These are the best that WN has to offer. They are the ones that show off who we are, what we are and how we do what we do through being one of our most active sections providing the 'gold standard' experience for their members. They meet and exceed all of the criteria we look for in a healthy section and are sections that others should strive to emulate. As a Core Section they should receive certain perks in recognition of their efforts and they will be expected to maintain their high standards in order to keep their core section status.
What Would a 'Core Section' Receive
The following will be granted to a Core Section as and when Tech Ops are able to facilitate them:
How Does a Section Obtain 'Core Section' Status?
- A direct link to their forums within the banner/toolbar at the top of the forums.
- A landing page/section webpage with information, news, links, contact info etc.
- The forum placed in the Core Section category which could be directly under the Commonship.
Core Game Status will only be granted to the most active or deserving sections in WN. Any section will be able to achieve this status, however they must be able to prove that they are deserving of this honour. Core Game Status will be granted by 5* and MG Ops. approval based on factors such as:
How does a Section Maintain 'Core Section' Status?
- Extremely high sectional activity and through providing an exceptional experience for their members.
- AAA or similar (Most popular F2P titles such as HoTS/LoL etc) titles may automatically be granted Core Section status if they are anticipated to be huge games for WN.
- Sections which have extraordinary achievements (section being recognized as one of the best clans to join, featured in media publications or showcased by game developers for their activities, etc).
Can a Section lose 'Core Section' Status?
- Maintaining excellent activity in all areas (in game, recruitment, forum).
- Extremely high membership retention rates.
- Maintaining status in game/wider game community.
- Providing a 'Gold Standard' experience for their members.
YES. If sections with this status do not continue to maintain their standards then they will be at risk of having their status as a core section within WN revoked. The idea of Core Games is to showcase the best that WN has to offer so with that comes the above noted expectations that effort be put into maintaining their excellent status. We understand that sections experience difficulties and these will not cause an immediate loss of Core Game status if they are affected. But there will be expectations that these difficulties/issued are addressed and remedied in a reasonable timescale to allow them to continue to be a gold standard section. If this does not happen, loss of status should be expected.
Development Process for 'Core Sections'
Games that are expected to be Core games for WN will bypass the Development entry requirements (15 primaries, 1 GC) and sections will be started in advance of the games' release.
Core Sections for series games (such as CoD) will go through Development initially (so the 2015 release will go through the development process as normal), however future releases in the titles will only go through Development if the section is no longer healthy. If there is solid leadership and member numbers in the section it will simply transition over to the new game and will continue functioning as a released section.
Supported Games are the rest that WN has to offer. Generally, Supported Sections are those that are considered reasonably healthy and have to at the very least meet our minimum activity standards, just as sections right now do. Supported Sections can progress to Core Section status if they put in the effort and deliver results providing the 'gold standard' experience we expect from our Core Sections.
What Would a 'Supported Section' Receive?
How Does a Section Obtain 'Supported Section' Status
- A custom link to their forums - warriornation.net/section
- Full administrative support.
- Forum listed after Core Sections
Supported Game Status will be granted by going through the Development Process or working up from a Kick-Start. Similar to Core Game Status, any section will have the ability to earn this title. Supported Section Status will be granted by the Operations Staff based on the following criteria:
How Does a Section Maintain 'Supported Section' Status
- Acceptable sectional activity (Game and Forum)
- Steady and stable growth, recruit retention and member base.
- Kick-Starts who have grown larger than anticipated and now require Operations Support
Can a Section lose 'Supported Section' Status?
- Maintaining acceptable activity in all areas (in game, recruitment, forum).
- High membership retention rates.
- Providing a healthy experience for their members.
YES. A section can lose Supported status should they fall below our standards of activity and health. Upon losing this status, the section may be offered 60 days in Development for rebuilding/strengthening efforts or be completely cut.
Development Process for Supported Sections
Supported Games will not be able to skip the Development process, including when a new title or expansion releases. They will have to go through our current channels of becoming a full section. Exceptions may be made on a case to case basis, but these exceptions will be extremely rare.
Kick-Start groups are not
sections, they are temporary 'tools' granted to games where there is some interest to bring the game into WN but where time is needed to form a group that will satisfy the Development entry criteria (15 primaries, 1 Game Champion).
Requesting a Kick-Start group must be done by PM to the Operations MG. This must include an overview of the game, evidence of any interest within the community for the game and why the game is suitable for WN. Kick-Start forums are not given automatically - if it is felt that the game is not suitable then the request is likely to be declined.
What does a Kick-Start Receive?
- Single forum in the Workshop.
- Game Selector (Primary/Secondary choice)
- Mumble channel.
- 60 days to gather enough interest and recruits to be granted entry into Development
These groups receive no official Development Support
. Once the 60 days are up, if the game has not met the Development entry criteria they are likely to be archived and satisfying the entry requirements must then be achieved without the help of Kick-Start.