Warrior Nation

United States WNx X Wick
11-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Match Report
RPG Showdown - Results!
RPG Showdown Results!
Click the image to open in full size.

And so it ends one month later . This showdown required sections that signed up to make a sectional advertisement. They gave it all they got, proving to WN what goes down in their section. We had a total of 6 submissions, and they did not fail to impress me. So without further or do, here are the reports; and winners of the RPG showdown. First off; thanks to:

-City of Heroes
-Eve Online
-Guild Wars Series
-Neverwinter Nights
-Rappelz
-Runescape

For your participation!

Now lets show off the reports:

City of Heroes /City of Villains

Introducing the players of this mighty addictive and competetive game :

Administrative Support:
WNxSoco

WNxMoebious

Major

WNxAlleybean

Field Operations Captains

WNxbigC

WNxJango

Military Police

WNxCrimsonRose

Combat Journalist

WNxDoombringer

Sergeant Major

WNxMadRad

Master Sergeant

WNxLtTrapper

Sergeant

WNxXanatopsis

WNxZanitos

WNxShanadar

WNxBlacklance

Private

WNxRayne

WNxJuaquin

WNxYorgi

Events

WNxAlleybean had been playing City of Heroes for 3 years and still had not gained the highest level a character can get in the game.Level 50.So WNxbigC set up an event called Finally get Alley a d@#& 50 weekend.

The participants included on this were
WNxAlleybean
WNxbigC
WNxJango
WNxMadRad
WNxDoombringer
WNxSoelus

Porschia Shakti dinged 50...finally

This is a screenie of one of the game events that City of Heroes/Villains have for almost every holiday.This screenie was taken while taking down the giant monster Echoai.

Contests
The only contest we had wasnt really for the section. WNxSoylentGreen made a video of the game trying to win a 2009 Toyota Matrix. He didnt win the car but he did make an awesome video.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/251131.html

What makes us Special

One of the things that really make us stand out is the way our section gets along. If there is a problem everybody knows who to get on contact with and they do it. We really are a family.

Something else that makes us special is our AWESOME game graphics and the choices we have for charcter customization such as....

VILLAIN
WnxZanitos' lvl 34 super strength/invincibility Brute ,LockJaw pictured here in Grandville

Hero
WNxDoombringers lvl 50 spines scrapper ,Tagger, in Atlas Park

Villain
WNxbigC's level 50 Robot/Storm mastermind

Hero
WNxZanitos' level 21 Peace Bringer Dawn Strike

Members that made this advertisement

WNxAlleybean
WNxZanitos
WNxDoombringer
WNxYorgi
WNxMoebious
WNxbigC
WNxMadRad
WNxSteeler
WNxJango
WNxCrimson Rose
WNxBlacklance
WNxShanadar

To understand Eve Online is to define the whole space MMO Genre Altogether. This game is an MMO of epic proportions, mass fleets working together for a common goal, not a goal to get a item or special ability, but to fight for the space you and many others think deserve to own, because in this game, owning space ends up becoming profitable, over ICE, ore, or moon mining. In this MMO, you control the future allowing players to own space, pirate, mine, or to simply explore the cosmos as they see fit. And when an alliance of people decides to War on rival systems, the space battles are epic (yes, you can cloak)
We are In Theory, a new corporation created to begin a chapter in history. As a mission running/mining corporation, we will expand by starting main recruitment. Anyone who decides not join us will die. For the longest time, Warrior Nation’s involvement in EVE has spread out into 3 player owned corporations (Guilds, so to speak); One for Pirating in low sec, one for war profiteering, and the last for mining; to create a base of funding and manufacturing of ships. In the mining corp. we perform mining ops where we mine ore rocks out of asteroid belts on a weekly basis.
Taking place 35,000 years in the future, the fictional background story of Eve Online explains that long ago humankind, having used up most of Earth's resources, began colonizing the rest of the Milky Way. Eventually, humans expanded to most of the galaxy. Resources became contested and war broke out. When a natural wormhole was discovered, dozens of colonies were seeded at its other end, in an unexplored galaxy dubbed 'New Eden'. Cut off from Earth and its much-needed supplies, New Eden's colonists starved in the millions. Five known colonies managed to return to prominence, eventually rebuilding society together. These colonies make up the five major empires in Eve: the Amarr Empire, the Gallente Federation, the Minmatar Republic, the Caldari State and the Jove Empire. You can either be immersed into the story of EVE online MMO or create your own story.
If you have ever wanted to fly in space and become a part of something magnificent? Do you ever look at the skies at night and wish you can become a part of that infinite abyss known as space, EVE ONLINE is for you. More than half of our current members can help you steer into the right direction when it comes to the mechanics of game play. I hope that you at least try the trail version and give us a shout that we can help you out.
Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/v/hqNftjgONkI&hl=en&fs=1"

People Involved in Report
WNxKeikun87 - Above Paragraphs, In Fraps Video
WNxSnyper - Fraps Video, Video Editing Tips, In Fraps Video
WNxProtagonist - In Footage, Calming Thor Down
WNxThorAsgaurd - Video Director and Editor, In Fraps Video
WNxJacobiFalcon - Video Tips
WNxSotopwr - Video Tips, In Footage
WNx Joey Bob - In Footage
WNxBlackhawke - In Footage

Guild Wars Series

From the "Guild Wars" Archives...

"Ever needed a true gaming family? Always wanted a gaming guild, that'd welcome you with open arms? Ever needed the last sum of money for the piece of armor you always dreamt of?

Well, let me tell you something - Guildwars is the place to be.

For over 4 years, the Guildwars Section has thrived in all it's glory. Never once has it gone to an extreme low. Always topping the Rollcall charts, always finishing in the top 5. People have come, people have gone, whether we lose one of the biggest characters of our Section, we never let it get us down. "

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
"The Guildwars Section is known for it's amazing members, and amazing potential in-game, and forum based. Whenever a member is in the need of help, there's always people there to aid, whether it be money problems, or simple stuck on a quest, we're always there to help.

We have the most amazing, experienced, helpful leadership! Our wonderful GM; WNxChild, the amazing HG's; WNx Colleen and WNxWinterstorm, and untill recently, WNxMifuyne! Our lovely RG that never let's the place get in a mess; WNxPredator. Last but definetly not least, our spectacular Admin Supports; WNxTiger & WNxUnicorn. We couldn't ask for better leadership."

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

"We here must also give a worthy mention to our amazing Alliance, lead by LOD (guild) which is lead by the amazing Randy! Possibly one of the best PvE guilds in the whole of GuildWars, they welcomed us with open arms. They even saved a spot for us in their much desired alliance, which means a lot to us!"

(LOD Leader (Randy) WNxChild (GM of GWS))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So; here we are welcoming you with open arms, where are YOU?

Come to us!

Excerpt #1 from the Journal of a Battle Operations Leader, Colleenie Spaz

"It was late into the Season of Phoenix, and the clan and I had intentions on venturing out into the lands of the Underworld. Don’t call me crazy, but, I was rather excited. Don’t get me wrong! Its not every day do I want to go out running endlessly, and fight against beasts that can ultimately end my life. Today was different, we could all feel it. Today was the day we would fight in the Underworld. Word had been put out early in the morning, letting all the members of the clan know of the event that would be going on today. Waiting around in the Clan’s Hall, watching for members to show up and take the Underworld’s challenge. After a while, a few members had showed up, WnxMifuyne, Wnx Agent X, Wnx Esscence, Wnx Dawn, and WnxAllyKabaam! We waited together, having a bit of fun in the process, until a sufficient amount of people had showed up. The final team was: Wnx Mifuyne, Wnx Ariel, Wnx WinterStorm, Wnx Esscence, WnxAllyKabaam, Wnx Catz, and Wnx Culligan man! With determination, we charged into the lands of The Underworld…"

"We made our way to the first person to accept our quest from him. Afterward, we set off to our journey. Halfway through our way to finishing the quest, we had found ourselves lost, being none of the members or I has had any experience in The Underworld. On our way Wnx Catz had to leave us. We had no other option then to continue without her though. Unfortunately we had taken the wrong quest, and proved to be an inconvenience, as other monsters had spawned, as a result. This led to our eventual defeat.This would not be the last of our journey to the Underworld. Another day in the near future we will venture out into the lands, and conquer."

Excerpt #2 from the Journal of a Battle Operations Leader, Colleenie Spaz

"It was such a beautiful day; it was early autumn when the decision to venture out to the Fissure of Woe was made. We only needed eight of us, but more then one group had gone. I had left with seven other members of our clan, to take this adventure out to the Fissure of Woe. WnxSwordFish, Wnx Dawn, Wnx Agent X, WnxTiger, WnxMreSlayer, and WnxIcey were their names. Unfortunately, I had stopped and gotten lost! I know, quite embarrassing for someone of my rank. I was forced to make the decision of going back to the familiar lands of our clan, and form another group. I felt rather bad for having to leave the other group. It would have only made their journey harder, but as they say, the more dangerous the journey, the more exciting the story! "

"When we had finally returned, another group was formed, still anxious to get fully in depth in the Fissure of Woe. Wnx Balagador, WnxWeapon X, WnxCulliganman, WnxFlashback, and some of the Heros, were their names this time around. Shortly after entering the Fissure of Woe, we were met with our match, and quickly fought off the beasts that lay in our way. These lands were familiar to some, but extremely foreign to others, like myself. The ghosts that lurked in these lands had quests and tasks for us to complete, and had rewards for us in the end. The ultimate reward though, was completing them all. We were able to complete seven of the eleven tasks. After returning home, there was word that the preceding group, WnxSwordFish’s group had finished all eleven of the quests! Some hardships had made them falter at some spots, but they completed it. This news brought celebration, as the group rejoiced in their success! Such high hopes brought determination in the ones who have yet to conquer the lands of Fissure of Woe. The other groups that I had joined had gotten us pretty far, but we had yet to fully master all of the tasks. Word had spread that other groups from our clan had been successful. At the end of the day, Wnx Weapon X, Wnx Twentyfirst, WnxThrawn, Wnx Mifuyne, Wnx Stemack, Wnx Joshstargun Wnx Flashback and I wanted to give the Fissure of Woe one last try. We were at a good start, until Wnx Thrawn had to leave us, as he had to get his rest. The seven of us continued on, hoping the absence of one person would not lead us to an unsuccessful ending. We had completed ten of the eleven quests, with much difficulty. The last quest really had us working hard, and a bit worried actually! We had to guide the Griffons back towards where we began, through many enemies. With only one monk, and these Griffons more involved in attacking then their health can support, it was an intricate task. In the end, we were victorious! It was my first time, and many others’s, completing the Fissure of Woe, and we took our reward from the Chest of Woe, the ultimate reward."

"What makes the Guildwars Section better than all the other sections, within WN?

Well that's simple really, excellent leadership, excellent members, excellent numbers, proven by our Rollcall statistics, and excellent Alliance. We excel in all areas!

Below we've put together some opinions from the members theirself about why Guildwars is the best section."

WNxSneakyGnu says: "The people. You will never meet such a great bunch of mongrels in any other section. Even when the game starts to feel a bit thin and you lose interest, you'll still keep coming back. Not because there are periodically exciting new, official in-game events or a sudden influx of new and sweet items, but because whenever you log into the game, wonderful people are there for you to socialize with - always cheerful, fun and down to earth.
Accompanied by a kind dedicated team of officers and a hard whip-slinging grandmaster. Those things have made us into a section with a strong and happy Family.. that and the fact that we have the highest amount of ladies than any other section ;-)"

Concerning events...
"The events are always original and numerous. There hasn't been a time were there haven't been planned any events, and that is one of the reasons why GW still is a interesting game to play, despite it's 3 years long heritage.
Especially the AB, Dodgeball events and the costume contest are worth mentioning. They're all interesting and original and you get a chance to team-up and/or compete with the section members."
----
WNxAllyKabaam says: "We are the best because, no matter what we do, we have a really fun time doing it, even when we fail miserably. We are always there to help each other to lend a hand when having a hard time completing a mission or quest, or to better our playing by having someone come show us the ropes at something such as pvp. I had left the guild and joined others, but then returned. I have not found any other people in this game as friendly and helpful as the people in this section of WN. "

Concerning events...
"Events in WN are well planned and there is always plenty of opportunity to participate. I enjoyed UW and FoW the best as even though we failed miserably at UW, we had a ton of fun doing it! FoW was great as we got to do something that a lot of us had not yet had the chance to do. Even when we don’t have something planned, we end up getting together as groups for impromptu events like vanquishing or attempting runs of The Deep or even tea parties in the Guild Hall. The common theme throughout all events though, is FUN!"

----
WNxBladeHunter says: "The environment! The guildwars section has had a very very freindly ever since I joined back in 2007. I've never had any problems in my stay. The Guildwars section is very helpful, very courtious and very constructive!"
----
WNxSwordFishLongspear says: "This section is better than the rest because of its close family-like nature. Members get to know each other quite well, and some even get to the point of calling out each other by first (real) name basis! Member interaction extends beyond game related issues, and people get on instant messengers, Facebook etc to chat about the game, life, school, work, and much more. By being in GWS, you get more than just faceless gaming buddies; you can get a whole new set of friends :-D"

Concerning events...
"Most of these events give the guild something to do. Not only do they relieve the monotony (yes, playing Guild Wars as is has the potential to become tedious) of 'regular' gaming, they are officially sanctioned opportunities for otherwise-distant guildies to hang out and have a good time killing monsters or each other! for the matter
While turnout has been disappointing on several events, many events have been a tremendous success among participants. For example, the FoW weekend got off to an astronomical start to the point where there were two concurrent groups in FoW at the same time! I thoroughly enjoyed the event because first of all, it allowed me to accomplish something I've wanted to do for all my four years of Guild Wars gaming (counting the Betas). Secondly and most importantly, I got to hang out with a great group of people working at a task for nearly five hours straight. While it was rather tiresome at time, the sense of camaraderie, togetherness, and achievement at the end was more than worth it."
----
WNxJman says: "Being a member of the guild wars section i have seen alot of friends come and go... but thankfully most come and stay
If you have ever been apart of the guild wars section; whether it was for a day, month or a year you will have noticed there is no better place to call home. I can say that so definitively because i am currently on my 3rd or 4th LoA and because i'm biased as the previous HGFO - but im still coming back for more after 3 years and if i had a choice i'd never leave. Since i joined Guild Wars back in 05 i have seen 3 long serving majors in total and seen alot of great players who have always been here waiting for me to return yet again.
As i was saying earlier - no matter how long or short your stint in the GWS (guid wars series) section - our members treat you like you were already family. No matter what time of day or night - there are always members out there ready to drop what they are doing to help you. We cover the globe like no other section - from east to west, north and south. It very easy to connect to a section when you have members who may not live that far from you creating essetially stronger bonds inside the section. Members write long and dedicated tutorials, builds, competitions and stories for the benefit of the section - all without the need for praise or recognition - myself personally devoting a large amount of time towards stories, banners and guides.

So why wouldn't you be crazy about this section? Perhaps we talk to much, perhaps we share too much of our personal lives with eachother, maybe you don't liked being called by your real name or perhaps you don't feel comfortable with large groups of people ready to help you with any aspect of the game? Yeah thought so - i mean what other reason could you possibly NOT want to be apart of the guild wars family?

Thanks Guild Wars Family for always having a spot spare for me whenever those long study sessions are over makes it nice to know you are always welcomed back. "
----
WNxThrawn says: "Guild Wars Series is better than the other sections because of its strive to be close with each and every member in the section.
The game has been on the market for over 3 years, so obviously the new content in the game is running very low. Despite this, there's always contests and other forms of "Get togethers" organised by either 1 of the officers or a member of the guild.
People seek out to help each other as much as they can, even if the one helping has done it more than there's hair on his/her head.

We're a close knitted community."
----

These are just a small few of our brilliant members, and thanks to them for taking the time to write these out! :-)

---------------------------------------------
Members included in this report:
WNxChild - Wrote introduction, why we are better than the rest, this section and the Conclusion. Provided a few screenshots.
WNxColleen - As HGBO wrote: - Events in our section.
Contests and Tournaments within our section.
WNx X Wick - Took the time to organise group photoshoots, for Halloween and our RPG Showdown.
WNxWinterStorm & WNxMifuyne - Responsible for the creativity put into this advertisement.
WNxThrawn - Opinions given on why we are better than the rest.
WNxJman - Opinions given on why we are better than the rest.
WNxAllyKabaam - Opinions given on why we are better than the rest.
WNxSwordFishLongspear - Opinions given on why we are better than the rest.
WNxBladeHunter - Opinions given on why we are better than the rest.
WNxSneakyGnu - Opinions given on why we are better than the rest.

Last but not least, the many many members which attended, the photoshoots which took place on Monday 27th October and Saturday 1st Novemeber. Thanks all!
And a worthy mention to Randy for taking the time to take a ScreenShot, for us.

--------------------------------------------------

"That's the conclusion to our advertisement.

I hope you enjoyed our report, and I do hope that it's encouraged you to come join us, and vote us to win the RPG Showdown!"

*Hugs*

Here are a few of our group shots for 2008's Halloween;

And, finally - GO GUILDWARS SECTION!

- Thanks for reading! :-)"

Neverwinter Nights

Introduction

Welcome we are one of the oldest RPG sections and we playNeverwinter Nights .
The game is an RPG that sets in the Forgoten Realm setting (well the original game does). The single player game is really great but the strength of the game is in its Multi player and Toolset. The toolset allows you to create your own game choose your own setting (greyhawk is another well known setting) your own monsters and story. The possibilities are endless…

Events
Our latest event was Dustbone, an old Dracolich guarding a vast hoard of treasure.

The first part starts in the desert:
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 23KB.Click the image to open in full size.

There we face all sort of creatures like Xevils, scorpions, dust elements and living sand:
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 25KB.Click the image to open in full size.

After we have defeated all those creatures in the desert the scorpions are “traded’ for even a more fearsome creature.. An Abimander.
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 32KB.Click the image to open in full size.

These Demon like salamanders are very hard to kill. But eventually show match for the powers we posses.
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 64KB.Click the image to open in full size.

Petrification is one of their strongest weapons as it turns you into stone unable to move.
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 36KB.Click the image to open in full size.

2 clerics at their best creaing a vortex of destruction that tears asunder all living things:
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 28KB.Click the image to open in full size.

At the end you need to open the portal and if you haven’t prepared properly it will remain closed. However we where prepared and the portal opend!
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 35KB.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 27KB.Click the image to open in full size.

And then the big boney guy:
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 37KB.Click the image to open in full size.

After a long and heavy battle and good teamwork we managed to slay the foul beast and send it back to the abyss from where it came.

VICTORY IS OURS!!

Here’s a picture of the handsome trio they managed to slay the Dracolich and go home with it’s treasure:
Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x480 and weights 53KB.Click the image to open in full size.

Tournaments

[Due to technical dificulties we haven't been able to do a decent tournament. I have been on PvP servers and prety much dominated them all as a good GM should but we haven't had a tourney withing WNx]

Creativity

FEAR THE PENGUINS !!!!

Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 122KB.Click the image to open in full size.

Our section is the best!
We have a great and friendly player base that is n00b friendly and give new members a warm welcome so they feel right at home. Some of us live in the other side of this planet yet we feel as close as family and is the sole reason that the majority of our clan are long time members and are all considered friends.

Members included in Writing

WNxMescalino (GM of the section)

Conclusion
What else is there to conclude then that this is THE most fun section of ALL WNx.
While you are all debating about taking over the world we actual TAKE OVER the world.