Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Old

Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Posted 11-14-2011 at 03:59 PM by WNxCJL9788
Recently I've been playing over some old(er) Zelda games. I bought a 3DS with Ocarina of Time 3D, and promptly played straight through it, and onto the Master Quest. After doing that, I had a hankering for more, so booted up my Wii and played through Majora's Mask. Both games I played through 100% - that's all heart pieces, item upgrades and collectibles. I did this in preparation for Skyward Sword, and also to answer something people don't really agree on...which is better.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2737 Comments 0 WNxCJL9788 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Can 2011 topple 2010?

Posted 02-23-2011 at 05:46 PM by WNxCJL9788
2010 was a good year. Spain won the FIFA World Cup, Rafa Nadal won a career Grand Slam, I finished my 4 year Bachelor's Degree...I met the girl of my dreams. Yes, I think it's safe to say that 2010 was a great year, and that includes gaming...

In the January sales, I made two of the best buys in my life. First off was Bioshock. I played the game non-stop and relished the environment I'd been thrown into, albeit 3 years after most people first experienced it. It made me desperate for...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2791 Comments 0 WNxCJL9788 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Morality in Gaming

Posted 07-26-2010 at 09:50 PM by WNxCJL9788
Updated 07-26-2010 at 09:56 PM by WNxCJL9788
Morality is an odd concept in the world of gaming, and it has only been recently (mostly due to the games that I have played during that time) that it has been on my mind.

When I was younger, morality was never a factor in the games that I played. You just went and beat the crap out of Dr Robotnik or King Koopa because...well, because you were the good guy, and they were the bad guy. That's how gaming worked. Was there ever a moment that I stopped and thought...do I really have to...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4420 Comments 3 WNxCJL9788 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Half Life 2

Posted 04-17-2010 at 11:36 AM by WNxCJL9788
In my previous blog, I stated that I believed HL2 was the best game of the last decade (2000-2009). It topped my list of 10 games I had compiled, which included other greats like Bioshock, Resident Evil 4 and GTA III. Some people disagreed with me, saying newer games such as Modern Warfare 2 made the game look dated. Others I spoke to had similar opinions, saying "The game was great for it's time" but newer games had broken new ground and should be considered better. I started to wonder...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5304 Comments 6 WNxCJL9788 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Best Games of the Decade

Posted 02-12-2010 at 09:42 PM by WNxCJL9788
I feel I need to add a disclaimer to this particular blog. So for all those fanboys out there - before reading this, take a prozac or something. I havn't played every game over the past ten years, and I havn't owned every machine. I can't help it if there is an amazing game out there I havn't tried yet. This is just my personal opinion.

10. Halo (Xbox - 2001)
Without the Halo franchise, it's quite likely that the Xbox, or Microsoft in the Console world, wouldn't be where they...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4933 Comments 6 WNxCJL9788 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Linearity in Games

Posted 01-20-2010 at 08:17 PM by WNxCJL9788
So I've finally been worn down and decided I'll start posting my thoughts in this thing. I often have random thoughts when I'm gaming so I might as well write them down, even if only one or two people enjoy it lol. That, and I need something to do while my 4-year old computer cools down after a couple of hours on TF2.

Anyway, it was while I was playing Portal for the first time (epic game, gotta love the Steam sales) that I thought that over time, games have become more and more linear....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4954 Comments 9 WNxCJL9788 is offline Edit Tags