Unknown Warrior Nation WN Project Manager
Bots applying to WNx Issue Tools
issueid=4400   06-10-2015 07:58 AM
Primary: Heroes of the Storm
Secondary: Diablo 3
Bots applying to WNx
A way to combat the influx on bots applying

How hard would it be to implement one of those random number/letter devices that are made to keep bots from applying to various things? It appears like somebody is slightly angry with WNx and this might be able to stop all of the bots by putting one of those in with the signup just to make sure it's not a bot.
Issue Details
Issue Type Suggestion
Project Sandbox
Category Unknown
Status New
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this suggestion 3
Votes against this suggestion 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

WNxMercy is offline   06-10-2015 10:15 AM | Primary: Development: Other
WNxMercy

We're discussing ways to fix it. The thing you're referring to is called, "Captcha".
WNxNextfear is offline   06-10-2015 03:42 PM | Primary: Heroes of the Storm | Secondary: Diablo 3
WNxNextfear

Captcha that's it I forgot the name of it. I just thought it would help reduce the bot influx. I just didn't know the pricing of adding in that feature.
WNx Dobby is offline   06-11-2015 02:23 PM | Primary: Playstation Division | Secondary: League of Legends (NA)
WNx Dobby

WE KEEP DELETING THEM BUT THEY KEEP COMIN' GOVNOR.

We're trying to figure this out :(
WNxSol1ce is offline   06-11-2015 05:17 PM | Primary: Development: Other | Secondary: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
WNxSol1ce

Captcha itself is free. I thought we had this implemented but apparently not. I'm sure they will come up with a solution soon.
WNxAwp666 is offline   06-11-2015 05:19 PM | Primary: Overwatch | Secondary: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
WNxAwp666
Honorable Discharge

I thought we had a captcha, either way it's settling down now. Was starting to get annoying deleting all the accounts.
WNxTwhiz is offline   06-11-2015 05:30 PM | Primary: League of Legends (EU West) | Secondary: Minecraft
WNxTwhiz

Another field on registration :)
WNxJango Fett is offline   06-12-2015 07:23 AM | Primary: Minecraft | Secondary: WoW Alliance PvE - Kael'thas
WNxJango Fett

We have captcha already. Just go look at the signup page.
WNxNextfear is offline   06-12-2015 10:01 AM | Primary: Heroes of the Storm | Secondary: Diablo 3
WNxNextfear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxAwp666
I thought we had a captcha, either way it's settling down now. Was starting to get annoying deleting all the accounts.
You spoke too soon lol 18 on sign up atm
WNxMercy is offline   06-12-2015 10:12 AM | Primary: Development: Other
WNxMercy

WNxWhiteWolf said there was a release recently of a captcha-reading library that's capable of reading our particular CAPTCHAs.

Hopefully getting a quick fix by requiring more fields. (Primary Game selected, WNx at the start of the username, etc). It's not going to solve the problem, we'll need a new library soon. But the site update is planned for in a couple of months. So hopefully requiring the other fields will stop some. It's roughly 50-60 a day right now. :(
WNxKrakie is offline   06-15-2015 06:55 PM | Primary: League of Legends (EU West) | Secondary: Diablo 3
WNxKrakie

I delete these bots every hour. So we could survive until website update.
WNxFoodNinja is offline   06-29-2015 06:06 PM | Primary: Warrior Nation
WNxFoodNinja

Click the image to open in full size.
WNxLilithSanvias is offline   07-20-2015 03:35 PM | Primary:
WNxLilithSanvias
Honorable Discharge

Not sure where to post this but there was an ad for ffxiv bot show up on the mobile forums that was flagged by my phones antivirus. Evidently it covered the login button (size of the ad). Also should note my phone has a cracked screen so I might have hit in my daze of sleep.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue