Thread: Headset issues
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

WNxStruyk
03-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Unregistered
#
Headset issues
Medusa NX 5.1 ( no usb )

Getting so tired of this problem that I decided to ask for some help.... ( got this problem for 2 months now, so restarting pc doesnt fix it! )
So I was talking with someone on skype, left the conversation and my mic never worked again since then.

When I unplug my pink jack nothing changes under my Recording Tab in Sound.

Headset works fine, I think my pc just doesnt recognise my mic.

I can't try it on another pc as I dont have any and I dont have jackets on my Laptops.

Screenshots:

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by WNxStruyk; 03-28-2012 at 09:52 AM..

Warrior Nation

WNxIce
03-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Unregistered
#
Your default Mic and Sound won't change if you unplug your headphones because they are not USB. If you had a USB headset then yes you would see changes to your sound.

Now back to the problem, If this has occurred for awhile and you can't test it with any other laptop or PC then update your drivers. If you have updated your sound drivers for your motherboard or sound card, then buy a USB to 3.5mm converter. This will make your headphones being able to use its own sound driver from the USB. If this fixes the problem then you know the answer to this which can be a bad mic 3.5mm port or you need to update your drivers.

Last edited by WNxIce; 03-29-2012 at 01:42 AM..

Warrior Nation

WNxStruyk
03-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Unregistered
#
Could you help me with upgrading my motherboards drivers? I dont have a sound card.
Where can I find out what motherboard I have?

Warrior Nation

WNxEleanor
03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Unregistered
#
You're supposed to have a CD with your computer's drivers, put it in, then right click /my computer, select propreties, click on devices manager on the top left, find your sound device, right click it, select update, select update from my computer, set your CD as the path, click ok.

Warrior Nation

WNxIce
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered
#
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxStruyk View Post
Could you help me with upgrading my motherboards drivers? I dont have a sound card.
Eleanor got it good but to upgrade that help, I need your brand name computer and model you have. Model number like an HP DV6 etc etc.

If you can give me that information then I can link you to the manufacturers website (Not HP Dell etc... more like realtek.com etc)

If you have a realtek sound card then download that from the realtek website.

Primary: WarCraft 3
Warrior Nation

South Korea WNxCarrion7
03-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Local Time: 12:13 PM
Complex Contemplation
Skype also changes some settings around. Something about preferring application settings or something -- I forget. It's under "Sound" in Control Panel though. Perhaps that's what happened? Was this the very first call you ever made?

Quote:
WNxStruyk:
You can also download CPU-Z and give us a picture of the "General" tab which should be enough if I recall correctly. It's been awhile since I've used it.

Quote:
WNxIce:
If you can give me that information then I can link you to the manufacturers website (Not HP Dell etc... more like realtek.com etc)
No, I don't recommend he downloads it from the manufacturer's website. It's generally not on the re-seller's website for a reason. I recall using AMD and nVidia drivers (latest, mobile version) on my laptop and a restart caused bluescreens. So I went to the manufacturer's website and downloaded their version, no bluescreen. It was the result of the developers on the video card driver's end in which they basically made it for the latest video cards up to a certain point (which I believe is a marketing scheme to force people to buy newer cards).

If they don't have it on their website, it's 85% of the time -- it won't work properly with the hardware you have in your laptop, 14% of the time they're still developing it or 1% of the time they forgot about it.

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Warrior Nation

WNxIce
04-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Unregistered
#
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxCarrion7 View Post
Skype also changes some settings around. Something about preferring application settings or something -- I forget. It's under "Sound" in Control Panel though. Perhaps that's what happened? Was this the very first call you ever made?

You can also download CPU-Z and give us a picture of the "General" tab which should be enough if I recall correctly. It's been awhile since I've used it.

No, I don't recommend he downloads it from the manufacturer's website. It's generally not on the re-seller's website for a reason. I recall using AMD and nVidia drivers (latest, mobile version) on my laptop and a restart caused bluescreens. So I went to the manufacturer's website and downloaded their version, no bluescreen. It was the result of the developers on the video card driver's end in which they basically made it for the latest video cards up to a certain point (which I believe is a marketing scheme to force people to buy newer cards).

If they don't have it on their website, it's 85% of the time -- it won't work properly with the hardware you have in your laptop, 14% of the time they're still developing it or 1% of the time they forgot about it.
Sometimes PC's do have custom drivers that are made from the manufacturer but rarely you see this with sound drivers.

You can update sound drivers from the realtek website and be fine with it as long he does not have a special type of sound card that is installed to where he needs the manufacturers drivers which is very rarely seen. If you have a PCI-E sound card installed or whatever then go to that manufacturers website and download a new updated set of drivers.

I do agree with you Carrion that you don't want to update certain drivers but very rarely you see these in Sound Cards. Reason why they have this because the manufacturer modifies their hardware parts that comes from the main manufacturer like NVIDIA Hybrid Cards where you can swap video cards from NVIDIA to Intel and right back. My gaming laptop has this and I can not update the drivers through nvidia and instead through Toshiba.

Last edited by WNxIce; 04-02-2012 at 02:45 AM..

Warrior Nation

WNxStruyk
04-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Unregistered
#
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxCarrion7 View Post

Updated driver, and yes it was the first call I ever made which fked it up.
Under sound there was an option to allow applications to take exclusive control, mayby this is the problem?
And is it supposed to be 1 channel 16 bit or 2 channels 16 bit?

Warrior Nation

WNxIce
04-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Unregistered
#
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxStruyk View Post
Updated driver, and yes it was the first call I ever made which fked it up.
Under sound there was an option to allow applications to take exclusive control, mayby this is the problem?
And is it supposed to be 1 channel 16 bit or 2 channels 16 bit?
I would go with 2 channels if you have that option and yes let the applications take exclusive control.