Thread: Pop-ups/other problems
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

WNxFarside
08-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Unregistered
#
Pop-ups/other problems
Ok. I keep on getting mad pop-ups. Im serious, i wont even have a website open and i have like 10 popups one after another popping up, and its eating the memory i have. Usually i have to restart about 3-7 times a day cause of the fricken things. well- my dad shut off all the cookies and all that crap.... they dont stop- what do you suggest? O yah pop up smashers wont work, cause the one i got quit on me after deleting more than 100 pop ups a day. Ive been through 2. May :cwm23: Pop ups :cwm23: Burn!!!!

Well here is my other problem, since these gay popups and my restarting and restarting, i can do as much... my computer now needs a disk boot. QUOTE : DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
WEll what if i dont feel like it? really- it was working fine. Im on my moms computer now. If i have nething else ill just post another topic.

Warrior Nation

WNxDopes
08-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Unregistered
#
disk boot failure usually means your computer doesn't 'see' your HD. Check HD cables & BIOS settings for detecting your HD.

Warrior Nation

WNxFarside
08-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
#
Well that problem is over- i restarted, about 2 more times- i will check wires later tonight, thanx.

Warrior Nation

WNxCast
08-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Unregistered
#
alot of popups *could* mean you have a virus or you've installed some evil software at one point or another. i dare not even speculate what could be causing it.
as far as popup blockers go ive been pretty happy with the new googlebar, which has a built in popup blocker and a few other neat features.
check it out at
http://toolbar.google.com/

Warrior Nation

United States WNxWhiteWolf
08-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Local Time: 08:21 PM
WoW Characters
.: Textbox :.
www.lavasoftusa.com <--- Spyware removal

And i suggest the above popup blocker.

Click the image to open in full size.
Wolves do not bark.

Warrior Nation

WNxFarside
08-13-2003, 09:36 AM
Unregistered
#
I figured out the problem, thanx to docjay. I got spybot S&D- and it came up with all these things that were wrong. i got about 20 errors from websites like www.new.net and www.advertising.com. They suck, we need to burn their sites..... i mean well i have no more problems with the popups ne more, and thanx for all the help.