Thread: Sundy Squish
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxClerve
10-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Local Time: 06:10 AM
Sundy Squish
Working on objective Deployed Sunderers Destroyed. So far I've researched 2 effective methods.
  1. Reasonably inexpensive is using a Harraser with Aphellion. Reload speed seems to work best, 1.5 clips and toast for a stock Sundie; can't do it in 1 clip with extended mag...
  2. Heavy Assault with Grenade Bandolier, AV Grenades and a couple of Rockets also works. Cert cost isn't over the top but still an investment.

Thoughts?

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Warframe

United States WNxTheMysticOne
10-11-2016, 07:36 PM
The first one is probably the most effective as that works against against pretty much any sundy, and like you said, it's cheap. Only worries are an abundance of defenders, usually easier to destroy it when your team isn't actively surrounding it as the people spawning on it will spread out more.

The second one can be used on a lot of sundies unless it's a Deployment Shield sundy and maybe an armored sundy. Especially at max rank the shield alone will absorb most of the damage. If you have 2 sticks of C4 on your heavy it could be doable as I think the C4 will pop the shield, and then AV grenades and rockets to the rear could get it.

One I like to do is mining in any fashion, my favorites being dropping from a cheap air vehicle on top of the sundy, or doing "drive-by mining" with a cloaker driving a cloak flash, and an engineer on the back. However, mine guard can guard against them, max rank resists the max amount of mines an engineer can carry, and its the only defense that is not easily noticeable since its attached to the bottom. Deploy shield is also very absorby but it can be destroyed with careful planning (so hopefully not too many enemies around) and max rank of the mine carrying cert (5 total). You break the mines into 2 groups, 1 having 2 mines for popping the shield, and the other group with 3 for destroying the sundy, though I think you can do it in reverse order and it will deal enough damage, you just have to separate them properly so they don't set each other off. You can use a sticky (frag also works but sticky will help with a precision throw so it doesn't bounce) but since mine carrier will eliminate the ability to have extra 'nades you'll have to shoot the 2nd set.

The golden necromancer.

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxClerve
10-11-2016, 08:05 PM
I worry about getting that close to lay the C4 or mines, but working with a Wraith is a nice idea.

How effective is a lancer squad?

Warrior Nation

United States WNxCaptainCrunch5
10-11-2016, 08:21 PM
I have already experimented with this and spent the certs and did exactly what you describe in #2. It is a fun load-out for sure, but what I have found is that if there and fair amount of traffic coming out of the sundee spawn, I will die before delivering my full payload of 4 tank grenades and 4(?) decimator rockets. If its quiet, then no problem and most sundee's will be dust.

What used to work real nice is 4 sticks of C4 on a flash and ram/ remote detonate. If the bus is still there, then I deploy the engineer's anti-vehicle turret. But within the last half year, the dev's have changed how C4 gets certed.

That reminds me of one of the quickest ways I've found to destroy sundee's is to sneak up on one with an engineer, drop one or two tank mines, throw a sticky grenade for a reliable but delayed time detonation, and throw the last 3 or 4 mines while grenade timer is still ticking. Oh, then I die - its a suicide run, but a tactic that works most of the time. Note: this uses a lot of nanite resources, tank mines are expensive to replenish, so you can turn off auto-replenish.

Good luck! Give us an update on what you find to be effective for you.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Minecraft

United States WNxTiberianGaming
10-11-2016, 09:05 PM
WoW Characters
How much damage do AV Grenades actually do and how good is the "Sticking" ability, since I seem to find they do little compared to the other AV options available/presented?

Warrior Nation

Canada WNxClerve
10-11-2016, 10:53 PM
In a VR test AV grenades would drop a stock Sunderer by about 2/3. For sure below half. So roughly 2 grenades for 1/3 Sundy damage.

I haven't certed this way for live test and can't really say what challenge there would be for a resist shield. My theory on the matter is with the grenades you do not need to "sneak" right up to the Sunderer, stand at a distance and toss the grenades. Then you reveal yourself with the first rocket, reload and the second should finish the job. All theory and worked well in VR but with the chaos of actual battle I would venture the reality to be hit or miss. In "theory" not a terrible ratio for this game.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Minecraft

United States WNxTiberianGaming
10-12-2016, 11:29 AM
WoW Characters
Alright thanks! Perhaps I need to perfect my technique then.