Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Old

Hacking Happiness, Part 2

Posted 10-18-2012 at 01:10 AM by WNxProphecy
[URL="http://warriornation.net/Forum/blog.php?b=1284"]Before reading this, please read the first part of this blog.[/URL]

Finally, we have to take a 180 from well defined accomplish-able goals and turn to the abstract. Remember framing? ... Oh, framing, you crazy concept you. * preparatory sight*

Framing is the mindset you assume in a given situation. Most people let the situation dictate the frame. This is the passive, idle mindset. For example, you trip...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2631 Comments 0 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Hacking Happiness.

Posted 10-18-2012 at 01:06 AM by WNxProphecy
Updated 10-18-2012 at 01:10 AM by WNxProphecy
Hello! It's currently 12:06AM, 10/18/2012, and I'd love to welcome you to another self-improvement themed blog post. Here's paragraph of back story before we delve into the meat 'n taters.

Up until early this year, I had a very good job. Starting when I was just 20, I got hired for a company that offered a roof diagramming service to insurance companies. Basically, we would use a combination of aerial and satellite photo's to create a 3D model of a roof, giving the contractor all...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2698 Comments 0 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Evolution part 2

Posted 04-22-2012 at 01:56 PM by WNxProphecy
Updated 04-22-2012 at 01:59 PM by WNxProphecy
The next couple of weeks were pretty rough. I felt for my mom more than anything. She later said my sister was there to handle all the appointments and phone calls, and that I was there to help her emotionally. We got through the funeral and had him cremated. Just me and my sister spoke. I didn't have anything written down but just spoke from the heart. I felt it was kind of a brutal eulogy at best. I didn't pull any punches or lie about the man my dad had been or my shitty relationship with him....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3817 Comments 1 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Been a while hasn't it? This time around, Prophecy and the evolution of a nerd. Pt.1

Posted 04-22-2012 at 01:56 PM by WNxProphecy
CRAP! Some how I highlighted and deleted my first 2 paragraphs. Fuck. Ok well let me sum up real quick and move on.

First blog in forever. Last one was about my GED. I'm going to try and connect the dots between then and now. My mom moved back in. This motivated me to get my GED. It snapped me out of my depression I had no idea I had, as I'd been depressed my whole life and had nothing to compare it to. I started working from home for a small company. Started sliding back, realized...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4608 Comments 1 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Journal Blog 6, a-herping and a-derping in the RL

Posted 11-22-2010 at 04:05 AM by WNxProphecy
That's right ladies and gentlemen and gentlemen pretending to be ladies, it's that time. And by that time I mean 3:29 AM, and I can't sleep.

AKA, blog time.

My life's been rolling right along. I finally got my GED test done so I can, you know, get a real job and stuff. I averaged a 84% across all my test scores, and according to the GED test I scored in the top 5% of all the people that have taken the GED in 2010. I guess that's pretty baller. I mean, not as baller...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2752 Comments 0 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Halo Reach, now that the new has worn off...

Posted 10-12-2010 at 06:16 PM by WNxProphecy
Updated 10-12-2010 at 06:28 PM by WNxProphecy
Hey there readers. As you've prolly guessed from the title, here's gonna be my review of Halo Reach now that I've had some time with it to form full-ish opinions.

The campaign is decent enough I guess. If you've never read the lore, Reach was basically the Pearl Harbor of the humans in the Halo universe. Before then there'd been only sporadic contact with the covenant and the large majority of the armed forces and nearly all civilians had no idea it existed. But when you play Reach,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4998 Comments 3 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Proph's WN Questionnaire.

Posted 09-25-2010 at 04:56 PM by WNxProphecy
Hey guys, I just thought I'd throw this together ftk (for the knowledge) and see what you guy's thoughts are on WN. Fill it out, it'll give me something to read when bored xD
[LIST=1][*]How long have you been in WN?[*]Have you ever been inactive for a long period? How many times and why?[*]What was your original primary game?[*]Who recruited you and how were you introduced to WN?[*]What sections have you been in?[*]Which section has been your favorite?[*]For you older members, how has WN...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4747 Comments 7 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Journal Blog 5, epic games, thoughts on Reach, more silly stuff

Posted 09-21-2010 at 05:03 AM by WNxProphecy
Hey it's 4am, I should probably be asleep, and I'm not wearing pants. That means it's blog time.

As usual, where to begin? Oh yeah, epic games.

I've decided that I should go back and play some classic genre defining games that I've never had the chance to play. For example, Baldurs Gate. I've never even touched it. Well with the magic of the internet it's now just sitting around waiting to be installed and I intend to get cracking on it tomorrow. On that list are some...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5734 Comments 4 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Journal Blog 4, new music, new games, old games, new hobbies, I rawk

Posted 09-06-2010 at 12:35 PM by WNxProphecy
Updated 09-06-2010 at 12:43 PM by WNxProphecy
Yup well I think it's been too long since you all heard how awesome I am, so lets get right to it.

I recently got into a band called The Builders and The Butchers. They have a really... odd style. It's kinda folk I guess, but all of their music has a really dark undertone, through both the underlying sound and the subject matter. Here's a quick selection of my favorites-

[URL="http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/The+Builders+and+The+Butchers+Barcelona/2gDDHR"]'Barcelona'(My...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2070 Comments 0 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags
Old

Proph's Soap box 5, Silly Delta Event Drama.

Posted 09-03-2010 at 04:07 PM by WNxProphecy
Updated 09-03-2010 at 04:43 PM by WNxProphecy
Well it's that time again. By that I mean, 3:20 PM on a Friday and none of my friends are off work. So, I'm bored. And what do I do when I'm bored? Write. So, here we go.

As I said in my previous blog viewable [URL="http://warriornation.net/Forum/blog.php?b=606"]here[/URL] the Delta event was really helping to boost the activity in the MW2 360 forum. But I also mentioned my 'baseless' skepticism. Well it turned out to be not so baseless. Once again, I should of trusted my...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2290 Comments 1 WNxProphecy is offline Edit Tags