Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Old

Live-streaming Rift Beta

Posted 02-15-2011 at 05:15 PM by WNxFireWraith
I will be live streaming the Rift Beta off and on this week. If you're interested in the game, but don't want to bother downloading the client, add me to XFire.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3077 Comments 3 WNxFireWraith is offline Edit Tags
Old

SW:TOR must hit 500k subscribers to make a profit

Posted 02-02-2011 at 09:24 AM by WNxFireWraith
Just read some interesting news about Star Wars: The Old Republic. Bioware has spent so much on the game that they need a minimum of 500,000 subscribers for the game to break even.

Seems like an awful lot of money to spend on a game. I guess in the Blizzard Era, games have to spend that much just to compete.

I would be curious to see the number of subscribers Rift needs to achieve. They have shelled out an believable amount of money on that game.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2706 Comments 2 WNxFireWraith is offline Edit Tags
Old

5 things PvPers wish PvErs knew about us

Posted 02-01-2011 at 09:12 PM by WNxFireWraith
1) Just because someone prefers PvP does not mean they think anyone who prefers PvE is a "carebear". It is an extremely small (albeit extremely vocal) minority of PvPers who think that they are better than PvErs. Most of us PvPers understand that there's nothing wrong with PvE and we secretly enjoy it ourselves.

2) Ganking is different than griefing. Ganking is part of any open-world PvP game. If you are getting frustrated by ganks, go gank people yourself or join a clan...
Tags: mmo, pve, pvp
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3018 Comments 1 WNxFireWraith is offline Edit Tags
Old

What would it take to beat World of Warcraft?

Posted 03-02-2009 at 12:57 PM by WNxFireWraith
I read an article a few weeks back (can't find it at the moment) that included a study in it. The study was some game research group determined how much money it would cost for a company to make a game that was more popular than World of Warcraft, taking into consideration the popularity of WoW and the state of the MMO market and such due to it.

Slightly shy of $1 Billion. It was like $900+ million.

What does that teach you? Timing is everything. WoW picked up a market...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3479 Comments 2 WNxFireWraith is offline Edit Tags
Old

When will games pay attention to the market

Posted 02-25-2009 at 02:03 PM by WNxFireWraith
It is interesting that video games is one of the last areas of business that has absolutely no concern over the market.

This is most evident in the fact that EVERY game is released at the price of $49.99. There are three payment schemes for video games, either $50 box, a $15 per month fee, or free with a cash shop. That is ALL.

This is absurd if you think about this. If I'm going to buy a washing machine, I can get a nice one for a lot of money. Alternatively, I can...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3441 Comments 4 WNxFireWraith is offline Edit Tags
Old

Aion - Next Big Game

Posted 11-24-2008 at 10:58 PM by WNxFireWraith
For all you Korean MMO haters, get ready to change your pants when you see this new game heading our way.

(hit "continue reading" at the bottom so you can watch the videos I've inserted)

NCsoft, the same company that made City of Heroes, Guild Wars, Tabula Rasa, and Lineage, have released a new game in Korea. The game is currently shattering Open Beta records in Korea; a huge accomplishment. This game is coming to the US and Europe in 2009.

Posted in Development
Views 4000 Comments 4 WNxFireWraith is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Warhammer bribes me?!

Posted 11-19-2008 at 11:12 PM by WNxFireWraith
About a minute after I got an email from Mythic asking why I discontinued my Warhammer account, I got a second email also from Mythic that invited me to be an exclusive tester of the new patch on their test server, which includes the new careers, meaning I'd get to play them before anyone else.

Wtf mythic. Bribe much? I should quit games more often, maybe I'll get more free shit.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1488 Comments 0 WNxFireWraith is offline Edit Tags