Thread: GW2 Pre-Order
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

WNxMasama
04-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Unregistered
Pre purchased the Digital Deluxe! The miniature Rytlock is worth the extra $20.

Primary: Diablo 3
Warrior Nation

United States WNxDubbleChrisP
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Local Time: 11:26 AM
I don't do stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxTyr4el View Post
IM SO BROKE!

When does pre-order end?
Unless you want one of the big physical CE's, the preorders will most likely continue until the game comes out. But in order to get into the BWE, you'll need to prepurchase the game in full.

Diablo III Profile: DubbleChrisP
Steam Profile: DubbleChrisP

Warrior Nation

United States WNx ArielOfTheVale
04-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Local Time: 01:26 PM
For Great Justice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxOjan23 View Post
How'd you know?
Ojan.7264
........^^^ make sure you guys include the number so we get the right one; wouldn't want us to find a more awesome version of you and have you replaced in our hearts
Is this how we will be displayed in game? I thought this was just the username for the GW2 forums.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess that's how it will show up for everything.

Last edited by WNx ArielOfTheVale; 04-20-2012 at 01:48 PM..
My blade hungers for your flesh. You wouldn't want it to go hungry, would you?

Warrior Nation

04-21-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't do stuff
Just pre-purchased my Digital Deluxe edition. I'll see you guys next weekend. I'll probably only have time to play on Saturday night and for just a little bit on Sunday evening, but I'll be there.

Primary: Minecraft
Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThum
04-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Local Time: 07:26 PM
Jaqun
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNx ArielOfTheVale View Post
Is this how we will be displayed in game? I thought this was just the username for the GW2 forums.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess that's how it will show up for everything.
Well, this name is only used in the forum. Only, when someone chooses the same name as you, then the 4 digits will be put behind your name ingame aswell!

So if you don't want that 4 stupid digits, come up with a name that is so retarded that no-one will ever copy!

Edit: At leased, this is what I read about it.. Though I do not quite understand it, do you not give seperate names to all your characters? So how do they meen "in-game" , it's not like all my characters will be named this one single name + 4 digits... right?

Last edited by WNxThum; 04-22-2012 at 03:34 AM..

Warrior Nation
Secondary: Diablo 3

Netherlands WNxThrawn
04-22-2012, 04:59 AM
WoW Characters
I think it's much like the Blizzard BattleTag, which also adds a code to your name (My Battletag, for example is: Hieracon#2234, while I only entered Hieracon). In-Game, you'll probably need both codes to add someone to your Friends List but it won't display in-game.

(Ojan23): do you got tattoos?
(Ojan23): you probably have like a scuba depth gauge on your weiner and just don't tell anyone

Warrior Nation

United States WNxPyrZern
04-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Local Time: 10:26 AM
Temperance
Dawn
Pre-Ordered mine.
When can we access our account online ?

Found a new Girl for my Ava/Sig ~!!!!
New Folio Website

Warrior Nation

WNxKurai
05-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered
I was foolish and pre-purchased through gamestop. They gave me a code... however, it say it is not valid. Either I am entering the code in the wrong place or gamestop has screwed me over.

I'm begining to fear I will not be able to play any of the beta weekend events. *sigh* Wonder how long it will take for Gamestop to refund my DDE order so I can do it through Anet as I should have originally done.

*edit* I figured it out... gamestop didn't screw me over I just forgot I deleted their annoying online application, which lead me to the correct place for the key.

Last edited by WNxKurai; 05-04-2012 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: My own fleeting ignorance.

Warrior Nation

Denmark WNxZexion
05-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Fite for the lite
The MMOtte.XXXX etc is yeah, kinda like the realID from battle.net. Can be used to add friends, but apparently not to add people to guild.

As with guilds, it is kinda like GW1. You get a pending invite to a character name (works even when offline). Afterwards, when you accept all your characters on the account join the guild, but do not represent* automatically. Once represented, when alts are online, it will show "Alt Name (Main Name)" in the online users of the guild.
In other words, were I to create Wnx Zexion and get invited to guild, then delete Wnx Zexion, all my characters would easily be identifiable as me. Yup, the same system that's been used for ages in the GW section (Also, pretty sure there's now custom member notes, so people who don't do that can just get a note describing who they are, but I like the old way better)

Point of all this? To assure ariel that his account identifier really doesn't matter much. Yeah, can be used to add friends, and used on the forums, otherwise not used for much.

As for Kurai:

Quote:
U.S. customers will receive their Pre-Purchase serial code on a store receipt or in an email from the retailer.
That's the code you got eh?

Then it's entered here, which I assume is where you tried entering?
https://register.guildwars2.com/

Tried entering both with and without "-" / dashes?

Lastly, there have been some issues in the past, your last resort would be to contact support:
http://support.guildwars2.com/app/an...bm9PbW1JV2s%3D

Dunno if you can see that link without having an account, but hopefully you can

_Zexion

*Representing is done simply by clicking Represent in the guild window, and enables you to earn influence for the guild, gives you the guild tag/emblem and enables the guild chat.

(Guild Chat during GW:EotN preview at 1 am)
Raynewen Wildheart: i so need an orgasm. rightnow. IGNORE THAT! oh god im drunk

Warrior Nation
Secondary: World of Tanks

United States WNxTyr4el
05-05-2012, 08:33 AM
WoW Characters
It's TEE-REE-UHL!
Pre-ordered/purchased (whichever, idk), got my serial, registered right after purchase and I'm all set! 3 days early access AND betas! Woo!

EDIT: The email says pre-purchased. What's the difference between pre-order and pre-purchase? Lol

And whens the next beta weekend?

Last edited by WNxTyr4el; 05-05-2012 at 09:00 AM..

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"
-Shakespeare

Warrior Nation

05-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't do stuff
Quote:
Pre-ordered/purchased (whichever, idk), got my serial, registered right after purchase and I'm all set! 3 days early access AND betas! Woo!

EDIT: The email says pre-purchased. What's the difference between pre-order and pre-purchase? Lol

And whens the next beta weekend?
Pre-order is generally a non-committal downpayment on a game to show your interest in purchasing it when it is fully released. You do not pay the full price, and can get a refund of your money if you decide not to actually get the game.

Pre-purchase means you pay for the full copy of the game up front, and by all respects all ready own the product. You just have to wait for it to come out.

And we don't know when the next BWE is, but they have expressed the plan to have one every month. So it should be some time in May, but no news as to when.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxTyr4el
05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
WoW Characters
It's TEE-REE-UHL!
Fine with me. Its been installing on my shitty college internet all day lol

-Shakespeare

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxChista
05-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I've a moral compass
It points South
got my physical pre-purchase in yesterday, so I'll be there next beta to see if i really like it =) with no monthly fee there's little to stop me from trying it out.

♫I like cookies♫
♫Do you like em too?♫
♫Don't you eat them all now♫
♫'Cos I'd like to eat some too.♫

Warrior Nation

United States WNxTyr4el
05-07-2012, 07:37 AM
WoW Characters
It's TEE-REE-UHL!
"Trying?" Guild Wars isn't something you "try." It's something you pick up and become instantly addicted to and never put down. Guild Wars tries you.

-Shakespeare

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxChista
05-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I've a moral compass
It points South
Quote:
"Trying?" Guild Wars isn't something you "try." It's something you pick up and become instantly addicted to and never put down. Guild Wars tries you.
Ah! But will it try me hard enough? ^^ I've been an avid gamer since I was 6. It's hard for anything to snag me that hard. I sort of just gave up on TERA after 42 levels (no-one to play with, doesn't feel like "home" and apart from visually has nothing to really catch and hold me. Safe to say, the combat is the only thing I really cared about. I could put down a more intimately detailed account of my experience but that would likely be considered spam)

I do hope you are right though, it's about time something that broke the cycle of lameness in games rose, roared and scared all the old crap into a dark corner where it ought to stay for a long time. Single player games have been more innovative of late. I just hope you are right about this being that it =)

♫I like cookies♫
♫Do you like em too?♫

Primary: Minecraft
Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxThum
05-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Jaqun
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxChista View Post
Ah! But will it try me hard enough? ^^ I've been an avid gamer since I was 6. It's hard for anything to snag me that hard. I sort of just gave up on TERA after 42 levels (no-one to play with, doesn't feel like "home" and apart from visually has nothing to really catch and hold me. Safe to say, the combat is the only thing I really cared about. I could put down a more intimately detailed account of my experience but that would likely be considered spam)

I do hope you are right though, it's about time something that broke the cycle of lameness in games rose, roared and scared all the old crap into a dark corner where it ought to stay for a long time. Single player games have been more innovative of late. I just hope you are right about this being that it =)
He's right, don't worry!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxTyr4el
05-07-2012, 11:13 AM
WoW Characters
It's TEE-REE-UHL!
If you ever played GW1 then you'd know that it's hard to put down Guild Wars. There's always something to do, somewhere to go and always people to party with and do things with. Being in a guild just means you'll literally never have to type "Warrior LFP" again, lol. With the level cap increase, random pop-up events throughout the world, new skill system, WvW, PvP, and 8 classes (which I'm sure will be added upon with expansions in the far future), I think you'll feel right at home with this one.

-Shakespeare

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxChista
05-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I've a moral compass
It points South
Quote:
If you ever played GW1 then you'd know that it's hard to put down Guild Wars. There's always something to do, somewhere to go and always people to party with and do things with. Being in a guild just means you'll literally never have to type "Warrior LFP" again, lol. With the level cap increase, random pop-up events throughout the world, new skill system, WvW, PvP, and 8 classes (which I'm sure will be added upon with expansions in the far future), I think you'll feel right at home with this one.
Actually. i never did get far in GW1, Didn't have anyone to play with so I left off at 16 (big frost area thingy start), lost my account... Ordered them again today and started a trail cos some of the HoM thingies seem sexy =S Just hoping I can find someone to lend me a hand to get some of em =)

♫I like cookies♫
♫Do you like em too?♫

Warrior Nation

United States WNxOjan23
05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
ALWAYS be prepared :)
To get the HoM stuff, you need to have the last expansion: Eye of the North. That is where the hall of monuments is located.

"we'll end up numb from playing video games, and we'll get sick of having sex" - The Limousines

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxChista
05-07-2012, 12:30 PM
I've a moral compass
It points South
It'll arrive in 2-3 days according to the site I bought it on, till then I want to get as far as possible in the prophecies campaign. I have 8 hours left on my trail and if you add a code you can just keep playing ^^

♫I like cookies♫
♫Do you like em too?♫