Warrior Nation Blogs Warrior Nation Experience It!
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

What does RPG Need in WN?

Posted 12-28-2009 at 10:21 PM by WNxWakko (Wakko's World)
Updated 12-28-2009 at 10:37 PM by WNxWakko
I wanted to post this separate. WN spends a great deal of time trying to figure out what the FPS/RTS gamers need. We create departments, ranks and make many decisions based on those areas more than anything. The reason tends to be because FPS/RTS has a higher population. However we shouldn't ignore the needs of RPG or enforce practices or departments on RPG when they really have no use for them.

So I ask you, if you are a member of an RPG game, a game leader, an Admin, a regular...
Posted in Wakko Reports
Views 4630 Comments 16 WNxWakko is offline Edit Tags
Old

Working on some changes

Posted 12-26-2009 at 11:15 PM by WNxWakko (Wakko's World)
Updated 12-28-2009 at 10:37 PM by WNxWakko
I think its clear that alot of changes need to be made in WN. Somethings that disappointed me over 2009 was the decline in members, loss of Battle Operations due to poor leadership in the end and a lack of direction for administrators that are classified as Special Forces. I think what WN needs is to revisit many of the failed components and revive those that had good foundations.

Battle Operations had a good foundation and its demise was not because the principles were wrong,...
Posted in Wakko Reports
Views 4754 Comments 31 WNxWakko is offline Edit Tags
Old

Things in Progress

Posted 12-14-2008 at 12:39 AM by WNxWakko (Wakko's World)
This week I have been putting some thought into various aspect in WN that need some retooling. Another thought over the past few months is Iíve wanted to dig in more to our processes and rules and attempt to simplify and deregulate.

Then this week WNxKiddPark put out this thread,
http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=480527

This to me was a great opportune time to see what some of our main issues might be. What I decided to do is cherry pick...
Posted in Wakko Reports
Views 3300 Comments 2 WNxWakko is offline Edit Tags
Old

WoW Support Features

Posted 11-25-2008 at 09:48 AM by WNxWakko (Wakko's World)
Updated 11-25-2008 at 03:29 PM by WNxWakko
I have added two new BB codes on the forum. One will pull your character data and the other will pull item data. When you enter the info and hover over the text with your mouse, it will open a tooltip and display all the info in detail.

To learn how to use this new feature, go here,
http://warriornation.net/Forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#item

I dont have a character so I cant test or show you an example. You will just have to use it and see.

Posted in Site Upgrades
Views 3064 Comments 1 WNxWakko is offline Edit Tags
Old

Competitions Module Upgrade

Posted 11-20-2008 at 07:25 AM by WNxWakko (Wakko's World)
Updated 11-20-2008 at 07:52 AM by WNxWakko
WN Competitions Upgrade

v2.6.5: 8 November 2008
- Removed image widths for edit buttons (so they display correctly for custom buttons)
- Added spacing in ladder template after Ranking, Recent matches, Upcoming Matches
- Fixed Join Ladder link displaying on Recent Matches & Upcoming Matches pages for ladder competitors

v2.6.6: 10 November 2008
- Ladder competitors can leave ladders (and rejoin at later date with score intact - stops cheating)...
Posted in Site Upgrades
Views 2603 Comments 0 WNxWakko is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

November Code Upgrade

Posted 11-19-2008 at 09:42 PM by WNxWakko (Wakko's World)
November 2008 Code Release

New Skin
  • Forum
  • Homepage
  • Support Pages

New Minor Features and Enhancements
  1. More Advanced Quick Reply on posts/threads
  2. Private Messaging
    • Quick reply
    • New Subject preview message
    • Enhanced notifications and options
  3. Arcade Upgrade from 2.6.1 to 2.6.7
    • Tournament-disqulification more fair: nobody gets disqualified who played all tries
    • Actual highscore-champ (mainpage) shows up correct if more then one player has best result,
Posted in Site Upgrades
Views 1522 Comments 0 WNxWakko is offline Edit Tags