Thread: Clan XP farming?
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Primary: Warrior Nation
Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

United States WNxOjan23
02-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Local Time: 08:51 PM
ALWAYS be prepared :)
Orange Mark 021
Clan XP farming?
So we get clan xp by doing wars, but wars take up a considerable amount of time/resources if we try to win. But what if we just go into wars with the intent of getting the easy stars for more clan xp so we can level up? And if people want to try for harder targets they are welcome to do so as well, so they can learn/practice their attacks.
For instance, we have our normal "real war days" where we fight to our best potential. The rest of the time, we don't bother with expensive or any clan caslte troops for defense.

In our last war, we got 95xp for 30/45 stars in a 15 man war. In a previous war, we got 19/30 stars in a 10 man war and got 75 xp, and in a 16/30 we got 50xp.

I think we could get easy xp if we averaged 1.5 stars per person in the war using less expensive attacks compared to when we try to win. Additionally, we could include some weaker bases on our side to get matched agaonst an opponent where we can get easy 3 stars even.

Any thoughts? Would having a worse win percentage hurt us? I think the clan perks are useful. Specially the troop upgrades and donation refunds.

"we'll end up numb from playing video games, and we'll get sick of having sex" - The Limousines

Warrior Nation

Russian Federation WNxKrakie
02-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Local Time: 03:51 AM
Justice
Follow the law!
Well why not? It's all about fun anyway. More exp = more perks = more fun)))

My Warrior Nation history
http://warriornation.net/Forum/signaturepics/sigpic43894_23.gif
Part 1, Part 2

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxApe
02-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Local Time: 06:51 PM
WarCraft III
I think it has benefit to some extent, but it takes the fun out of it a bit for those trying to win and gain the loot bonuses. I don't mind if we do it more for those that want to participate in a "casual" war for 15 versus 15, but for the 10 versus 10 wars, it is intended for harder competition.

We will gain XP either way IMO so why not try and win the wars to gain the most of loot bonus. Typically, as long as you can at least beat both opponents your loot bonus, for average players is around 250 k to 300 k in both gold and elixir. So essentially, that balances out what you put into the war plus an extra gold bonus.If we win you could receive 600,000 to 1,000,000 of gold and elixir which defiantly helps out after the big elixir investment.

For me, I would rather keep attempting to win. Most people here win both matches with at least 1 star each..so to earn back your elixir and gain a gold bonus is still decent versus not trying at all and gaining nothing. Both provide the xp to level up, plus a little extra for incentive to play and try again.

"RIDE HARD, LIVE EASY"

Warrior Nation

United States WNxNavi
02-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Either way we're all getting XP and experience by clan farming

"The True Meaning of friendship is always having each others back though thick and thin"

Warrior Nation

United States WNxOjan23
02-07-2016, 06:14 AM
I feel like it's barely breaking even if you get stars on two opponents and it's a big time investment. Plus there are all the troop donations which lowers the opportunity for profit. But I do like the challenge part of it.
Yes, I was saying we should keep having one real war or however many real wars we want to do. But in between do a war where we can 1 or 2 star some easy targets without spending all the resources on clan troops on attack and defense. Plus we can just include everyone or at least everyone not opting out of wars on these?

EDIT*
For the most current war:
I spent 469,400 elixir and 2,840 dark elixir; and after the losing results made back 259,380 elixir, 259,380 gold, and 1168 dark elixir. And this doesn't even account for the resources we spent donating spells and troops to everyone, so not quite balancing out. Maybe there is a cheaper and better attack force than what I used.
Granted this was a tough opponent, but still our win rate for the last 35 matches is about 28%. I'm just saying, we could get some cheap clan xp if we just committed to one war a week being an intentional try for only 1 star with barbs and archers and a couple giants to get 50%, or something. Maybe it would require more than that to do so? I'm not sure. Which was part of my intent for this discussion.

And, could always have the stipulation where, if it looks like we vastly out rank the other clan we can say during the preparation day to make it a real war if enough people agree?

Last edited by WNxOjan23; 02-07-2016 at 09:14 AM..

"we'll end up numb from playing video games, and we'll get sick of having sex" - The Limousines

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxApe
02-07-2016, 11:49 PM
Local Time: 06:51 PM
WarCraft III
It's a valid point and statistically it makes sense especially with the numbers you provided. In order to do it though, I think we would need a core group of people who understand the intent of the war. If we get people who don't understand and want to win and get mad at others who don't try we will cause issues and have those members opt out. If we could get at least 10 willing to do a "laid back " war and still have a solid war team then we will be good to try your theory.

Realistically, if we notice our opponent is significantly better off the getco, perhaps we decide to actually participate or not right then and there. Our last war for example, I had a strong suspicion that we were going to lose based on their bases and war level. Right there we could have just used cheaqp troops and saved our resources.

"RIDE HARD, LIVE EASY"

Warrior Nation

United States WNxOjan23
02-08-2016, 09:41 PM
I think this would be an appropriate use for the clan mails. This will give everyone an alert, that can not be lost in the clan chat log. If people then get mad because they missed that, well then that's their fault. They had an in-game notification of that message. Additionally, it may be useful to send clan mail messages about forum threads such as this one where we're discussing things that can effect everyone.

And yeah, I don't want to be taking away from people who want to war to try and win and not care about the loot. I don't mind having wars like that, at the same time; this last war I think from the get go most would agree that we probably weren't going to win that one. So it might have been better to just say "just go for 1 stars" or something to that effect. The difference in "Oh, this is gonna be a tough opponent" vs "This just isn't going to happen" and hopefully as we keep warring we get more of the tough opponent situations as we get better.

I've been trying to look up information on clan xp, and what the best breakpoint of stars and war size for getting xp. It seems there aren't many hardcore data people in this game who care about the clan xp lol. Maybe I've just played too many grinding games and become used to people who create those resources before I even know I need them