Unknown Warrior Nation WN Project Manager
iframes? Issue Tools
issueid=3304   01-16-2012 05:04 PM
Primary: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Secondary: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
iframes?
Get iframe-compatability for our forums?

There is increasing support for these iframes in the gaming community which I think we should take advantage of. Example things you could embed are:
These both working to make tournaments and events more enhanced. Not to mention I alike to the idea of the section being on our forums to watch live streams and so fourth. Also I think this is a idea as most things that use to be only HTML-embedding now also include iframes as they are so similar yet have better security.

Yet if there is a belief individuals could use these to manipulate the forums in a bad way then obviously I would understand why we wouldn't get them. I have already browsed a bit and found VBulletin mods supporting such a feature, yet obviously I can't get to the goods because I don't have a VB licence.
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Suggestion
Project Sandbox
Category Unknown
Status Rejected
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this suggestion 1
Votes against this suggestion 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

WNxZeus is offline   01-16-2012 07:37 PM | Primary: Battlefield Series (PS3) | Secondary: Battlefield Series (PS3)
WNxZeus

This could be a good thing for the Podcast department in the CW.
WNxJango Fett is offline   01-16-2012 08:47 PM | Primary: Minecraft | Secondary: WoW Alliance PvE - Kael'thas
WNxJango Fett

If html is turned on in a forum, you are able to do things to steal people's information and what not. If we can get it as a Vbulletin plugin, sure, else no.
WNxAmarines is offline   01-17-2012 06:40 AM | Primary: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War | Secondary: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
WNxAmarines

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxJango Fett
If html is turned on in a forum, you are able to do things to steal people's information and what not. If we can get it as a Vbulletin plugin, sure, else no.
Iframe is not html to my understanding.
WNxJango Fett is offline   01-17-2012 12:19 PM | Primary: Minecraft | Secondary: WoW Alliance PvE - Kael'thas
WNxJango Fett

WNxAmarines is offline   01-17-2012 11:57 PM | Primary: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War | Secondary: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
WNxAmarines

Yes but from what I understand mods only enable the iframe tag, they don't enable HTML coding as a whole.

Its purpose:
Quote:
An inline frame is used to embed another document within the current HTML document.
Therefore its only capable of embedding digital data.
WNxJango Fett is offline   01-18-2012 08:15 AM | Primary: Minecraft | Secondary: WoW Alliance PvE - Kael'thas
WNxJango Fett

Like spyware.
WNxAmarines is offline   01-18-2012 11:33 PM | Primary: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War | Secondary: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
WNxAmarines

Jango your straying off the entire point of this suggestion. I could embed spyware right now if I wanted too with my current capabilities through putting it in an attachment? Or I could link to a site that would immediately infect you if no firewall existed on your PC. The reason we don't do that here is because we would get banned and there is moderators plaguing the forums, not because HTML is disabled.

WW please? :D
01-19-2012 01:02 AM | Primary:
WNxRev

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxAmarines
Jango your straying off the entire point of this suggestion.
No, he's not.

Quote:
I could embed spyware right now if I wanted too with my current capabilities through putting it in an attachment?
That's not embedding spyware. That's linking a download to spyware.

Quote:
Or I could link to a site that would immediately infect you if no firewall existed on your PC.
No, you couldn't. Browsers are (for the most part) run in a sandbox-type setup. You have to allow an application to mess with your files on your computer. Tracking cookies don't count as an infection.

Quote:
The reason we don't do that here is because we would get banned and there is moderators plaguing the forums, not because HTML is disabled.

WW please? :D
HTML is disabled because it's a legitimate security risk; disregard the moderators and account suspensions. It's really hard to pose any real security threat when you can't use HTML.
WNxAmarines is offline   01-19-2012 11:41 PM | Primary: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War | Secondary: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
WNxAmarines

Yea... I don't have the energy. Rejected.
WNxAmarines is offline   01-23-2012 02:14 AM | Primary: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War | Secondary: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
WNxAmarines

I would like to add that after further research I agree with you both and excuse my last post... bit rude :(
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue