Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Rate this Entry

The first of many....(pssst - the noobian musings are coming back)

Posted 10-31-2010 at 09:35 AM by WNxTHINbot007
So, the time has come and now I feel more so than ever that the excitement and anticipation has reached boiling point. I talk of course of the impending salvation to all of our saddened and broken MW2 lives through the medium of Black Ops.

We are a section that is practically fizzing with an atmosphere that could only likened to the election night in the states when Barack Obama was elected. Never before has such hope, so many dreams and wishes been so dependant upon the release of BO and it living up to the (somewhat) nitrogren fuelled hype.

Everytime I open up my laptop or log onto my PC at work I see at least 3 or 4 people just sitting online in the section waiting for somebody to post something no matter how inconsequential and irrelevant, just so that they have something else to reply to regarding Black Ops.

I have found myself logging on with an almost OCD style regularity to check if anything new has been released about the game, or to see what poll has been posted (ooh what gun are we all looking forward to/what cammo are we going to buy first/what game mode etc etc etc) about the game - in the words of FATAAL "your an addict". Now I know this applies to me but also to every other primary who signed up within the first 2-3 hours.

So much is riding on this game, the hopes and dreams of so many gamers, not just in our section as primaries and secondaries, but think of all of those who have played MW2 and felt that they would have been better off saving there 40 or $55 and just bending over with a tub of vaseline and letting Infinity Ward just butt **** them right then and there, instead of taking all of their hard earned cash and then doing exactly the same but leaving the gamer out of pocket before making them scream in agony at all the modders and hackers who have ruined the game, not even going to bother mentioning the 1000000's of glitches and general short comings of the game.

If this game proves to be a flop (yes I know I have just tempted fate in such a way only seen before in Final Destination - and we all know how that turned out ) then where do we go from here? This will finish of COD for sure, won't it? It will drive so many people away from gaming for a long time. I would even go as far as to say that it would have a detrimental effect upon the Warrior Nation, not through choice obviously, but the pure hatred and animosity that would be created if BO turns out to be a FAIL, would spill over into the forums and we all know how bad that would be. We can't go back to MW2, so do we jump back even further to WaW or oven COD4? Who knows?

Of course I have complete and utter faith that Treyarch have made a highly polished, well rounded and most importantly - a balanced game, and that we are all going to be playing the game laughing and joking, slapping our thighs and throwing our heads back in outrageous joy and happiness (imagine the sort of pantomine robin hood and your half way to picturing what I was trying to convey ). The brotherhood as it has now been dubbed from MW2 EU will be back playing a new COD game that will breath the ever so needed fresh air through our lungs and re-enlighten that magic inside us that gaming used to envoke within each and everyone of us before MW2 crushed it in a matter of a few modified minutes online.

So to all of you here I have only this to say.....

its coming, 8 days and a few hours until we can wait outside in the cold to hand over our hard earned COD points , erm, I mean money to purchase the fabled and place upon a plymth high game known only as Black Ops.

Are we all a little excited people

I think I may have just done a little sex wee in my little robot panties thinking about this game...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4339 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry

Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    Well there are things that look good and things I wish still changed. But atleast they are listening to the public.
  2. Old
    Very true. You cannot please everyone all of the time but at least this looks like they have given it a really good go!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks