Unknown Warrior Nation WN Project Manager
I like! Issue Tools
issueid=3375   02-17-2012 10:40 PM
Primary: Diablo 3
I like!

I don't know if this was discussed but I was wondering if it was possible to get a LIKE system like Facebook, alot of times I've been around in forums and i've seen threads but I always like to click LIKE just like facebook lol.

I know there's a rep system but I think this is a bit different as everyone can see who liked that post!

Please discuss
Issue Details
Issue Type Suggestion
Project Sandbox
Category Unknown
Status New
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this suggestion 0
Votes against this suggestion 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

WNxZeus is offline   02-17-2012 11:25 PM | Primary: Development: Other
WNxZeus
Honorable Discharge

Well, first of all this isn't a facebook community, were a gaming community.

Second, we have a rating system for threads, the rep system, and we also have Facebook likes and tweets. (Mostly because we have a fafebook page and tweet page on their respected sites)
WNxJango Fett is online now   02-17-2012 11:33 PM | Primary: Minecraft | Secondary: WoW Alliance PvE - Kael'thas
WNxJango Fett

I actually agree with Zeus. This isn't Facebook, Reddit, or whatever else has buttons to indicate how you like a post. There is the thread rating tool people rarely use, but, in general, WN isn't supposed to be a replacement to whatever social media you use on a daily basis. Furthermore, if you are simplifying liking a post, you aren't strengthening or weakening any argument in a thread, which makes it sort of a spammy feature.
02-18-2012 08:37 AM | Primary:
WNxJedo

You could just give rep if someone makes a good post. :o
WNxOthio is offline   02-19-2012 10:37 AM | Primary: Diablo 3
WNxOthio

Nobody actually understand what I meant, this system and a rep system is two things different anyway who really USE the rep system ?

Anyway thanks for shooting the idea down so freakin fast, I'll know better next time lol
WNxJango Fett is online now   02-19-2012 03:54 PM | Primary: Minecraft | Secondary: WoW Alliance PvE - Kael'thas
WNxJango Fett

A lot of people use the rep system. Furthermore, this like "feature" would be unnecessary and probably would require a massive change to the vBulletin software.
02-19-2012 04:24 PM | Primary:
WNxJedo

Do your research before getting so mad at feedback. :/

Lots of WNers use the rep system and the 'like' feature is ESSENTIALLY the same as the rep system. If you can successfully explain why they are so different then please do so.

You should also learn to chill out because it's not personal. People are giving reasons as to why this won't work out and would be redundant.
WNxDenny is offline   02-19-2012 05:12 PM | Primary: World of Tanks | Secondary: Guild Wars 2 - Gandara EU
WNxDenny
Honorable Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxJango Fett
A lot of people use the rep system. Furthermore, this like "feature" would be unnecessary and probably would require a massive change to the vBulletin software.
This

I'm sure WW isn't going to work on the system so much that we look like Facebook.
Use the repsystem for good posts. I do it.
03-01-2012 01:13 AM | Primary:
WNxIce

I don't know if there is any system out there right now that can add a like button. I bet Vbulletin does but it is completely worthless since I bet the system is built so cheap you won't notice if the person liked the thread or not.

This is a good suggestion though if we are like a social community but we are not.

I built a forum for a social community but there were no "Like this" option. Who knows. The rep system is interesting but sounds worthless to me since it seems rank is the main objective to be known around here.
WNxZeus is offline   03-01-2012 06:50 AM | Primary: Development: Other
WNxZeus
Honorable Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxIce
I don't know if there is any system out there right now that can add a like button. I bet Vbulletin does but it is completely worthless since I bet the system is built so cheap you won't notice if the person liked the thread or not.

This is a good suggestion though if we are like a social community but we are not.

I built a forum for a social community but there were no "Like this" option. Who knows. The rep system is interesting but sounds worthless to me since it seems rank is the main objective to be known around here.
Not really, many who have very high rep get it from being helpful. Some are admins and some are members
WNxPowder is offline   03-01-2012 04:34 PM | Primary: Development: Other | Secondary: Minecraft
WNxPowder

or a feature that shows how much rep a post has received?
the only feature from facebook i would want to see is a thing where you can Tag a members name and it tells that member he was mentioned in a thread or post
WNxZeus is offline   03-01-2012 07:25 PM | Primary: Development: Other
WNxZeus
Honorable Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxPowder
or a feature that shows how much rep a post has received?
the only feature from facebook i would want to see is a thing where you can Tag a members name and it tells that member he was mentioned in a thread or post
If you wanting to know who reped a post, go into your UserCP or rep the post itself as normal to see.
WNxJugXgerXnaut29 is offline   03-02-2012 07:44 AM | Primary: Minecraft (PS3) | Secondary: Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)
WNxJugXgerXnaut29

In my opinion it would make WN boring quick if we made it like other sites like Facebook. There is a reason why WN is like it is and not like other sites. Like others have said. Thats why you see Facebook, myspace, ect competing against each other all the time, and thats why the 2 pages are like they are, this is a gaming community and a social website, facebook has it's system with the like button and WN has it's system with the REP buttom and as far as taging, just put that persons name on the post and then go to there page and copy and paste the profile link to the name on the post and there is your tag.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue