Thread: Voice Coms
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

United States WNxUnderwood
04-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Local Time: 04:41 PM
Honorable Discharge
Voice Coms
I tried sifting through most of the general forums, but I couldn't find one. Is there a program generally being used by everyone? Do we have one set up for HoTS?

Primary: Overwatch
Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
04-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Local Time: 05:41 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
The entire nation has a global mumble server that you can login to using your forum name and password. Normally though when we play together we usually just use skype. However I would love to get the mumble active.

Address = mumble.warriornation.net
Port = Defualt

Last edited by WNxAwp666; 04-17-2015 at 09:24 AM..

Warrior Nation

United States WNxKalislayer
04-17-2015, 09:34 AM
A decent few of us use Curse as well, myself being one. I personally have a good majority of them downloaded anyhow, so I can usually just go with whatever works for whoever at the time.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxSwitchBlade
04-17-2015, 09:40 AM
WoW Characters
Legendary.
<3
mumble.warriornation.net
Port: 64738
Username: Forum Username
Password: Forum Password

Despite Mumble being our "official" voice comm, sometimes we just use skype or curse. Whatever is easier at the time.

Warrior Nation

04-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Honorable Discharge
Just a recommendation from an organization stand point, having everyone use one in general (since they're all so similar anyway) could help with more participation into grouping.

As an example, if everyone used Mumble, it could be a place to idol in a general sub group for when you're getting ready to play to make grabbing people easier. Or curse or Skype, whatever one. Just more of if everyone uses the same one regularly, it'll be one less thing to think about.

Load up the game, load up voice coms into the general channel, grab people & go. Plus it'll be a way to just meet new people to chit chat.

On a personal note, I usually organize Friday night drinking rumbles (for the adults) with a splash of drinking and usually a lot of hilarity.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxJudge
04-17-2015, 11:58 AM
For now, It's basically Skype/Curse. The issue that I'm personally having (can't speak for everyone) is that Curse is not yet mobile, and I cannot use my tablet for VC. Some of us here despise Skype with the burning passion of a thousand suns, so I'm making changes to be able to use Curse. I personally recommend Skype, but eh.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxNextfear
04-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxJudge View Post
For now, It's basically Skype/Curse. The issue that I'm personally having (can't speak for everyone) is that Curse is not yet mobile, and I cannot use my tablet for VC. Some of us here despise Skype with the burning passion of a thousand suns, so I'm making changes to be able to use Curse. I personally recommend Skype, but eh.
Quote me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Curse come out with a beta for Android in March if that was the tablet you are using.

Warrior Nation

04-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Problem with Skype is it's a processor hog. For those with less than optimal systems that can present an issue. To be honest, Curse isn't too much better, difference being Curse is made to run with games running. TeamSpeak ultimately is my personal favorite. I have mixed feelings about Mumble. I haven't used it much, but it crashed my computer the first time I installed it, so... I don't trust it much. Curse and TS in my personal experience are the best and easiest to use. Ventrilo coming in a close second, as it's essentially the same thing as TS.

Warrior Nation

04-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Honorable Discharge
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxKalislayer View Post
Problem with Skype is it's a processor hog. For those with less than optimal systems that can present an issue. To be honest, Curse isn't too much better, difference being Curse is made to run with games running. TeamSpeak ultimately is my personal favorite. I have mixed feelings about Mumble. I haven't used it much, but it crashed my computer the first time I installed it, so... I don't trust it much. Curse and TS in my personal experience are the best and easiest to use. Ventrilo coming in a close second, as it's essentially the same thing as TS.
I didn't even know this game was on tablet lol. Personally I prefer Team Speak myself as well over mumble. If I had to rank them I would do TS > Mumble > Curse > Skype. In the end, ANY voice com is better than trying to type anything out.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxJudge
04-17-2015, 02:50 PM
The game isn't on tablet, but i use my tablet to chat as I'm having mic issues, and as Kali says, chat programs are processor hogs, and I'm using a less than optimal PC for the time being. Only problem there is TS costs money on android, and if there was a curse beta for android, Nextfear, its been removed from the app store.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxSakido
04-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Honorable Discharge
Optimistic cynic.
Personal experience shows that MOBA players always prefer TS3. Just something to think about.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxAwp666
04-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Honorable Discharge
FPS Genre > You
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxSakido View Post
Personal experience shows that MOBA players always prefer TS3. Just something to think about.
What? I don't even....

It doesn't matter what we use imo, as long as we all use the same thing. WN's mumble is free and easy to use and already setup seems like the logical choice to me.

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

United States WNxRemorse
04-17-2015, 09:09 PM
WNxSlege
I feel mumble is defiantly the com of choice for the fact that WN pays for it for us all to use. I am in Curse to either use the com or it has a instant messenger feature and also tells you what game you friend is playing. Easy way to notice if they are up for the same thing you are. For game nights, We will be using mumble. I am on mumble anytime i am in game and also on curse. I can not tell a difference yet if one is a bigger hog than the other, but Skype has no push to talk feature, and if your using Windows 8 or newer.......Skype is a app that murders your ears and computer at the same time.

*** R.I.P. WNxSlege - WN member 1999-2009 ***

Warrior Nation

United States WNxNextfear
04-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxJudge View Post
The game isn't on tablet, but i use my tablet to chat as I'm having mic issues, and as Kali says, chat programs are processor hogs, and I'm using a less than optimal PC for the time being. Only problem there is TS costs money on android, and if there was a curse beta for android, Nextfear, its been removed from the app store.
My bad man I just remembered hearing it was suppose to come in March to Android they must have delayed it

Warrior Nation

Australia WNxBandit
04-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Local Time: 08:41 AM
High Koala-ty
Someone told me mumble makes you lag on hots for some particular reason; and I saw some evidence of this when I used it. But, nothing was definitive (i could have lagged cause someone was downloading etc) so mumble is still my preferred choice. I use it for all games i play and often idle there. I have been using curse for hots though, playing with next, shroud and kali in particular...so i dont mind that. I also use skype for dota games with real life friends and I dont mind that either.

I saw we make mumble our default, and use curse whemever it suits a group you are playing with, and we should also set up a skype chat for just general chit chat and organising games/organising people to jump on mumble.

Is that too much? :p

Warrior Nation

04-17-2015, 09:53 PM
If they're paying for Mumble, I honestly think they'd have a better investment in TS3, but that's merely my opinion. Mumble is a bit out-dated, to be honest, and just personally I don't like the interface. TS3 has always seemed easy to use and understand. That being said, for the sake of communication I'll use whatever program the general public uses, as I've been playing MOBAs since the original DotA, and know how important voice comm is to coordinated play.

However, having been on voice chat with a few of you (and technically paraphrasing a previous conversation) I think we need to better establish how to use the comm, whichever may be the comm of choice. By that I mean I think if we're going to progress into Hero and perhaps eventually Team League we need to work on actually talking while we're in Voice Chat. Don't get me wrong, having fun is of course the number one priority, but if we're going to go on the path of ranked play, then we need to communicate like we want to go somewhere with it. As Remorse, Draugr and I discussed briefly, I think having a sort of QB or for lack of better terms "Shot-caller" is something to discuss, but perhaps at a different time and in a different thread.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxFarva
04-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Local Time: 02:41 PM
For some reason Mumble messes with my computer hardcore. I can use TS3, and curse just fine though. Lately I've been playing a lot of games with Kalislayer and we've been using curse. I like that it's similar to Skype but less of a resource hog at least for me.