Thread: Game Shut Down
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Primary: Minecraft
Warrior Nation

United States WNxJango Fett
03-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Local Time: 06:56 AM
Danger
Game Shut Down
I am sad to inform you that we at development RPG have decided to shut down this game considering the lack of growth and the fact the game doesn't really work with WN. You have 2 weeks from this post to change primary games, else you will be set to HD. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this and hope that you stay in WN in one of our multitudes of games.

Primary: Ikariam.org
Warrior Nation
Secondary: Neverwinter

United States WNxIblis
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Local Time: 07:56 AM
im really sad to see the section go it seems like i just got here its been fun playing with every one

i hope every one is easily able to find new sections to join and they have even more fun than they had in this section!

Warrior Nation

United States WNxMentalEngineer
03-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Local Time: 09:56 AM
WoW Characters
Work Smart
Play Smarter
For the sake of people's understanding, since this may seem rather sudden, I'll expand a little bit. EVE's been in WN for a long time, but it's never really functioned like a section in the game. People are all in different corps, doing their own things. More importantly, they've made serious time investments to get where they are, and it would be completely unreasonable to expect all of you to drop everything you've been doing, pack up your stuff, move to a new system, and try and build a functioning corp with people who don't share your objectives within the game. The section was put into Development to try some ways of getting all the WN players playing together, or at least cooperating. After many months, and various attempts by various people to make that happen, we really don't think it's going to be possible to ever have this section be more than a collection of individuals. This is not anyone's failure or anyone's fault, it's just a structural condition of the section and the people in it, and we think it's better to officially allow you all to go your own way rather than try and shoehorn you into a system that doesn't fit. If you'd still like a place to strategize, trade, and talk shop on the WN forums, we can look into setting this up as a gaming group - hell, if FF14 has one, no reason you can't.

"Thinking is a momentary dismissal of irrelevancies." --R. Buckminster Fuller

"The plural of anecdote is not 'data.'" --Roger Brinner

Warrior Nation

United States WNxArachnophilic
03-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Local Time: 06:56 AM
I am sad to see this happen as well. Goodness knows I wracked my brains trying to find a way to mesh the WN model of a section with the realities of EVE. Maybe there are ways to make it work but they all seemed to involve restricting the existing players in what they could do.

It seems like for the most part everyone can still go on as usual. We can still keep the WNx public channel open. All the different members can still coordinate and communicate there. If we get a gaming group forum we can still help new players find us in the EVE universe.
(Posted via Mobile Device)

Warrior Nation

WNx General Starr
03-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered
#
Ah, it is rather sad to see this turn of events.

And so i wonder if this section can be re-opened in the future once there is enough interest and members. Because of the fact that you can do almost anything (with varying degrees of necessary time and financial investments as well as dealing with risk factors such as loss of ships and valuables, etc.), this game really does take quite a bit of time to really be worth the interest - and that depends on whether a newcomer has a goal in sight or not, and knows well how to get there.

I haven't been in the game for more than a month, and yet i have had the primary goal of being able to make this char self-sufficient - first as a miner, and when conditions are fair enough, manufacturing. Of course, not easy, but at least the former is doable solo, while the latter part absolutely needs a good corporation /guild.

In any case, good luck to us all.

Warrior Nation

United States WNxKiriko
03-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Honorable Discharge
<Random Joke>
It is sad it has come to this, but here is my Scriptorium thread.
http://warriornation.net/Forum/showt...post1319392707

Warrior Nation

United States WNxExectech
03-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Local Time: 07:56 AM
We may not have a forum section anymore, but Warrior Nation will continue to live in Eve Online! As long as, WNxExectech is still flying around Warrior Nation cannot be removed from Eve!!! Long live Eve Online and Warrior Nation.

Warrior Nation
Secondary: StarCraft2 (NA)

Belgium WNxJehera
03-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Development > You
FoxHound's Sniper Wolf
argh, thats damn sudden indeed, why wasnt i even informed of it? im still the dang GC you know -.-

score communication wise: balls, nada, zero -.-

although i understand the reason, eve isnt "fit" for WN isnt the right thing to say either. WN has been a corp in eve for a long time, even though multiple people wherent inside our corp. We still had a main corp to focuss on, and this isnt impossible to do so again.

now the section might be gone but i'll not give up ingame whenever i get some remaining time to build up a whole corp. its been done before and is not impossible to do so again.

untill then, dont cut this section, make it a gaming group, hell we already got enough secondary's to do that right now, if most primary's turn out secondary theres no way we wouldnt be able to keep it as a GG. ( besides theres important information on fittings and such we cant just disregard, our people still use em so we kinda still need them )

so yea, untill then, gl guys, we tried atleast, it aint easy, and it wont be towards the future, but were still out there! gl guys and thx for the support of those who stuck around!

edit: scripty : http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=714746 -.-

Last edited by WNxJehera; 03-30-2012 at 08:51 AM..
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/jehera/JeheraV2.jpg
-People call mercenaries like us "Dogs of War." But we're different. We are Wolves.. We will die the proud wolf we are-
-I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle-

Warrior Nation

WNxDeepScout999
03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered
#
Well since my primary toon is WNX tagged im pretty certain we wont be leaving eve any time soon.

I'm nut sure what else to set my primary to though... this is the ONLY game I play.

Warrior Nation

WNxDeepScout999
03-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxDeepScout999 View Post

I'm nut sure what else to set my primary to though... this is the ONLY game I play.
Actually I really am wondering about the Eve online game group. And what are my options if I dont play the other games listed on the site.

Can I primary as a member at large?

Warrior Nation

03-30-2012, 10:11 AM
WoW Characters
Work Smart
Play Smarter
Unfortunately, gaming groups don't count as sections for rollcall purposes, so you would have to join another section. If there are no other games in WN that you play, you can join Development: Other; while that category assumes that you're looking at games that will be in WN, waiting for a particular game to release, or something similar, people can and have stayed in it for a while.

Warrior Nation

WNxDeepScout999
03-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxMentalEngineer View Post
Unfortunately, gaming groups don't count as sections for rollcall purposes, so you would have to join another section. If there are no other games in WN that you play, you can join Development: Other; while that category assumes that you're looking at games that will be in WN, waiting for a particular game to release, or something similar, people can and have stayed in it for a while.

I hate to ask again.... but I rarely ever change my primary... cant seem to find the right link via the user CP?

Warrior Nation

03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
WoW Characters
Work Smart
Play Smarter
Go to User CP => Edit Details

Warrior Nation

Netherlands WNxMescalino
03-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Space Monkey!
yes its really sad to see the section drop.
im also unsure where to move to

Play the music, not the instrument.
http://house-mixes.com/artists/DJ_Mescalino/

Warrior Nation

WNx Raven Meshrule
03-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered
with eve there is more than one road to take and not all wants to go out and fight. i done that and after a couple years of fighting i knew that is not what i wanted so i started getting into the indy side of eve and that is what i liked. I started gathering BPO to help out fellow WN members and the times that i did put out the materials and charged under the going rate for the area that i was in I was left hold the produced that i was asked to make. At one time we had a large section under Thor's leadership when fellow members start harassing other corp ingame that is when we fractured into smaller groups to avoid being wardec'd, I tried to bring the section back and when I turned over control of the section the people that was incharge wanted to fight and that is not what all of members wanted.
eve is the only game that i play in warrior nation so i have not decided what im going to do. my friends that are one here if you want my email send me a PM and i will provide it.
fly safe and watch your huds

Warrior Nation

Belgium WNxJehera
03-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Development > You
FoxHound's Sniper Wolf
you can detag me from gc btw, kinda odd to be primary somewhere else beng gc in a ful section lol

-People call mercenaries like us "Dogs of War." But we're different. We are Wolves.. We will die the proud wolf we are-

Warrior Nation

United States WNxXivsa
03-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Awwe, sad to this happen as well. I was a brief member of this section a couple years ago when I came back for the first time to WN under Thor's leadership. The corp was always very helpful and made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. Hopefully the gaming group can provide some semblance of community but I wish you all the best at any rate.

Incep date: 2005

Warrior Nation

Belgium WNxJehera
03-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Development > You
FoxHound's Sniper Wolf
were not gone ingame, even though WN wont support us as a primary section, we aint going anywhere