Thread: Research and Deconstruct CONSTANTLY
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None
Closed Thread

Warrior Nation

United States WNxGalbsadi
07-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Local Time: 09:38 PM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Guide
Research and Deconstruct CONSTANTLY
It may seem silly at low levels, especially when we're looking at 6 hours for those first traits...but it becomes important very quickly:

Here's why:

To make set gear, you have to have a number of traits researched for each piece in that set. The top sets require 6-9 traits per piece that you make.

Later traits are not six hours to research. In fact, by the time you're research trait #8 for an item, assuming you have maxed out the skill points for that profession to reduce research time...it will only take you 24 DAYS. That's not 2-4...that's TWENTY-FOUR. That's why the last bonus into research time reduction says "limits maximum research time to one month." It will literally take you a month to research the 9th trait for any item...at least.

As for deconstruction...you might not fancy yourself a crafter, and I can understand that. I didn't touch crafting until veteran rank 1, myself. Then I leveled each skill...made myself a set of gear for veteran rank 2 or 3...and realized how much power I was missing out on. This was before I realized the importance of set gear and researching! (That came around veteran rank 5-6.) Anyhow, back to the point, every time you deconstruct a piece of gear....whether you get materials back or not...you get experience towards that piece's crafting skill. Pro-tip: to get a headstart, you can deconstruct stolen gear...and stolen gear is always your level. Higher level gear gives more xp for deconstruction. The only exception to deconstructing, if not being held for research...is items with the 'ornate' trait. This you'll typically find better use just selling to a vendor (and will keep you afloat while waiting for gold from....)

If you need gold...Sell the materials you deconstruct. It might not seem like much, but consider 6g for selling a vendor an iron chest...vs 3 iron bars worth 6g each...and maybe a temper worth 20g...or, if you get up to blue or purple gear...a temper worth hundreds or even thousands of gold. I'd recommend joining a trade guild and installing Master Merchant to help with this. If you don't want to (or can't) have the addon, feel free to hit up @galbsadi for any pricing you might need when I'm on...I'll be happy to share.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Clash of Clans

United States WNxFlosugar
07-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Honorable Discharge
Awesome guide! Wy do I never look in this forum??? lol

Warrior Nation

Australia WNxmissb00
08-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Local Time: 12:38 PM
Thanks for this! I wish I had read it when I first joined the guild though. I completely skipped out on research and now I'm paying for it.

Warrior Nation

08-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxmissb00 View Post
Thanks for this! I wish I had read it when I first joined the guild though. I completely skipped out on research and now I'm paying for it.
Don't kick yourself too much...traits do drop again...I've found that I only have to start actually looking when it's for the last couple traits on a particular item.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

United States WNxNallasaria
08-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Local Time: 07:38 PM
WoW Characters
Thank you! I was lucky enough to mostly start early on, however, I am guilty of being lazy and not going to find the item I need for the next bit! I am now up to 27-29 days for some researches! And I haven't even looked at nirncrux ones!

(Warning! post made pre-coffee I am not responsible for any lack of grammatical skills)

Warrior Nation

08-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Honorable Discharge
WoW Characters
Gam zeh ya'avor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxNallasaria View Post
Thank you! I was lucky enough to mostly start early on, however, I am guilty of being lazy and not going to find the item I need for the next bit! I am now up to 27-29 days for some researches! And I haven't even looked at nirncrux ones!

(Warning! post made pre-coffee I am not responsible for any lack of grammatical skills)
I'm in mostly the same boat...most of my research takes weeks to do. Here's a follow-up idea I'd be happy to carry on with you: find a buddy to help you get those last few traits. Say you need Divines on a Heavy Helm, and I need Reinforced (completely made up atm, I'm not certain which traits I'm missing and have no clue what you are)...I craft you a Divine Heavy Helm of whatever material I have to spare, you craft me a Reinforced one...now we're both one trait closer. This works particularly well until the remaining trait is Nirnhoned (largely because the damn Nirncrux to make it is so expensive).

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxTheRef26
08-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Local Time: 07:38 PM
WoW Characters
Also, I have every trait of every item...so if you need something, let me know! Nirncrux is the only one I will require you to provide the trait stone for me to craft just because of its rarity!

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Xbox Division

United States WNxKujeaux
08-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Honorable Discharge
I'm not as far as TheRef but I do have most things researched on my main crafter. For the rest, I have an item or have it researched on another character, including Nirnhoned. I don't play on PC much anymore after transferring to console.

Closed Thread