Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Rate this Entry

Society and Dota

Posted 11-11-2014 at 07:43 PM by WNxChanchoman
Updated 11-11-2014 at 08:02 PM by WNxChanchoman
I'm kind of tired of Dota's community. Great game, shitty people. This are my considerations about this.
Dota is a hard game. It's very similar to how real world works, but in a very non-real-consequences for you -or others. You depend on other people performances and, of course, your own performance, and if any of those fails in any way, you pretty much are screwed. Did your co-worker fail to finish his part of the project? or did Boeing 707's pilot fall sleep and kill 200 passengers? You always depend on other people, even if you think you don't or can't tell that you do (that's why "I don't need anyone to live" or "I can do everything on my own" is bullshit). When someone thinks that can do everything on their own, you see selfish assholes feeding (in real life and in game).
We can learn a lot from this game. When someone is feeding, or getting fed, is very similar to real world reasons. When someone is farming, someone else doesn't. Basic economy, guys. That's why is important to have a plan: who's going to farm, when, and how much do they need (luckily, heroes don't need to eat or pay bills) . Gold let you get lvls. Pretty much as real life, gold let you go to school and get stuffs. If you don't get enough, you can't even get shoes or that awesome Linken's sphere that lets you avoid that knife going to you crotch in that bar fight (wait.... am I mixing shit?). So, when someone says to your support "WHY YOU DON'T HAVE DUST WARDS SENTRYS GEM AND THAT BLOOD STONE MOFO!" remember: they don't farm because of the plan. Raging players are pretty much individualist whom can't see further than their own flaccid dick - it's basically the same when someone says "poor people feed because they want to" (wait... am I mixing shit again?).
This is why I get so tired of Dota community. This is why I think is important to be a nice person in game (an in real life, duh), and more than being nice, is showing that you understand that people, pretty much as heroes, have different games contexts, and even in the same game, it can be SO FUCKING different. Look at your best friend, your siblings or someone close to you and check, even having probably pretty similar backgrounds, you are so different.
So be nice, be friendly, and if you can't help people in real life, at least make Dota a friendlier place (you'll be a better person in real life too, jerk)
Tags: dota 2
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3479 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry

Main     Fuck my life »

Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    thought I don't play Dota thier is one statement I agree with greatly here.

So be nice, be friendly, and if you can't help people in real life, at least make Dota a friendlier place

So with that said if you ever find me in game you will see this is the way I play 90% of the time.
    Posted 11-14-2014 at 05:10 PM by WNxRunnerOfWorlds WNxRunnerOfWorlds is offline