Thread: How to improve my internet?
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

England WNxRip
08-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Local Time: 10:07 PM
LINE PIECE!!!!!!!!
How to improve my internet?
Okay so i've got a problem.

I've had the same ISP for years now, we've never changed the package that we've gotten off of them.

Last year I was about to play LoL and MMORPG's like Archeage fine without any problems at all. Nothings changed from where the router is placed nor where my computer was from this time last year.

Over the past few days i've noticed I can't seem to play Archeage without being kicked for internet ping issues.

On LoL i'd notice my Ping would hold at about 64-75 and then suddenly skyrocket (Same thing I'm presuming is happening in archeage as i'd be playing fine and then all of a sudden i'd get kicked).

I have an internet router, an OOOOOOLD one, I'm talking a BT Homehub 2 from 2008... Now the current model is the 2014 model which is a Bt Home Hub 5

Would that be likely to improve my internet connection at all (I'm in an old farmhouse with thick walls, my internet shows the full 6 bars white on my PC but i'm not sure if thats a lie or not).

Is it worth investing $100 in that new Router or do you think there's another reason behind this sudden issue that I wasn't having this time last year?

Wanna join me? Come and play. But I might shoot you, in your face!

I remember World War 2 like it was 70 years ago

Warrior Nation

United States WNxDaisuke-kun
08-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Sheppard, The Coward
I would suggest contacting you ISP to do a test on you line. There are times when bad luck happens and your outside line have deteriorated. Let us know what happen and we can go through alternative options.

Intel i5 4670k OC 4.4Ghz | Asus Z87-Pro | eVGA GeForce GTX 760 w/ ACX Cooler | 2 4GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 | Rosewill Challenger Mid-Tower Case

Warrior Nation

England WNxRip
08-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Local Time: 10:07 PM
LINE PIECE!!!!!!!!
Gone and sped up my PC. LoL no longer seems to be suffering lag spikes/spikes in ping and is holding steady at about 63 ping

Now Archeage is the only problem right now, i'm going to the extreme measure of uninstalling the whole program and reinstalling it as the anti cheat program has been updated (haven't played in like 11 months). Now I can play the game pretty well for 5-10 minutes at which point without fail the gods have disconnected me (Basically kicked by the server for some reason).

I'm going to see if it's the Hackshield pro thats doing it and we'll see if a whole program reinstall fixes the issue

Wanna join me? Come and play. But I might shoot you, in your face!

I remember World War 2 like it was 70 years ago