield up -> Win game.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxGrievous
05-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Local Time: 01:19 PM
SeriouS DevelopmenT
Quote:

>>>When you do use Earthshatter, aim at the guys on the ground (preferably the almost dead ones if any) and use Firestrike first before swinging your hammer. It does such good damage and if there is multiple people laying on top of each other it'll hit em all.<<< This is a big deal haha. It seems to separate the good Rein Ult's from the bad ones.

You can't block Winston/Wilfred/Wilson's gun. It goes right through your shield. So does an enemy Rein's Firestrike and Symmetra's charged shot. Always sidestep it.

And the best part that will probably make Rein your new favorite Hero...?

That's all I can think of for now.
I see what you did there.

I am not great at Reinhart but I can tell you this, don't boost sprint people off the edge, you tend to follow...

Warrior Nation

United States WNxChivalric
05-29-2016, 10:00 AM
o_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxErcasam View Post
Pretty sure he can
I've never, ever seen it happen, and I've killed many a Genji with it. That would be retarded if he can as it's energy not a projectile, and it goes through another Rein's shields.

I'll have to poke around a bit and see.

**EDIT** Says they can be deflected but I've still never seen it done, haha. Use it while you can I guess before they all catch on to it. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxAwp666 View Post
Whens a good time to like drop your shield and try and harass? When I was playing him last night I almost felt like helpless trying to push the cart and felt I needed to have my barrier up so I wouldn't die.
Yeah you pretty much just shield things haha. I drop it when I'm getting harassed on a flank to do a quick firestrike. If your team is moving in on them sometimes they won't pay attention to their own flanks and they'll die to your FS or to whoever is running up on them. When the team is falling back and there's some stragglers or they've overextended towards you is another good time to do it I've found.

I'd say it's not so much specific times, just when you feel you can snag a quick kill or do some damage real quick without endangering your allies behind your shield. I always try and kill Tracers when they're close if I can since they die so fast, and the wide arc of your swing can catch them if they're not warping correctly.

Quote:
Do you have to hit them square on? I've noticed I've hit people and it pushes them up in the air or to the side and then I just go flying into the wall by myself
Yeah it's gotta be close to the middle of your sprint to pin em. Once you have someone pinned everyone else gets knocked away when they get hit. Once you have them pinned, be sure to smash into something to damage/kill them lol. As I said, if you pin someone but don't pin them into something, it just ends and they're right in front of ya ready to retaliate.. xD

Last edited by WNxChivalric; 05-29-2016 at 10:19 AM..

Warrior Nation

Vatican City State WNxErcasam
05-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Local Time: 10:19 AM
ಠ_ರೃ
Quote:
I've never, ever seen it happen, and I've killed many a Genji with it. That would be retarded if he can as it's energy not a projectile, and it goes through another Rein's shields.

I'll have to poke around a bit and see.

**EDIT** Says they can be deflected but I've still never seen it done, haha. Use it while you can I guess before they all catch on to it. xD
Yea, I was killing my teammates last night because the enemy Genji kept reflecting my fires, he also kept reflecting my 100% Widow shot back at me because I was shooting in a predictable rhythm

Quote:
How aggressive you can be with Reinhardt is dependent on the skill of your healer since by himself he's basically a walking shield and allahu akbar suicide pins

Always drop to fires an enemy Rein if your healer is with you for free trades and shield breaks

Sniping with fires is a thing and the range is pretty ridiculous as long as you aren't hitting any walls or the ground with it

Sometimes the best way to help isn't sitting around with your shield up for your team, sometimes it's charging behind the enemy team with your dash then setting up shield to soak damage and turn them around (this shouldn't work but it normally does and is hilarious)

If within range to pin the enemy Rein and your teams are trading for shield breaks sometimes the best way to "win" is to tell everyone to reload and hold, then pull a pin instead of trying to break the shield (Rein to Rein when holding shield is the easiest pin you can hit and the most disruptive if they are trading for a break)

Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
05-29-2016, 05:40 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Quote:
Yeah you pretty much just shield things haha. I drop it when I'm getting harassed on a flank to do a quick firestrike. If your team is moving in on them sometimes they won't pay attention to their own flanks and they'll die to your FS or to whoever is running up on them. When the team is falling back and there's some stragglers or they've overextended towards you is another good time to do it I've found.

I'd say it's not so much specific times, just when you feel you can snag a quick kill or do some damage real quick without endangering your allies behind your shield. I always try and kill Tracers when they're close if I can since they die so fast, and the wide arc of your swing can catch them if they're not warping correctly.

Yeah it's gotta be close to the middle of your sprint to pin em. Once you have someone pinned everyone else gets knocked away when they get hit. Once you have them pinned, be sure to smash into something to damage/kill them lol. As I said, if you pin someone but don't pin them into something, it just ends and they're right in front of ya ready to retaliate.. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxErcasam View Post
Yea, I was killing my teammates last night because the enemy Genji kept reflecting my fires, he also kept reflecting my 100% Widow shot back at me because I was shooting in a predictable rhythm

How aggressive you can be with Reinhardt is dependent on the skill of your healer since by himself he's basically a walking shield and allahu akbar suicide pins

Always drop to fires an enemy Rein if your healer is with you for free trades and shield breaks

Sniping with fires is a thing and the range is pretty ridiculous as long as you aren't hitting any walls or the ground with it

Sometimes the best way to help isn't sitting around with your shield up for your team, sometimes it's charging behind the enemy team with your dash then setting up shield to soak damage and turn them around (this shouldn't work but it normally does and is hilarious)

If within range to pin the enemy Rein and your teams are trading for shield breaks sometimes the best way to "win" is to tell everyone to reload and hold, then pull a pin instead of trying to break the shield (Rein to Rein when holding shield is the easiest pin you can hit and the most disruptive if they are trading for a break)

Thanks for the tips guys, Already starting to get better with him.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxAesr
05-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Local Time: 12:19 PM
Whenever I play him and I get in the postion to, I will Left Shift and run through opponents hopefully pining and kill one and put shield back up effectively dividng their focus.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
05-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Someone learned how to play Reinhardt.

Click the image to open in full size.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxSwitchBlade
05-31-2016, 09:34 PM