Thread: PvT - the non-painful version
View Who's Online
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags
Tags
None

Warrior Nation

United States WNxVanillaDay
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Local Time: 04:58 PM
PvT - the non-painful version
Okay, here's the plan. Usually there is a combination of units that does very well against some race. For PvT that combination is stalker / zealot / colossus. We want to get that combination, and we want to do it fast and well. How?

This is called "Probe's PvT." The idea is to spam probes as hard as you possibly can to get an economic advantage over your opponent. This means we want to use our chrono boosts on probes, and we want to be producing probes from out nexuses all the time. If you stopped building a probe for 1 second at the 10 minute mark, then you're not playing Probe's PvT.

So now that we have that established, what else is there to establish? Well, we need units early on to survive. So get a cybernetics core as soon as you can at first, because gas and technology is good. Then get 3 warp gates, and once you have that you should have the output to expand. Your expansion should go up fairly early.

So you got 3 warp gateways and then expanded, preferably ~7 minutes or so into the game. Now you'll be able to make even more probes, and get even more resources. Get a robotics facility and a support bay ASAP. We want colossus. Add on more gateways when your money starts to get out of control. Don't worry...this is Probe's PvT, so you can get up to 8 gateways and it'll still be fine. Just make sure you're spending all those resources...that's the key thing.

It wouldn't hurt to get a forge or two for upgrades either.

Also chrono boost your colossi out.

Now, later on, when you have 2 or 3 colossus, go ahead and make yet /another/ expansion. We are going to be rich! And you're already rich by the way. Also get a twilight citadel for charge and blink, and even more upgrades from your forge(s). Speaking of which, you could probably have even more gateways at this point. Just get as many as you like pretty much. A gateway cost is just 1.5 zealots anyway, and you have hordes of those things.

Focus most of your army on zealots, but be sure to have around 16 stalkers (or 2 rows). They are important for fighting vikings and medivacs etc. They are also good for DPS when you have enough zealots to tank for them.

Last thing...make sure to have at least a few sentries, for guardian shield, and keep your army together in attacks.

Warning: This is a pro strategy, so you'll have pro amounts of resources. It'll feel like a different game, but you should be okay if you just get enough gateways and everything.

So that's Probe's PvT. Good luck.

Last edited by WNxVanillaDay; 03-08-2012 at 06:52 PM..

Warrior Nation

United States WNxMentalOne
03-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Local Time: 02:58 PM
I like the way you put it, "If you stopped building a probe for 1 second at the 10 minute mark, then you're not playing Probe's PvT." That's a good line, and very true.

"You're a pro or you're a noob
that's life."
-Athene

Warrior Nation

United States WNxVanillaDay
03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Local Time: 04:58 PM
Thanks. This is a psychological experiment lol. I realized I was being self-fulfilling by going into too many details about things. I know how I feel when I see that in a book or something. So I thought I'd try to make a guide that was less dense, easier to remember, more sensible, and also maybe just a bit tricky and humorous.

Last edited by WNxVanillaDay; 03-08-2012 at 09:01 PM..