Thread: Section Address
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

United States WNx ArielOfTheVale
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Local Time: 03:32 PM
For Great Justice!
Important
Section Address
Hi all,

Due to changes in Warrior Nation policy, Guild Wars 2 will be going through Development, rather than becoming part of Guild Wars Series, as was previously arranged. This ensures that everyone who comes into the section will be given a fair shot at leadership, and that future leadership of the section is properly trained and ready to handle the challenges that await. This is what will be best for the section, to make it operate most efficiently, so we can all have a great gaming experience for GW2.

What will this mean for us?
Nothing for the time being. Guild Wars 2 is still at least several months away from being fully released. The development stages will not begin until a few short weeks prior to release. When that time comes, we will all simply switch primaries to Guild Wars 2, regardless of whether we will be playing the game or not; Guild Wars 1 will continue to be supported in that section. (If you want an example of how this is to be done, take a look at the transition from Diablo II to Diablo III.) Everything related to Guild Wars 1 will be located in a sub-forum, as it would have happened here if GW 2 merged with GWS.

If anyone has questions or concerns, we'll do our best to answer them. Like I said, this is still several months off, so no details are set in stone yet. In the meantime, let's have some fun here and in the beta

-Ariel

Last edited by WNx ArielOfTheVale; 05-02-2012 at 10:25 AM..
My blade hungers for your flesh. You wouldn't want it to go hungry, would you?

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

Finland WNxSaint
05-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Local Time: 10:32 PM
Do we have guild already in Beta?

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

Denmark WNxZexion
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Local Time: 09:32 PM
Fite for the lite
Yup, we got one created by proxy of ojan. 12 members in it or so

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

(Guild Chat during GW:EotN preview at 1 am)
Raynewen Wildheart: i so need an orgasm. rightnow. IGNORE THAT! oh god im drunk

Warrior Nation

WNxCuTty
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered
#
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxSaint View Post
Do we have guild already in Beta?
We did? But now the beta has finished, it is no more? Right?

Sounds sweet anyways!

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

Denmark WNxZexion
05-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Fite for the lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxCuTty View Post
We did? But now the beta has finished, it is no more? Right?

Sounds sweet anyways!
So far seems progress in beta will be wiped before next beta, but who's to say they will delete the guild+characters, and simply not reset to level 1, aka gw1 launch way back then

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

(Guild Chat during GW:EotN preview at 1 am)
Raynewen Wildheart: i so need an orgasm. rightnow. IGNORE THAT! oh god im drunk

Warrior Nation

United States WNxOjan23
05-02-2012, 03:13 PM
ALWAYS be prepared :)
If that is the case where chars stay but everything is set back to normal and we're still in the guilds that'll be nice...

and this is what i figured would happen with the section, no way of getting around dev for the most part

"we'll end up numb from playing video games, and we'll get sick of having sex" - The Limousines

Warrior Nation

United States WNxBloodRunner
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Local Time: 02:32 PM
Kitty and Cakes FTW!!
When the time comes, I'm sure we'll all figure it out. I plan on making GW2 primary with a D3 secondary.

If you want peace, prepare for war...

Warrior Nation
Secondary: World of Tanks

Netherlands WNxThrawn
05-03-2012, 04:32 AM
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxBloodRunner View Post
When the time comes, I'm sure we'll all figure it out. I plan on making GW2 primary with a D3 secondary.
I'll be stalking you with that exact same configuration! Muahaha! ...

For the people that want a shot at leadership, don't be discouraged by Thrawn hounding you to do well! He can be nice too and is always willing to assist in whichever way possible.

Being GM of a section is a great experience in which you will sometimes have to deal with some difficult choices. This diminishes in contrast with the excitement and pride you get from running a successful section and making it your own!

We still have a little bit of time to go before we get there though! In the meanwhile, drop by in the Guild Wars 2 pre-release section and show them what our section is all about. Not to mention to massively share your excitement and expectations for and of the to come game!

(Ojan23): do you got tattoos?
(Ojan23): you probably have like a scuba depth gauge on your weiner and just don't tell anyone

Warrior Nation

Finland WNxSaint
05-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Then another question. What will be the World where most of WN players will play? Do we all need to be on the same world. If we like group up to kill some ugly monsters

Warrior Nation

United States WNxOjan23
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
ALWAYS be prepared :)
So I believe we are all going to try to be on the same world, I believe everyone who went to EU based servers from US did not experience much lag? However, to play PvE with each other all you need to do is at the log in screen go to the world (server) list and choose the one you want and select "guest" and you can go play there for free. You can also change your home world every 7 days (at least that is the current situation) and it costs you 1800 gems, which you can purchase with real money or using in game gold, which fluctuates based on market prices.

The US and EU worlds during the last beta that we all tried to join were Yak's Bend and Gandara respectively. I would assume the same two will be decided upon for the next beta, but we can wait and see on that one.

btw all or most of this info is in the GW2 forum

"we'll end up numb from playing video games, and we'll get sick of having sex" - The Limousines

Warrior Nation

WNxAizen
05-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Unregistered
I think I will go Yak's Bend because for PvP it is really important to have the fastest connection. In PvE as Ojan stated you can just go in as a guest and quest with your friends in other servers.

Warrior Nation

Finland WNxSaint
05-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Ok Thx to all.

Warrior Nation

United States WNx ArielOfTheVale
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
For Great Justice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxThrawn View Post
Being GM of a section is a great experience in which you will sometimes have to deal with some difficult choices. This diminishes in contrast with the excitement and pride you get from running a successful section and making it your own!
Oh how true this is I have loved being GM though. Hopefully you have all loved me as much *-*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxSaint View Post
Then another question. What will be the World where most of WN players will play? Do we all need to be on the same world. If we like group up to kill some ugly monsters
Keep an eye on the GW2 pre-release forum. We should have some world nominations and voting in the near future.

My blade hungers for your flesh. You wouldn't want it to go hungry, would you?

Warrior Nation

United Kingdom WNx Nano
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Local Time: 07:32 PM
Kairu Rocks My World.
Someone just tell em when to switch my primary =)