Thread: Hero Requests Board
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

United States WNxFather
08-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Local Time: 01:27 PM
WoW Characters
Orange Mark 041
Hero Requests Board
Let me just start off by saying that NO ONE can be perfect at ALL of the Heroes in this game. These forums do not just exist solely for the "noobs" of the community, and anyone with that attitude, I encourage to take part in the upcoming tournaments, to prove me wrong (clever marketing ploys, hehe)!

Tournaments or not, though, with the amount of Heroes currently in game, and the amount of Heroes set to be added to this game, everyone could do with some brushing up on the current Meta or tricks that the top players tend to keep to themselves. Many a game in Hero League someone steals the Hero that I was going to choose, or I get final draft, and I sometimes get stuck playing Heroes that I don't feel comfortable playing competetively (Valla, Jaina, Kerrigan). And those are characters that I have played almost to Master level.

As an Abathur player, I have made it my mission to try to Master every character this game has to offer. Maybe that's why I understand the importance of these forums, and take them so seriously. You cannot beat your opponent if you do not know how they operate, nor can you truly aid your allies until you have achieved that same goal. I expect everyone here that wishes to partake in Hero League and Team League to have "mastered" at LEAST 12 Heroes. The minimum required to be owned is 10, but if you have final draft, you may understand why it is best not to pick Uther/Malf/Tyrande when your team already has Brightwing and Tassadar (although now that I think of it... WHY would your team have BW and Tass?). You get my point though.

Also, when I say "mastered", I don't mean LV 10, I simply mean strong enough as a player to hold your own both in a match AND a debate upon the character's actual importance/drawbacks to a team comp. Also, you should feel COMFORTABLE playing that hero.
As for all other heroes, I expect everyone to get them to level 5. Why 5? It is one level above talent gated, and it earns you 500 gold. Even if it only takes you 3 games to get them to level five, that should be enough for you to get a basic grasp of how that character plays, and how to properly deal with them in combat. In the end, it isn't about how well you play your Hero, it is about how well you can counter-act your opponents. Think less skill, more intuition, knowledge, and situational pressure. You can be the worst Nova player in the world, facing the best Nova player, but if you can find a way to decloak them BEFORE they initiate on your team, it will shatter their element of surprise and give your team time to run/gank.

Onto my main point, though... While ideally we SHOULD have guides on every Hero, being constantly updated with every alteration to go through to that Hero, I discourage that thought. Sometimes you cannot truly learn a chracter until you learn on your own, thinking on your feet. So I will refrain from writing guides on certain Heroes if I feel that you can learn on your own through Trial and Error. HOWEVER, anyone who wishes to see a guide on a certain Hero: Post your request in a reply to this post. Myself or someone else will post a Guide in time to help you or anyone else. So... eventually, I suppose, we WILL have a guide for every Hero. But no sense in rushing to that point, eh?

One final note... When someone chooses to request a Hero on here... Before ANYONE chooses to take it upon themselves to write the guide, please post a reply here stating that you shall be doing so, upon making sure no one has beaten you to it. This is to prevent multiple people posting guides on the same Hero, and then getting upset/causing confusion. If you want to write a guide on a hero someone else is doing... All I can say is that you wait until their guide comes out, and then post your opinion there. Assuming the only ones writing guides are people who actually know the class, and not just people who wanted to look good and relied on other websites for their info... We shouldn't have too much of a problem. Although, as I have said before, most talent choices are personal preference. While the current Meta for Abathur is Adrenal Overload, and it has the higher win rate, I have a MUCH higher win rate with Ballistospores. So if you are GOING to write a guide... Be ready for someone to debate with you on your choices, and try to explain IN YOUR GUIDE your reasonings. We all play Heroes somewhat differently. Some people (you know who you are), play a tad bit TOO aggressively on certain Heroes, while some are much too passive. In the end, though, it is personal preference, and I hope no one gets too offended that some people don't agree with your decisions. We're all here for the same reason:

To be the best
*cough cough cough*
I mean have fun!

I bid thee farewell, and let the Hero Guide suggestions BEGIN!

Also, need my BattleTag? Father#1740

Warrior Nation

United States WNxBach
08-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Local Time: 12:27 PM
WoW Characters
Can't wait to see what people have to say about their fav heroes.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

United States WNxFather
08-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Local Time: 01:27 PM
WoW Characters
Hello everyone. Just reminding you that this is here... Also, with Monk coming out soon, I wanted to know who wants to see a Guide written on him? And if anyone would like the honors? With Monk being in the PTR, I've reviewed his builds and... Not as versatile as I hoped, but more so than I expected. So if any of you HAVE been playing him in the PTR, feel free to call dibs here on him. Or else I might. :p

While a Guide for Kharazim might not be necessary... He is a support class that functions as the best melee assassin yet. His healing trait (should you choose it) is basically an Extraverted Frostwolf Resilience, as if having Thrall wasn't OP enough. So, the "best" heal build for him is up for debate, and really goes between whether you want to heal off of combat, or heal off of strait up spamming your W.

It will require some testing... Playing a few games and comparing the numbers, and trying out various talent combinations... Also, seeing what Heroes benefit the most from him. Synergy is key in Ranked play, so any fantastic/unusual synergies would be nice to know. Don't forget to give details... Like, I want to know things like if ETC is channeling Mosh Pit and "dies" while Divine Palm is on him, will it cancel his channel before healing is will it go uninterrupted. Or if the heal will activate while Johanna's Invincible is up (meaning they proc at the same time), or if you have to wait to prevent her second death. These are the tips and tricks I refer to, just as a future reference for any Hero guides done.

SO.
1) Who wants to see/write a Kharazim (Monk) guide
2) What Heroes do you guys want to see a guide made on post-patch. Btw, I suggest you all read the patch notes, if you haven't already. A lot of you fave Heroes are being affected. Oh, and Gathering Power got nerfed into the Burning Hells LOOOOOOOOL

Also, need my BattleTag? Father#1740

Warrior Nation

United States WNxKalislayer
08-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Local Time: 12:27 PM
I think I'd like to reserve the rights to Kharazim's guide. Monks have been my favorite class ever since my dad was playing D&D with my uncles and I was like 4... lol